Bounty Boon bladder cancer/prostate cancer

I am so sorry. :( Sending my many prayers and gentle thoughts. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:sad1:grouphug spoil him rotten and love on him

I think you are right. At this point it seems all he wants is me to love on him. I can't ask anything more out of him.

No interest in food tonight. I have tried several different things. He is so tired and I am thinking it is the disease and possibly the Reglan. I might hold off on the Reglan now and see if he perks up at all. Right now he is just content to lay on the couch. He has had a couple visitors today and seemed to enjoy that. But I think he breathing is more labor intensive today than yesterday. The cough just really started a little over a week ago so I am not sure how long he will be comfortable.

Have you tried strained babyfood meat? It's always worked here. And my friend Ellen makes scrambled eggs and stirs in some cream cheese just before serving. It was something Rex enjoyed when he was refusing all other food.

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

Sending good thoughts :candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Checking in to see how you and Bounty are doing this morning... :)

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Morning everyone...

We had a pretty quiet night. I slept downstairs with him for a while but then he wanted his couch so I went up to my bed. He is not interested in food but I just gave him some Pepcid. He just seems very tired. And he is drinking very little also. I think he takes a few licks of water just to humor me. I thought maybe we could take a ride in the car today but honestly not sure he is going to be up for it.

Unfortunately, not better news.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

:grouphug Maybe a hamburger from McDonalds??? :)

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Guest K9_Lady

Sending gentle kisses :kiss2 to Bounty Boon this morning and hugs :grouphug to you Donna.

Maybe a tender steak would get him to eat?

Guest MomofCash

Thinking about you and Bounty today ... sending prayers and love from Cash, Flecka and myself .. *hugs*

Believe it or not, I had surprising success using a small oral syringe to give Sissy Vanilla Ensure near the end. I filled it up, and poked it into the corner of her mouth and slowly released the vanilla-ey goodness into her mouth. I was leery at first that I'd be "forcing" this stuff into her, but she actually seemed to like it, nibbling at the syringe each time I offered it. I believe it gave her enough strength to enjoy a few more good moments those last days.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

I haven't been on much and am just seeing this! Donna, I'm so very sorry. I will keep Bounty in my prayers.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest MorganKonaAlex
Believe it or not, I had surprising success using a small oral syringe to give Sissy Vanilla Ensure near the end. I filled it up, and poked it into the corner of her mouth and slowly released the vanilla-ey goodness into her mouth. I was leery at first that I'd be "forcing" this stuff into her, but she actually seemed to like it, nibbling at the syringe each time I offered it. I believe it gave her enough strength to enjoy a few more good moments those last days.

I did the same with Carnation Instant Breakfast. It worked for Alex as well. Even when they aren't willing to lick it out of a bowl, they seem to enjoy it from the syringe.

Sending prayers and hugs for Bounty. I am going through bladder cancer with my non grey. She is 12, my heart dog and it is terribly difficult. She had bladder surgery but not all of it was able to be removed. She is on all the same meds as Bounty. I am giving her N/D food as well as anything else she will eat. She will still eat scrambled egg and sometimes chicken that I cook. I just want her comfortable until it is her time. Please know that I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

For anyone reading this thread the bladder cancer was not discovered because she was being treated for a urinary tract infection first. The vet tried quite a few antibiotics first before going to the ultrasound. There is no blame here. I don't know that faster treatment would have worked for her. All we can do is love them and hold them close.

Hugs,

Judy

I also used a syringe with Maddison - he had yoghurt in his.

Thinking of you :grouphug

Edited for typo

Edited by Bevd

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I just wanted to add my prayers for Bounty. This is so heartbreaking for you and your family. It is the worst possible situation to see your beloved grey so ill. My thoughts are with all of you and I wish you peaceful moments and comfort for Bounty in the days ahead. :grouphug

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy