Jane's @ Home, Recovering (probable Stroke)

Guest VelvetEars

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Flint

I wish I had ideas on how to treat Jackson's nail, you certainly have enough on your plate right now. Sending many prayers for you, Jane and Jackson.

Sending hugs, and thinking of you and Jane, and Jackson too.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Oh Meredith, I am so sorry to hear about sweet Janey! :weep

You have her at the right place....prayers that all went well today and they can find out what is going on with her. :hope:candle

I'm sorry to hear about the other problems and hugs to poor Jackson!

If there's anything at all I can do to help you, please don't hesitate to call. You have my cell number.

:bighug

Kim

Kim, (Herman), Pixie (NK Mary Ann), Kitten, Sammie, Darcy and Scout

Callie (Callie Walker), Ava (Lass Dance), July, Peanut, Kodi, Bailey, Kony, PJ, Scampie, Carlo & Casey waiting for us at the bridge

Guest VelvetEars

Jackson is hanging in, leaving his bandages alone and being a good boy. I figure he has to think that if he doesn't behave, he'll get sent away like Jane. :lol He and Porsche are doing remarkably well w/o their alpha Jane here. it's funny - John didn't realize Jane had her own bowl - she actually eats out of all three, but the other 2 don't touch hers - he filled up two of the three bowls, one being Jane's, and Jackson and Porsche were trying to share the contents of the other bowl because Jane's bowl is off limits. :rolleyes:

Got a call from the vet around 4p today. Jane was just coming out of the anesthesia, and she was doing fine. <sigh of relief> Some of her test results were in, although the tick panel is still out. The MRI shows a lesion at the base of her brain/top of her spine. They are not sure if it is a tumor or the remnants of a stroke - even the neurologist isn't sure. The borders are irregular, so it doesn't look like a typical tumor, but they can't say for sure that it's not. There is also some edema around it, so she is back on the pred to help alleviate that. She continues to be on the other meds - doxy, clindamycin, and the Z-thing (can't remember - another antibiotic). She continues to be Jane --- when they took her outside this morning, she tried to pull herself into position to pee, and anytime they open her crate, she tries to make a break for it. She is, as the vet put it, a fighter, which is in her favor. If she had given up, her prognosis would be worse. I also asked the vet to put her on some sort of pain reliever, because she does seem to be hurting (headache? sore neck?), and provided that's not going to mask other symptoms, I'd like her to at least be comfortable. She's going to give her something - not Rimadyl, though, something else.

That said, her prognosis is still iffy. If it's a stroke, she should be improving by this weekend. If not, then it's probably a tumor and she won't get better. I've made the decision to leave her there until Saturday. At that point, we will either get her and bring her home (if she's improving), or send her home (if she's not improving). Right now her quality of life is questionable. Being blind is one thing, but being immobile is a different story. As a velcro alpha, I can't believe she would be happy being confined to a crate and unable to follow me - with the potential of hurting herself if she tried.

So that is the status, such as it is. Basically, my fears were semi-confirmed, but there are still no definite answers.

I am going to bed now -- still trying to catch up on sleep, and I'm on call at the baby factory tomorrow night, so I need to be prepared to be called in. (And yes, I could give my hours away, but I obviously need the money and being at a birth is a reminder of how life does go on, and it's an opportunity to witness a miracle, which I could certainly use. it's also a way for me to help someone, when i can't help Jane.)

Guest Winterwish

:grouphug Reading about Jane's bowl is very moving Meredith. :grouphug

I'm so sorry Jane is so sick. :grouphug

Sending prayers for healing for Jane. :gh_child:hope :hope :hope

continued prayers for you and sweet Jane. Jane is a fighter but so are you. You know the circle goes on and you are fighting and helping too. God bless you all.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

:grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Could it possibly be a Chiari malformation? I wouldn't have normally thought of a CM with a dog, but I just admitted a (human) patient with that dx today, and she has numerous neurological problems, including blindness. Basically it's caused by the lower part of the brain protruding down into spinal cord territory, where it shouldn't be, of course. Treatments include steroids & surgery, depending upon the symptoms.

I'm glad Jane did well with the MRI, and am keeping her (and you) in my prayers.

Maryann, Bama (TW Beltram), Stephanie (Tom's Stepinhi) & Henderson the Cardigan Welsh Corgi

Checking in on Jane, thank you so much for updating.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the best possible outcome.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Sending prayers. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I'm relieve to hear that Jane made it through the MRI and is such a fighter. Hoping that the meds are helpful for her symptomss and give her relief from discomfort. Lots more prayers and light coming to all of you... :hope:candle

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.