Darcy Deerhound

Bevd

depending on what time I get finished at work tomorrow I have to take madam fluffy for a fructosamine blood test after our mini scare the other week I promise not to frighten him with tales of Bevd and Darcy :lol

:lol

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest snowberry
I've spoken to the man. (Hannah - it's a Mr Lowe in Karesborough - is that your vet??)

Think your vets might be these people: http://www.petcancervet.co.uk/

There's a list of UK oncologists here: http://www.vetindex.co.uk/vetindex/onco_ref.htm but it doesn't include all the vet schools.

And there's some info about chemo drugs here: http://www.caninecancer.com/chemo.html

Darcy is being very brave!

Guest greymomx2
Do you think if we all said really special words and promised to be good and do all nice things, the lab results will show that Darcy's tumour was one of those latter two...

I *do* think so....................

Therefore, I will commence saying really special words and promise to be good and to do all nice things :beatheart

:grouphug Darcy :grouphug

:grouphug Bev and Marc :grouphug

Adding to my chant: "not osteo, just something simpler and less spready."

Don't know if you'll find this helpful. With Wabi, when she won't get up, I take her hold of her bed on the edge behind her head, and start lifting towards her hind feet. This helps her to get her feet under her. Darcy may be too big and heavy for that, but ... Just in case it helps!

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

OK - but do I need to wait for the lab results before I email him?

You can, because if you email him directly, he's out of the country until mid next week

He is out of the country but he still answered my e-mail this morning! ;)

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I've spoken to the man. (Hannah - it's a Mr Lowe in Karesborough - is that your vet??)

Think your vets might be these people: http://www.petcancervet.co.uk/

There's a list of UK oncologists here: http://www.vetindex.co.uk/vetindex/onco_ref.htm but it doesn't include all the vet schools.

And there's some info about chemo drugs here: http://www.caninecancer.com/chemo.html

Darcy is being very brave!

Yes. that's the vet referral place I spoke to :)

I'll have a look at those other links - thank you :)

Darcy has just been manhandled out to the garden where no toileting took place :rolleyes:

When she came back in, she managed to lay on the correct side for a change so as she stinks to high heaven (thanks to the wee in the bed situation) I gave her a sort of bed bath. She's licking her wound a bit (which is the downside of her laying on her 'good' side) and there's a fair bit more bruising coming out now.

She had a good dinner tonight (one tin of that stuff and two chicken breasts) plus she had one or two small treats during Mokka's birthday 'party').

Piccy taken just now after the bed bath

dac6a6e85378be5184abefbb9a1f16ce.jpg

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Oh sweetheart...feel better soon honey. :wub:

Usethisone.jpg

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

Guest Tenderhearts
This went on for about two weeks, and I thought I owned the Village Idiot because he couldn't figure out not to lie down on the bad side until someone told me that it is instinctive in dogs to lie on an injury to protect it.

I'm sorry, but this really tickled my funny bone hard! :lol :lol :lol (Randy is sometimes considered a village idiot per his strange behaviors :rofl )

Glad Darcy got a bed bath. Kiss that sweetie for me! :kiss2

Darcy's picture looks like she's doing terrific! I'm sure she'll be bouncing around on her own in no time.

Bodie also ALWAYS laid on the amputation side and then started screaming until we rolled him over. We'd try to get him to lie down on the other side when he went down, but he would just move back to the bad side until he realized it hurt - then we were supposed to fix it! :rolleyes: This went on for about two weeks, and I thought I owned the Village Idiot because he couldn't figure out not to lie down on the bad side until someone told me that it is instinctive in dogs to lie on an injury to protect it. And as soon as the stitches were out, sure enough, he stopped lying on that side.

Bodie's in the middle of chemo treatment and doing really well now. If it is cancer (and we are all hoping it's not :goodluck ) I would recommend going with chemo. We also put Bodie on Artemisinin as they are just starting studies on that at OSU, with some amazing results.

And by all means email Dr. Couto. He is a wonderful man with a wealth of information on osteo that he is more than willing to share.

I'm sorry - I missed this post (I think you posted as I was quoting Hannah) :blush

The village idiot thing made me laugh too :lol Maybe Darcy is actually the village idiot because it doesn't make her scream when she lays on it :huh Mind you, they always say where there's no sense there's no feeling :lol

Wew have decided that if it is osteo (which it can not be because so many people are thinking nice thoughts and doing nice things etc etc) then we will go with the chemo.

Darcy sends a slight sleepy but well meaning lick to Bodie :blush

Guest SquanHound

I have been MIA for some time, so I am sorry I am only posting now. I am so sad to learn that one of our beloved Deerhounds has taken ill, but I am glad that she made it through the surgery and resting at home. Darcy will be in my prayers.

Bev, I'm just now seeing this. I'm sending thoughts and prayers for good things for Ms. Darcy Deerhound.

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

OK - but do I need to wait for the lab results before I email him?

You can, because if you email him directly, he's out of the country until mid next week

I'd encourage emailing him anyway. He is a very kind man and even answered a few of my emails while in airports waiting for connecting flights. :)

Sending more good thoughts Darcy's way. :hope And more pictures please. She looks lovely. :wub:

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

Guest wmlcml6

DArcy, it is so good to see you looking so good post-surgery. You are the coolest looking girl! I hope we hear many more years of Darcy stories (with pics, please!)

Morning.

We had a wet bed again this morning (dispite attempts to get her to go out during the night) but this morning she's been out for a poo (yayyy) and then came into the house at speed :blink: It was quite funny/scary really because she was leading Marc rather than the other way round :eek She's still being supported but the fleecy sling was more slack today so she was doing more of it on her own.

She had her breakfast (2 scrambled eggs and a tin of stuff) laced with Rimadyl and is now resting in a nice clean bed.

This picture tickled me because it looks as if she was being vicious :lol In reality, she was getting food out of her teeth when Marc called her name :lol

a22162fd8563ed77fd31b01ec67035a3.jpg

Sprout was watching from a respectful distance :wub:

4f7f70152d0a259cede65e198f0bd42f.jpg

Bruising progress on day 3 post op

2e9e4c58104622f8d2f2762eb90d1053.jpg

Oh Bev....Kiss her for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg