Good Thoughts For My Gracegirl Please

Poor Grace. I do hope the pain gets better soon. Thanks for keeping us updated. Everyone is rooting for you Grace! Hang in there...! :bighug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending more prayers. Feel better soon sweetheart. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Owey!! Poor gal!! I wish I was closer. She could hang out here with me all day. Poor little button.

I hope this is the worst of it, and tomorrow it's just a healing thing; itchy maybe, but manageable....

I told DH about poor Gracie in the daily GT News Update (which he half-listens to! :P ) He was grimacing through the whole story.

More hugs and healing thoughts coming your way!!

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Owey!! Poor gal!! I wish I was closer. She could hang out here with me all day. Poor little button.

I hope this is the worst of it, and tomorrow it's just a healing thing; itchy maybe, but manageable....

I told DH about poor Gracie in the daily GT News Update (which he half-listens to! :P ) He was grimacing through the whole story.

More hugs and healing thoughts coming your way!!

:bighug

Thanks Xan! Your kind thoughts mean more to me than you know. I'm in tears again...we are heading to the vet as soon as I finish my lunch and wrap up a work project. I *hope* we are through the worst of it.

Home from the vet now. Her drains are infected. :( Crap, crap, crap, crap. He mentioned a second surgery. Again, crap, crap, crap, crap. :( She's on a second antibiotic and I have a solution to flush her drains with. They informed me that she had my number, and she's not in as much pain as she's letting me believe she's in. She runs and hides from me when I'm trying to apply the warm compress. They said to muzzle her and just do it, she definitely hurts but it's not *that* bad.

Please send prayers and good healing thoughts that the antibiotics will kick the infection so we can avoid a second surgery.

Edited by gracegirl

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest vahoundlover

Oh no! :grouphug Katie ripped her side open while rounding a corner that sloped...she was stitched up with drains, got home the 3rd? day and knew immediately it was infected, the smell was horrible..back to the vets to get it cleaned up and a 2nd antibiotic and it cleared up no problems. Hoping Grace's will too. :goodluck

Edited by vahoundlover

Oh no! :grouphug Katie ripped her side open while rounding a corner that sloped...she was stitched up with drains, got home the 3rd? day and knew immediately it was infected, the smell was horrible..back to the vets to get it cleaned up and a 2nd antibiotic and it cleared up no problems. Hoping Grace's will too. :goodluck

Phew, that's good to know. The vet mentioned a second surgery and after that I tried to pay attention but mainly heard wha, wha, wha.....like Charlie Brown's teacher. Thanks for that glimmer of hope. :)

Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Wonder if the vet was sliced like she is if they would think the same re pain?

Sending lots of prayers the antibiotic does the trick!

He didn't say she was not in pain, he said she was not in as much pain as I was believing she was in. Example, I walked past her when she was on the couch and rubbed her paw, she screamed bloody murder and ran across the room. Did that hurt? Probably not. Did she think I was going to put a warm compress on her neck? Yep, I had a hand full of laundry I was taking to the hamper. He reassured me that I can gently clean her wounds and she's not going to pass out from the pain.

I did just that, with a lot more confidence, and she was very good. I muzzled her just in case, and while she was not pleased she didn't scream either. I told her, "if you behave and stand still, this will be over much quicker. If you scream, I'm still going to do it." She obviously didn't understand my words, but understood my confidence and body language.

Guest LolasMom
Sending lots of prayers the antibiotic does the trick!

My thought exactly! Many more prayers coming your way.

Edited by LolasMom

Poor Gracie. :(

I hope the new tricks work. Quickly.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest karma98104

Oh Grace!! :( I'm so sorry!! This really truly sucks.

PLEASE don't be afraid to call me, even if it's just for someone to help you take her to the vet!!! :(

Poor little girly - and her poor Mummy too :( Hope she's feeling much better soon :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

oh your poor girl!!!!!! :( :( :(

sending healing hugs and prayers that the infection is cleared up quickly and she's back on the mend!!! :bighug:hope :hope :bighug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway