Jane's @ Home, Recovering (probable Stroke)

Guest VelvetEars

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Winterwish
Hey Meredith-your not alone.

We are all thinking of you and your family.

:bighug:heart

Meredith I can't imagine how awful this is for you and Jane.

Sending heartfelt hugs and comfort to you, :grouphug:gh_child:grouphug:hope

~ mary

Meredith, I'm so sorry for everything that you're having to deal with right now...I'm praying for a miracle for your Jane :hope :hope :hope

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest meandmygreys
I know he's not a dog person (except for poodles), and I know Jane hates him, but she's my baby and my first dog and my first grey, and he knows how hard this is for me. you'd think he could show a little sensitivity...it's not like it would kill him. but no ---- this takes away from the focus on him (his mental issues, his job issues, the fact that he's on medical leave b/c he can't deal w/ stress, etc etc etc). And never mind the fact that rather than taking refi money and redoing the kitchen I had to pay off over $20k worth of CC bills that he'd run up WHILE he went through consumer credit counseling (with a card he hadn't disclosed)....or that I'm footing the bill for his meds and his hospitalization and a variety of other crap when he makes waaaay more than I do, and I can't quit my sucky job because I carry insurance and there's no way he'll get insured again. It's all about him.

Don't get me started.. :angryfire Anyway..enough of that...

I'm praying for YOU and your girlie.. :hope:candle:hope:hope:candle:hope

Guest neckcess

Sending rays of light in your direction.

Hope things get better soon for you and Jane.

And by the way, you are not the only one with a husband who doesn't get it. There are lots of us out there just like you !

Just try and hang in there and keep us updated.

:goodluck

I've just come in this morning and read through all this. I'm SO sorry. :bighug

I know how terrible an ordeal these things can be, though I've not had a dog with exactly those symptoms. Here's hoping it's something treatable, and she makes it through the tests and anaesthesia OK.

Sorry about the DH, too ... if he doesn't handle stress well, it may be that he simply isn't capable of offering support or even understanding. It may help to think of it as a kind of sickness that he has. :(

Sending good thoughts and prayers for you and your little Jane. :hope :hope :hope

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest grey_dreams

Oh Meredith, I'm really so very sorry for all of this that you have to endure. I felt sad reading your recent update. But just know that there is no reason for you to feel alone. I know that I am there with you in thoughts, and there are many here who feel the same. Hold tight, stay strong, and just know that as hard as it is you will make it through this. I hope hope hope that there will be good news about your sweet Jane. :grouphug:hope:grouphug:hope:grouphug

Guest wmlcml6

I'm so sad to hear this latest update. Poor Janie.

I know it's tough for you to deal with this on top of the DH issues. Mental health is such a scary situation, and hard to deal with by itself without any added stress. I've seen it bring a family down and I wish there was a cure. Hang in there!

Hugs for you today and hoping for a miracle for Jane.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Do you know about carecredit.com ? If you pay it off within a year there is no interest. They include vets, but the vet hospital must be a provider and typically these large hospitals are affiliated.

I won't get started on your DH, just do what YOU have to do for Janey, she needs you more.

Yes we all can fault your DH but he is who he is. Don't expect him to be like you or I or the rest on this board, do what you have to do for your dog.

:grouphug

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

I'm so sorry you're going through all of this -- having such a sick pup is bad enough. :sad1 :sad1

sending MANY prayers for you and Janey -- and praying for a miracle for your little girl. :hope:candle:hope:candle:hope:candle

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am so sorry that you are facing such uncertainty about your beloved Jane. You and she are in my thoughts and prayers.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Guest trevdog

Sending more prayers....my DH asks the same question first so I know what you mean......but then his little girl comes home all mended and he loves on her a lot. Some men are like that apparently.

There is almost nothing worse than lack of support when it's needed most. You come here, girl! We'll give you all the support you need. Don't worry about the cost, you spend all your energy on Jane. We'll continue to send all the white light energy her way.

C'mon, Janey.........Momma needs you!

Guest VelvetEars

Thanks, guys. It's 9:10a here, and no news yet. I have to leave in about 45 minutes for work, and will be at work the rest of the day. (I was hoping to work at home today, but with being out yesterday, a bunch of stuff was moved to today that I have to be there for.) Because I'll be at the office w/ no access to GT, I won't be able to post updates until this evening.

Please hug your babies for me, since I can't hug mine before she goes in for her tests.

And, because I needed something else to worry about, I discovered yesterday that Jackson's nail broke off, leaving a bunch of quick exposed - it's like the quick broke through the bottom of his nail? Very strange - so I had to play medic last night. Thank heaven for vet wrap and baby socks! So....while we're waiting for an update on Jane, feel free to give ideas for how to treat Jackson's nail! Right now it's got styptic gel (w/ benzocain) and a gauze pad wrapped around it, and then he's wrapped in vet wrap, a baby sock, and more vet wrap to keep the sock dry when he goes outside.