Bounty Boon bladder cancer/prostate cancer

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest trevdog

Sending more prayers.

Try some more of the meat baby food heated up just a little if he isn't interested in anything else. It stinks like anything, but he may eat it. That's the only thing I could get Jam to eat on his own. Also some Ensure or ice cream if Bounty shows any interest. Hoping they can give you some options to buy you some time with your sweet boy.

Glad he's home again! I hope you have a nice peaceful weekend together. I keep thinking of you both. :)

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

I"m so sorry to hear of the findings :(

When our Weenie girl was diagnosed with C and she wasn't eating I tried everything under the sun. Manly any thing I was eating she would eat :)

Also did you check with the vet about possible starting Bounty on Pred? It's not a fix it but with Weenie it did help her appetite and also gave her some comfort and relief for another good month.

Many hugs and lots of prayer to you both

:grouphug :grouphug

Well I am a little discouraged about the eating issue already. He ate next to nothing last night...just a few licks of this canned organic stew I found. He vomitted it up at some point this morning and it appeared bloody. They just think his stomach is so torn up and that is what is causing the vomitting. That was after a Reglan injection before we left the hospital. I gave him reglan and pepcid this morning and he did eat a little can of some cheap dog food. But he went out shortly afterwards and had massive diarreha. With his sensitive gut stuff I am not sure how this is going to go.

He was up and down a couple times last night. There is a drug that they would like to try with him to help him with the urgency he is having with the peeing. He is frantic to go out. They want to try him on Piroxicam which would not allow using Pred with him. One non steriodal and one obvious steroid. We are going to wait until Monday to talk to the oncologist about that. As the doctor said, the cancer in his bladder and possibly in his prostate are not what is going to cause him the real problems, that will be his lungs. But the only thing they can treat is the bladder and prostate.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest Winterwish

:grouphug

Donna,how about fish? Do you think Bounty might eat a piece of fish? Maybe the grocery store has a piece of salmon you could pick up and just put in the broiler. And maybe with some rice mixed into his regular food?

Sometimes just adding a bit of cooked liver- you could just put it on a piece of tinfoil and put it on 350 for about 20 minutes,and add that to his food. But that can make ordinary food really enticing.

Also,maybe really small meals at a time might be tolerated a bit better?

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Sounds similar to how Alex was acting after he was diagnosed with lung mets. He got increasingly picky with food and then stopped eating all together. When he rejected canned dog food, I got him to eat cooked chicken. A few days later, he wouldn't eat that.

He did accept some raw hamburger. I was all excited he ate something but the next day he threw it up. I have to tell you that it progressed much faster than I expected.

I'm so sorry to read this, Donna. I hope Bounty gets some relief form his meds, whatever you and the vet decide to use. I know reglan is for the puking. If his stomach is torn up, I wonder why he isn't on anything for that. At one time, Vinnie was on reglan for puking, pepcid for nausea, carafate for bleeding, and something for the big D. It was a carefully orchestrated schedule I had to keep all meds separate, but his stomach did get better (I had to take the cat vet into the carafate. My preferred vets for the greys were busy)

I really hope you both get some relief soon.

Hugs,

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

I'm so very sorry that the news for Bounty is not good. Along with so many others, I hope he can find some relief for his tummy upset so that he can eat, feel better and have good days with those who love him.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

I am so sorry. Hugs to both you and your sweet boy. I can'y think of anything helpful to say at all.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

has he been able to eat anything today?

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

:sad1:grouphug spoil him rotten and love on him

I think you are right. At this point it seems all he wants is me to love on him. I can't ask anything more out of him.

No interest in food tonight. I have tried several different things. He is so tired and I am thinking it is the disease and possibly the Reglan. I might hold off on the Reglan now and see if he perks up at all. Right now he is just content to lay on the couch. He has had a couple visitors today and seemed to enjoy that. But I think he breathing is more labor intensive today than yesterday. The cough just really started a little over a week ago so I am not sure how long he will be comfortable.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest septembercrow

I am so sorry to hear about your grey.

I lost mine a few days ago. What gives me peace in my wounded heart is knowing I spent the last days with her keeping her happy. Dog park for hours a day, steak for dinner, extra coushy bed and hours spent together.

I will be thinking of you and Bounty.

J

:bighug

Sending many many many hugs.

Sometimes I could get B started eating by sharing graham crackers or cinnamon bread with him -- bite for me, bite for you, etc.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.