Good Thoughts For My Gracegirl Please

Checking in to see how your night was. I am hoping you got some sleep and Grace is feeling better.

Unfortunately she's not doing too good. :( She now won't get off her bed in fear that her mom will poke and prod her (per the vets instructions). I have some antiseptic that I'm supposed to use to flush the wounds out twice a day, in addition to the warm compresses. She tolerates them, but is not happy about it. So, instead she tries her best to stay camped out on her bed. I have to leash her and encourage her from behind (lifting up her rear) to get her off her bed now.

She slept okay last night. Every few hours someone moved and I got up to make sure Grace was okay. By choice she is sleeping in a kennel in my room with the door open, she usually sleeps on the couch in the living room. I'm thankful I can be back in my bed again, even if it's just for a few hours.

Fingers crossed for a good, healing day today!

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no. Infection? Well, that's what antibiotics are for. :) Poor thing... I confess, I'm sitting here trying to think how I can help, but I am just a bit too far off, unless you want to ship her off to unfamiliar hands for a week or so, which I somehow doubt! :P Probably bumptious Pogo wouldn't be too helpful, either. :P

So, I'll just have to keep sending my very best most strongest and yet gentlest get-well-right-away positive thoughts! *Putting forefingers to temples, tightening up my face, and beaming thoughts south!*

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Oh no. Infection? Well, that's what antibiotics are for. :) Poor thing... I confess, I'm sitting here trying to think how I can help, but I am just a bit too far off, unless you want to ship her off to unfamiliar hands for a week or so, which I somehow doubt! :P Probably bumptious Pogo wouldn't be too helpful, either. :P

So, I'll just have to keep sending my very best most strongest and yet gentlest get-well-right-away positive thoughts! *Putting forefingers to temples, tightening up my face, and beaming thoughts south!*

Your healing thoughts help more than you know! I'm no vet, but I think the wounds look better today. It could just be wishful thinking.....but here's hoping! I won't be posting photos because it's super gross with all the draining. Blech! She tried to cockroach again tonight. She didn't yelp this time, but i wouldn't let her get all the way on her back. I told her she could be silly soon enough. :)

Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest goperigo

Your healing thoughts help more than you know! I'm no vet, but I think the wounds look better today. It could just be wishful thinking.....but here's hoping! I won't be posting photos because it's super gross with all the draining. Blech! She tried to cockroach again tonight. She didn't yelp this time, but i wouldn't let her get all the way on her back. I told her she could be silly soon enough. :)

Please let me know if you need help either getting Grace to the vet or with foster guy tomorrow. I should be home no later than 4:00. Peri, Tyler and Bobcat send their LOVE. Hang in there little Monkey and please let mom take care of you.

How is today going?

Thanks for checking in on us! She's doing better today. :) Her favorite spot to sleep is on the couch in the living room with her little brother. Last night she slept there for the first time since her attack. She also tried to cockroach so I could give her a belly rub. She didn't cry out this time, but I wouldn't let her get all the way to her back. I'm leaving work in an hour or so to go to the vet. Her wound still looks horrible (I'm not posting pics, it's REALLY nasty) so I'm not sure if it's healing better or not. I just hope, hope, hope she does not have to have a second surgery since she's finally feeling better today.

More Rescue Remedy before the visit with the Dr. and we'll take another new route to the office. Fingers crossed :goodluck for good news, I'll update when I'm home from the vet. NO MORE SURGERY! :hope :hope :hope

Edited by gracegirl

He didn't say she was not in pain, he said she was not in as much pain as I was believing she was in. Example, I walked past her when she was on the couch and rubbed her paw, she screamed bloody murder and ran across the room. Did that hurt? Probably not. Did she think I was going to put a warm compress on her neck? Yep, I had a hand full of laundry I was taking to the hamper. He reassured me that I can gently clean her wounds and she's not going to pass out from the pain.

I did just that, with a lot more confidence, and she was very good. I muzzled her just in case, and while she was not pleased she didn't scream either. I told her, "if you behave and stand still, this will be over much quicker. If you scream, I'm still going to do it." She obviously didn't understand my words, but understood my confidence and body language.

It does sound like she may be picking up on your anxiety.

Easier said than done, I know, but... before every treatment, take a deep breath, stay calm and upbeat, and know that what you're doing, while it may be uncomfortable for her, is necessary for her recovery.

Sending lots and lots of healing thoughts and :grouphug 's from Oz!!!

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

Okay, back from the vet. We got all cleaned up again. The wounds are healing a tiny bit better than Tuesday's visit. No surgery needed....yet. He was optimistic that she wouldn't need surgery, but he said there is still a chance she might. Several of the staples towards the middle of the incision are the ones to keep an eye on.

ETA: Her drains were also removed. I still need to flush the holes out (yuk) where the drains were. I'll upload photos tonight when I get home from work. I hope, hope, hope that she gets a clan bill of health by next Thursday, before Dr. Fisher leaves town for a vacation. (Who knew vets were allowed to take vacations :D) He did show the other doctors her wounds so they have a point of comparison, in case thing are not better by the end of next week.

Edited by gracegirl

Prayers for all the sick and injured pups on this forum. Love, Peace, and Good Health to all, is my Christmas wish. :lol

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb