Bounty Boon bladder cancer/prostate cancer

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we are finally home! They didn't do the ultrasound until 7pm and then there was a lot of waiting with him for the doctor to talk to us. It is as expected. He has a mass in his bladder and irregularities in his prostate. We do have a consult set up for Monday with the oncologist. I did get to see the ultrasound and chest films. Ultrasound is kind of hard to understand, unfortunately the chest films are not. What should be clear in his lungs have growths that are so close together is almost looks like a spider web. I am glad I had some time to digest that last night. Today is more about what we can do to keep him comfortable and possibly buy a little time.

The big hurdle is getting him to eat. I have bought a bunch of expensive and cheap canned foods and have several things to cook for him. The doctor feels he can digest and process food but he is just not interested since he feels bad. We are starting him on Reglan to see if that makes his stomach feel better so he might start eating enough to keep him going. He is so exhausted right now that I couldn't get him interested in more than a couple licks but will start Reglan and Pepcid tomorrow with hopefully better results.

Right now...I am just so happy to have him home. Poor thing does have a naked belly from the ultrasound.

Thanks to everyone for thinking of us. I am holding it together right now and trying to focus on what we can do to make what time he has left comfortable.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest darlene

Donna, I'm so very sorry. I'm praying you can keep Bounty pain free, and enjoy your remaining time together. I hate the "C" word! Big hugs for you :grouphug and gentle kisses for your sweet boy. :kiss2

Donna, I just walked in the door and checked this first thing. I've been thinking about you all night.

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

I was checking in for an update before heading to bed myself. I'm so glad Bounty is home with you now Donna. :bighug And from this point on I suppose whatever Bounty wants....Bounty gets. As it should be. :wub: BTW- Scooter says don't forget the ice cream. Ice cream is good. :nod

You two get some rest tonight. :bighug

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

I am glad he is home with you tonight.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

I'm so sorry you are having to face this. I'm glad he's home.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest Kipsmom

I'm so glad he's home with you. Donna I'm so sorry for what y'all are going through. I'm glad you had a little time to digest it so you could go in with a clearer head. You both are in my thoughts and prayers! :grouphug :grouphug

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

I wanted to check for an update before heading to bed. I'm glad that you have your babe home with you. I am so sorry for the unfortunate diagnosis. I know you will do right by your boy, and as Jennifer said, anything goes, ice cream included. Huge huge :grouphug for you and for your Bounty Boon, and of course, my continued :hope :hope :hope Take care and rest well tonight.

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry1

Call me if you feel like talking!!! :grouphug Offer still stands if you want me to come up on Sunday.

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Guest K9_Lady
:grouphug Lots of hugs coming your way for you and sweet Bounty. Have a wonderful day together, you two will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Guest GiJenn51

Donna I'm so glad he is home with you. While not a great prognosis, I'm glad that they're able to present some options to maybe give him some more time with you and the other kids.

Sending you hugs and kisses. :kiss2:bighug

Guest greysonly

Donna just reading this now. OMG I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you and Bounty. I am glad he is home with you now. :grouphug

Keeping you both in my prayers.