Bounty Boon bladder cancer/prostate cancer

:grouphug :grouphug

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest trevdog

I'm so sorry...I so know how you are feeling....it's tough and breaks your heart.

Sending many more prayers to the two of you.

I think that is all he is enjoying anymore. All he does is go out pee and wander around the yard for a while. And then we lay on the couch or on his dog bed. I think that he is just tired. I am not sure how much more I should ask of him. It has been a tough day.

Sending hugs for you and gentle snuggles for your boy. My heart goes out to you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I don't know what to say other than you all are on my mind constantly :grouphug

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Well, Bounty had me up at 3AM and breathing seemed to be a bit more labored and his cough a little more persistent. So I make the difficult decision to take him to the ER and let him go. Well I get there and can't get out of the car. He seemed so happy in the car, hanging his head out the window and the coughing wasn't happening. So I turn around to go home and then he pukes a bunch of very ugly stuff. So I turn around and go back to the ER. The ER doc is this young guy and he was so incredibly nice. We talked about quality of life and when he was ready and when I was ready. He thinks Bounty is about there but is not stressed at this point. We talked about not waiting too long and I asked what options we have left for comfort. He offered a drug that they use with chemo patients for the nausea and fluids as he was a bit dehydrated. So we left and are home now. I am going to work from home today and enjoy what we have left. This may be our last day together but I am so happy I brought him home this morning. I think he looked happier in the car with his head hanging out the window than I have seen him for a while. I guess every decision has a purpose.

Edited by greysandmollie

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

:grouphug I know how hard this is.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest trevdog

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Prayers to both of you.....maybe he will feel up to another car ride later to enjoy.

Guest K9_Lady

:grouphug Donna, you will know...

I am so glad you met this this Vet. He sounds very caring and gave you good advice. You will be in my thoughts today. Hugs for Bounty Boon

Still thinking of you and Bounty... I'm glad you're able to stay home with him again today.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

63234b19.gif

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

Oh Donna......I am sorry. May God keep and bless you and Bounty. Love that boy like you never have and many prayers for peaceful moments together and strength to get through it all.

Guest GiJenn51

Donna I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. I AM glad you got another day with your boy though. :bighug:kiss2