Jane's @ Home, Recovering (probable Stroke)

Guest VelvetEars

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checking in on Jane and Jackson this morning.

I'm glad Jackson is being a good boy with his bandages :)

I hope you get more answers for Jane today. I also hope her swelling around the leison goes down and they can decide what you are dealing with.

hugs,

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

Guest VelvetEars

Last night, a tech walked by her crate and she was standing up. A little later, the tech walked by and she was lying down again. When they took her outside to pee, she didn't bother getting into position, though. But, she's not one to perform on command. This morning, she's propped herself up on her chest and is just "watching" (although she can't see anything, she's pretending, I guess).

Today, she'll be checked out by a cardiologist (sometimes strokes are cardiac-related, and are obviously a vascular problem - it's a long-shot, but what the hey) and the ophthalmologist will check her eyes - he was in surgery all day yesterday. Her tick panel is still not back, but that's less of a concern. The vet has also agreed to call Ohio State and consult with Dr Cuoto. In the meantime, we remain cautiously optimistic that she continues to improve.

Good news! Still sending prayers for Jane. :hope:hope:candle:candle

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest Hannah

good thoughts heading your way

if shes 'watching' she might be able to see shadows moving or detect bright lights moving

fingers and paws crossed for continued improvement

Guest VelvetEars

I am hoping her vision isn't completely gone, and could maybe improve while on the pred to help get rid of some of the swelling that I guess could be causing pressure that causes blindness or vision loss. But seriously - a blind Jane is better than no Jane. I just need her to be able to walk - even minimally - to come home. I have a very bad back and can't carry her up/down stairs (7 each way in/out), so she's got to be able to support some of her weight (I'm fine with using a harness to help her along).

Hopefully the vet will call back soon with the end-of-day update. (Have I mentioned I'm not a patient person?? The waiting is KILLING me!!) I'd really love to be able to bring her home sooner than Saturday. Tomorrow would be ideal. Friday would be ok. But I'd settle for Saturday if that's what it takes.

Any bit of good news is cause for quiet celebration! Glad that Jane is taking an interest in what's going on around her.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.