Darcy Deerhound

Bevd

Bev, I hope *you* had a lovely potter around for your time out of the house today. Gentle scritches to Darcy, please, and tell her that absolutely no other critter can "do pitiful" as well as she always has!

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TaniandMalachy

Good girl, Darcy!

How great to hear that she got a little bit of her sparkle back. That must have been wonderful. I think having visitors is a great idea. Hopefully all the distractions will take her mind off things for a little while.

Enjoy your break, Bev. You've certainly earned it!

Guest Tenderhearts

A burst of silly waggy is a good thing indeed! :clap :clap :clap :clap

BTW, my mother also sends along good wishes for Darcy. Your gang has become a favorite with my family, and my mother is especially enamoured of Darcy and Duffy. I frequently update her on Doyle doggy happenings (they don't have internet at home, but I frequently send piccies to Dad at work so she can see them), the last event being Stanley's brilliant and yet horrifying romp around the grounds at the event you took him to. She thought that was a hoot! :nod:D

We had a t shirt change earlier and this is what's underneath today (avert your eyes if necessary because it's a wound/bruising pic)

12139ab48cf5f45132a1f71a2e1f308c.jpg

1c22ef9f4f08ae66c2afb423dfda8465.jpg

:eek

Thats a bit colourful, isn't it :eek

No further movement as yet, but Aunty Nicki should be arriving soon so you never know...

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest wmlcml6

Poor Darcy. Bev, I highly recommend arnica gel if you don't already use it. Look at what it did for our Player in less than a week.

October 16th

Playeroctober016.jpg

October 18th

Playeroctober18001.jpg

Guest DundeeToddsMom

She doesn't look too bad at all! Sweet girly.

I've been through 2 amputations, my Todd with his rear leg and my sweet Bubba with his front leg.

You'll be amazed how soon she'll be running around and you won't even notice she's missing a leg.

Keep healing well Darcy!!

They all seem to bruise so easily don't they? I just noticed a couple of bruises on Pinky's chest last night from romping with Skimmie (he must have put his feet on her as she was laying on her side, playing with him).

I think Darcy's incision site looks great (from what I can see in the pictures). Did the vet tell you to ice the area or anything to prevent swelling? If so and she'll tolerate it, I'd try it. Might help the bruising go down too.

In no time she'll be up and doing things you don't think she should be doing yet - you just wait! :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

I think that she looks remarkably good. I don't think the bruising is bad at all considering the trauma of the fracture & the surgery. She looks bright & alert. All good signs.

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

Let it be known that Darcy has got up unaided - and of her own free will - twice - this afternoon :D

She also enjoyed her visit from Aunty Nicki :)

"I don't mind walking with Aunty Nicki but Daddy - your slippers are just too embarassing to be seen next to"

b5cfedbdcd16e2bb5f77d55717808176.jpg

"they really are quite gross"

1347e136581229f090ad0fbb3eca2319.jpg

"Look at meeeeeeee everyone! This is meeee being pretty in pink"

edc9c85677f871fa1ee0834282ab78d2.jpg

"I love you Daddy" (As long as I don't look down and clap eyes on those slippers)

fccbdf931918fb114a724d21876c279f.jpg

"Me, in bed with my new pink bear from Aunty Nicki"

7f4186210bc53ec9dceab096da21772e.jpg

wmlcml6 - thanks, I do have some arnica :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest Tenderhearts

:clap :clap :clap :clap

Darcy, you do look most lovely in pink! (I think your mum needs to attach a small pink matching bow on your hairy head) :wub: You are very lucky to have such a nice auntie! :nod I will have to co-sign on the sentiments for your dad's slippers :lol

I hope you don't mind I lifted the picture of you loving on Daddy for my current desktop pic. :)

Miss Amber has also been reading the updates, and we are all praying very hard for you here at the zoo crew, and behaving, for a change :lol:hope :hope :hope :hope

Darcy, you are very pretty in pink. Keep up the good work, sweetie!

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

My heart leapt to see Darcy up and about and to know that she got up all by herself :yay

In one of those pictures it looks like she is smiling a little bit, showing some teeth :) I am thrilled she is doing so well!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--