• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tenderhearts
She's laying on her 'bad' side :eek

Is she mad??

I hope not! :eek :eek

I had a horrible time getting Lori Ann to lay on her 'good' side when she had all the sutures in her flank from a chow attacking her on a walk :(

It hurt me just to watch her, but she insisted :rolleyes:

She must be reasonably comfortable laying on 'it' because she's gone to sleep :unsure

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest Tenderhearts
She must be reasonably comfortable laying on 'it' because she's gone to sleep :unsure

You did say more than once she was a wee bit daft, didn't you? :dunno:P

Glad the sweetie is able to slumber! :kiss2:sleepy

My goodness, I just saw this trhead - what a roller coaster ride reading it through! From diagnosis to surgery to recovering at home! I am so sorry that the darling Darcy has cancer :( but I'm sooooo, so glad to hear she is doing as well as she is. Many, many good thoughts coming across the pond for her continued healing and for future good check-ups!

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Guest vahoundlover
QUOTE(Sirocco_Nikki @ Oct 17 2007, 11:34 AM)

Her incision looks really good.

Starting the 'pain-free-infection-free-fast-healing-while-kicking-cancer-hiney' chant.

I'll join in on that chant.

Me too!

Me three!

Me four!

Her incision looks really good. I guess she's comfy if she's laying on that side :huh

The garden visit didn't happen because she refuses to move and she was getting stressed, so we've just left it for now.

If she wees in her bed it doesn't matter. I just don't want her to be upset by doing it there.

Can you set up a make-shift "garden", with an old rug or whatever, so that she doesn't have to soil herself but can wee close by?

Also, is she on any pain meds?? Dyce was "different" for a few days after the amp, and I always thought he was coming to terms with it....

I am so proud of you, making the decision and acting on it as you did, saving your sweet Darcy's life! :colgate

Continued prayers for optimal health and sweet ZZZZZZZZZZZ's for Mom and Dad!

Lisa

I am so sorry we are late seeing this, we are still praying for strength for you and Darcey! :bighug:bighug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest LolasMom
QUOTE(Sirocco_Nikki @ Oct 17 2007, 11:34 AM)

Her incision looks really good.

Starting the 'pain-free-infection-free-fast-healing-while-kicking-cancer-hiney' chant.

I'll join in on that chant.

Me too!

Me three!

Me four!

Count me in as number five! :beatheart

No garden visits took place during the night as she refused all attempts to get her to move. We are still at the same stalemate situation this morning

Spoke to the vet to report that she's laying on her 'bad' side and he said that was normal and that it was fine. I said it makes my hair stand on end.

(small snort)

I also reported that she'd not been out and he wasn't overly concerned (although he understood that we were concerned!)

I asked about blood tests or other tests to detect stinky cells and he said there are tests which can be done but they are not very specific (and therefore not very helpful).

I also asked about chemo and he will refer us if we want referring but he explained that in animals, the dose is kept low so as not to make them feel ill - but because it's a low dose, it tends not to really offer much in the way of killing anything that's lurking. He said it could buy some time but not offer a cure. Given that a nd given that we don't actually know if there *is* anything lurking - and then given that it doesn't offer much other than maybe some weeks if something *is* lurking, I think we may well not go ahead with that. But then I may change my mind by this afternoon. I know that protocols may be different in different parts of the world but this is what happens here and for the moment, I'm still pondering and I will chat to the vet about it some more (and so some reading).

Darcy has now had her Rimadyl (in sausage, even though its a paletable tablet because she wasn't for paleting it in any way without sausage assistance) followed by breakfast of a tin of recovery diet and two scambled eggs.

A garden visit will follow once we've plucked up courage the tab has had time to work.

I need to add this edit regarding chemo:- I realise that others here do have dogs on chemo and I'm not suggesting that it's not right for them or that it won't do good for them but that here, these are the feelings about what is on offer for our dogs. We all do what we think is in our own dogs best interests - and long may that continue.

Edited by Bevd

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Bev, this is encouraging news about Darcy - but oh so hard on you and Marc watching her recovery. Lots of good thoughts & hugs going to you during this very trying time. Darcy - you sweetheart - feel much better soon!

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Edited by Fiona3

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest grey_dreams

It must be chilling to watch her lay on the side that had surgery, but if it is something she wants/needs to do, and as the vet said it's normal, then maybe she gets some comfort from it. I hope she can sleep deeply and restfully. With a little more time, I am sure she will be up and outside to the garden again. Wishing you Marc and Darcy much courage and strength during these days :grouphug . Kisses to sweet Darcy :kiss2 . Hoping that the cells didn't spread and for a quick recovery. :hope:candle

Guest vahoundlover

I'm glad she's eating, I guess when she is ready for a garden visit she will let you know. :dunno You have had a lot thrown at you in a short period of time, I think you guys are handling it really well. :grouphug

Darcy has now had her Rimadyl (in sausage, even though its a paletable tablet because she wasn't for paleting it in any way without sausage assistance) followed by breakfast of a tin of recovery diet and two scambled eggs.

:P

Sending many hugs for you, Marc and sweet Darcy!!

:grouphug:bighug

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

We all do what we think is in our own dogs best interests - and long may that continue.

:nod

I'm glad to hear Darcy made it through the night with few problems. She will no doubt get up to "potty" when she needs to. It is amazing how long they can hold it though, esp when under duress, like post-surgery... or rainstorms. :rolleyes::lol

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Eh up

bfdf56d17de36c67a113f50a35d221b0.jpg

After much puffing, panting, pushing and shoving (and that was just from us), Darcy was hoisted up and trundled outside whereupon she did a poo :D (Sorry for sharing but you need to know these things). She had a potter around (supported walking as you can see, not walking by herself yet) and then during her little break before she came back in, she ate some pate off a spoon for being a good girl. Then she came back in and totally bypassed her bed and aimed for the living room door to go out with the other dogs who were waiting in the hall (where I had shoved them) for their walk :rolleyes: I got that bit on video which I will add later today. She was eventually turned around and pointed towards her bed and she went in and lay down on the wrong side again :rolleyes: She is now asleep.

Below is a close up pic of the wound today so skip past if you want to avoid it

12947f6f41dd93c3ee0b67e4ad1ea770.jpg

Oh honey...You have been through so much and you are so brave...so good...so precious. Get some needed rest sweetheart and soon you will be going for walks and running with the wind and you won't even notice that you have one leg missing...all of those things will come in time...right now rest...eat...potty...and let the healing begin. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest LolasMom

Darcy what a sweet brave girl. More prayers and gentle hugs coming to you.

Her incision looks great considering how short a time it's been.

Take care, and get lots of well deserved rest, both of you! :kiss2