Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About LennysMom

  • Rank
    Still wet behind the ears
  • Birthday 09/01/1980

Previous Fields

  • Real Name

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ

Profile Information

  • Location
    Las Vegas, NV
  1. I am so sorry for your loss
  2. I'm so sorry you are facing this decision. When we let Lenny go in December it was at home. I have a wonderful vet and she brought 2 techs with her to help with everything (in case I didn't want to hold him, to carry him). I'm so grateful that he got to be at home and our girls got to be there. The hardest part was waiting for the vet to come over - but I think the drive to the vet would have created the same feelings. I really wanted this for our other dogs and because he was having a hard time moving around. To answer how he left our home - He was wrapped in his blanket to be carrie
  3. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your condulences, it is a great comfort to know that we are in your thoughts!
  4. It's taken me quite awhile to post this. I'm not a regular on this board but many here helped me when Lenny got sick so I feel the need to to let them know he has passed. He was just in too much pain and when DH had to carry him downstairs I knew it was time. I wrote a letter to him and I want to share it here. I just want others to know how amazing my Lenny was. My sweet boy, I will always remember the first time I saw you at your foster’s. I hadn’t seen many greyhounds and you with your ears slicked back prancing and slapping your paws around just made me giggle. When things c
  5. I've been going through a lot of digestive trouble with Lenny and my best advice is to go to an internal specialist. It's the best advice I got (and I got a lot of good advice). I have a wonderful vet but she just doesn't have the same training. hugs for Duke
  6. Thank you so much for the prayers and comfort. He did eat a little last night and this morning and kept it down so without getting excited at least I know he's getting his appetite back. I am getting a lot of good advise here and will be talking to his vets and others to see what other options we have and what they mean for Lenny. So long as the vets agree that it is worth the effort and it wont make him worse we'll try anything. Also, thank you for for sharing your stories, they are a comfort. Luckydog, your words mean a lot, thank you
  7. Update 12/3- I wanted to let those of you who have prayed and given advise for my boy that it turns out he does in fact have cancer - gastric sarcoma. There is also a spot on his liver. It isn't his regular vets fault that it was missed when we first biopsied 4 months ago. After much discussion and soul searching we are opting to make him as comfortable as possible until he is ready. Surgery was an option but the best the oncologist could tell us is possibly 8-12 months and that's it. Given his current state of health it would be a painful time for him and there were concerns about his recover
  8. My thoughts are with you and Della, I know the frustration of not knowing what to feed your dog to make them better. It seems so rudimentary but it can be so complicated. Many hugs and prayers!
  9. Yay for good news! Keep it up Saul!
  10. Thank you all again for wishing us the best! That's actually where we started with this whole thing and I totally agree prednisone should be a last option, unfortunately we're there. A few months ago we started changing diet, medicines, I actually got a really great diet from a forum member here and it worked for about a month and then he became worse then before and would not eat. That's when I opted for the scope since his symptoms moved away from IBD a bit and the vet thought it was cancer when she saw his stomach. I will definitely try to ween him back off but right now he has
  11. I just got the news from the vet! It's a severe IBD (which is not so great news) so his vet does want to start a predinsone cycle. It's what I was initially trying to avoid when this all started but right now is just a huge relief. I feel bad that it's gotten this bad while I was working with it but at least I have a definite answer now and I can get him feeling better and gaining weight. The vet is willing to work on different diets to hopefully get him off predinsone in the future. Thanks so much to everyone who lent their support and prayed for my boy
  • Create New...