Darcy Deerhound

Bevd

Have you asked your vet to consult about the possibility of using artemisinin as well---this may have been discussed earlier in the thread, but I couldn't remember. If they are positive, it's truly worth a shot.

Yes, we're going to be using that :)

My vet mentioned another herbal thing to me and I think he said something to do with turkey necks :blink: I have the proper name written down so I'll look it up and tell you what he actually said later :lol

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all :)

She had a very good walk today. I wasn't there. I'm sure she saves her really good stuff for when I'm not there with the camera :angry::rolleyes: She walked much futher than on previous walks and although she did stop for a few 'bites of salad', Marc found that if he carried on walking, she would eventually get up and follow when he called her (whereas during previous walks, we could have walked far away from her and she'd not have got up to come after us). Also, she met up with some new dogs today and when they got close, she got up from one of her resting moments to go and see them :o:)

A few piccies from the past couple of dayds

Wound and hair re-growth

128588b7aefc8bc8572dc96787040a9d.jpg

Peep-ohhh

f4ee86b16927b8e766d76e00433417a4.jpg

In bed

0b58d368f93656ce0ee9a68ed9a6c10c.jpg

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

So glad to hear that she had a good walk today! Sending positive thoughts that all goes well with the chest xray Monday and that they can start treatment right away.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Darcy had another very good walk today - further than yesterday (which in turn was further than all previous walks since her op).

I didn't go as I was involved in making a Christmas cake ( :rolleyes: ) but I sent the camera to record any good bits :D

Not entirely graceful but going at speed :)

650ad0e7212dbd872597a616cc2380aa.jpg

Having a break :wub:

c67ca3f31e5d07dfadde2d6faa68ba53.jpg

Meeting with friends

82f47f719d8f197283c2453fdb153b17.jpg

Following Daddy back to the car

8c35e6a05cca844ad6838152d8c67e01.jpg

So. Tomorrow is the big day. Or rather, the next big day. I just hope they don't find something in the x ray which will put a stop to the chemo, even before it begins.

She's looking just wonderful, Bev. Prayers for a clear chest x-ray... :hope Sending many kisses to your baby girl. :kiss2

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I've been out of town, just getting back today and checking in here for Darcy results. *sigh* I'm sorry Bev. :bighug I do hope your vet and the treatments will allow your family and Darcy to have more time together. We'll continue good thoughts and prayers for her. :hope

:grouphug

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

Having a break :wub:

c67ca3f31e5d07dfadde2d6faa68ba53.jpg

She's such a beautiful fuzzy girl :wub:

I'm so sorry the diagnosis was much more serious than you had hoped. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that her x-rays are clear tomorrow, and that you can go forward with treatment as planned.

First news is that the x-rays look OK so chemo will go head.

But the drugs haven't arrived on this mornings delivery :angry:

(It was a bit short notice possibly, as he only ordered them on Saturday afternoon).

So, Darcy has had a heavy sedative rather than a GA for her xrays and is currently sleeping it off. I've got to phone about 1pm to arrange what time to collect her. (I want to ger her back and settled before it goes dark as its Nov 5th).

I'll know more about when the chemo will start once we've been back to the vets this afternoon.

(But at least we know it can go ahead).

Good news so far! Fingers crossed that she continues to do well and that your drugs arrive soon.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Darcy is now home and is...sleeping :rolleyes: She does have an excuse this time in that she's still dopey from the sedation!

We had a good chat with the vet and these are the things I remember (as I had no pen and paper).

The lab report said the tumour was moderately well defined (or words like that) and it was central (but I don't really know what that bit means). The report also said that the tumour had a low (or slow :unsure ) rate of something (can't remember the word used - it wasn't metastasize or metasta-anything - but the meaning was the same - a low/slow rate of spread).

I'll take that with knobs on :D

Lungs were definately still looking good. More knobs on!

The chemo drugs are now on order and they will arrive within a few days. She doesn't need to go in and stay for a day or part of a day with the Carboplatin so they'll phone me in a morning, tell me the drug is there and then she'll go in that afternoon, just for a normal appointment and be given the first dose. And then we bring her home (eek).

By the way, I can't remember if I've told you already but she's going to be having Carboplatin and Doxorubacin. (Caroboplatin first and then three weeks later (tests allowing) she'll have the Doxorubacin - and then three weeks later (tests allowing again) Caroboplatin and then again with the Doxorubacin and then possibly, another blast of Carboplacin).

I'm going to have all sorts of instructions like needing to take her temperature regularly and I'll have medication to give if her temp is too high (or was it low...no, I think he said high....thank goodness this will all be written down :rolleyes: ). She'll have drugs on hand here in case she gets tummy related side effects.

She'll need to go back a certain amount of days after the drug is given to have her white blood count done. At the moment, from bloods taken today, her count is 6000 (which is the very low end of normal apparently).

One thing he did say was that for a couple of days after Darcy has had her drug, she's not to wee or poo where kids are likely to play as the drug will be coming through her waste and all anti cancer drugs can cause cancer. Jeez. This means that we have to wear gloves to deal with her waste and that our other dogs are going to be exoposed to it if darcy toilets where they do. We've therefore decided that for those couple of days after each treatment, she's going to be taken to our front garden to go to the loo.

<snip>

We've therefore decided that for those couple of days after each treatment, she's going to be taken to our front garden to go to the loo.

I think this will be considered quite the treat! I know one of our dogs is always excited to be let out front to do her business (weirdo).

I'm glad the news is good! And that this weekend she was up to meeting some other dogs! I think the cancer must have been found relatively early, which is always good.

Fingers crossed and prayers said for good medicine-taking!!

Today I can report that Darcy went to Pets at Home and made really bad smells - so bad that I had to keep apologising to other passing customers who may have thought they were being gassed :lol But she enjoyed the trip so thts all that counts :D

And then tonight, she took herself off to the garden all by herself, for the very first time since her surgery :D

Today was a good day :)

Just catching up. Sounds like some really good news and progress, with a long road ahead. Hopefully, a long healthy road!!

It's so good to see her up and about, then smiling in her bed. Looks like she thinks life may be worth the ride again! :wub:

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Sending good thoughts to you, your family and to Darcy from Wisconsin....

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Guest vahoundlover

:yay Darcy :yay

Many prayers that the drugs do what their supposed to with little side effects so I can enjoy your beautiful sweet face for many many more years.