I Just Want To Talk About Fudgie

DianeFG

Diane, thank you for sharing Fudgie's stories with us. He was such a character! I've enjoyed reading about him, laughing out loud with a tear in my eye... "giraffe on crack" & "Treat! Cookie!" :lol:cookie

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

diane, those are great stories! i can visualize everything perfectly! we all miss him :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Do you still  have the pics from last year with all the snow?  I loved those...

1615231[/snapback]

This was Fudgie and Goods when I let them out the first time after the Blizzard of 2005. We got something like 38 inches of snow..... Fudgie's expression was just priceless..... it was like he was saying " :huh I know you don't really think I'm pooping out here, do you??? I can't see a tree branch anywhere!!" :lol

3Snow_.jpg

Edited by Diane FG

Diane

4463Fudgie_and_Goods_draft_2_sharpened_small.jpg

Fudgie 2/27/96 - 8/14/05 and Goods 2/27/96 - 3/12/08 ~~Together again~~

:rofl -- the expression on his face!

I'm sitting here giggling, and yet feeling sad as he will be so very much missed. What pleasure he gave his friends.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I've got a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes, but also a sore belly from laughing so hard at Fudgie's antics.

Thanks so much for sharing a little bit of him with us. Hopefully it makes losing him just a little bit easier. Keep remembering those happy stories and eventually that's all you'll remember :)

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

You know Fudgie's penchant for pooping on pine tree branches.... well look at the picture below. To Fudgie's right was our Christmas Tree that I just put up. By the expression on his face, I think he thought he hit paydirt???

"Ohh, thank you Santa!!! I won't have to go out in this cold ever again!!" :P:lol

3pine_tree_in_the_house_.jpg

Diane

:lol

Great picture!

Thanks for sharing your memories. He was obviously a very fine dog :) .

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Dear Diane,

So sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Loved the stories about Fudgie, I can see why you miss him. He was a very special greyhound.

Give Goods some extra loving, as I'm sure he is missing his brother too.

Godspeed Fudgie.

:f_red

Hugs,

Carla

Fudgie loved food, pretty much any kind of food...... except bananas. To Fudgie, a banana was Kyrptonite! He loathed them. Not that I ever teased him, but when he would come charging into the kitchen to see what I was eating, and I would so generously offer him a piece of my banana :P I couldn't help but chuckle at his expression....... <_< I got up for that! He just hated them :lol

But he did love to roll around in the wet grass. After I would shut off the sprinklers, I would put the boys in the yard and Fudgie would drop his shoulder into the grass with his rear end up in the air and just walk/push himself all around the yard like that, rubbing into the grass with such glee :lol He'd be all wet, but so happy........ I actually considered trying it once because he just made it look like so much fun :P

He wasn't in love with our kids, but he did tolerate them past what I would have if I were him. I always tried to be vigilant when the kids were around the dogs. No, the dog's weren't ponies. No, you can't ride him. No, you can't put a dress on him like a baby. No, they are boys and they don't want their nails painted :rolleyes: No, you can't hook your bike up to him like a sled dog. No, Fudgie does not want a headband on him. Poor boys :lol

I once found Taylor, when she was about 2 yo, putting tupperware bowls on Fudgie's head, she was having a little hat party for herself and Fudgie was her model :P He wasn't into the whole party thing like she was :lol but he just sat there, good as gold until I broke it up :)

Fudge and Goods were so great with the IGs. I brought Sassy home 2 years ago now, the boys had the run of the house up until that point. Sassy got an IG friend named Penny, about 6 months later. Those two IGs together didn't weigh more than 25 pounds :lol but they bossed Fudge and Goods around something awful. I would be puttering around the house, and I'd hear one of the boys whinning.... I'd go see what the problem was, and I'd find an IG in the big boys bed :P They didn't dare try to evict the IG, they would just cry until I came and removed the little squatter :P I've watched Penny (who is 8 pounds) steal a great, big bone right out from under Fudgie's nose! She literally dragged it away, and it was almost 3/4 the size of her! Fudgie never made a move to try and defend his bone :lol I had to pry it out of her little fangs and she growled at me like she was going to actually do something bad to me if I didn't back off :lol I just love the spunk that the IGs have :P

The only time the IGs were at a disadvantage was when "Crazy Dog" time happened. You know, when the greys start out with a little bark, then a playbow, then quick little tappy dance kinda thing and their eyes are bugging out and look all crazy like. Then, after about 5 seconds of quiet, as they stand like statues........ all helI breaks loose and they stampede around like two elephants :lol The IGs would scamper for cover then :P Not so stupid those IGs :) "Crazy Dog" time always cracked me up because it would only last for a few minutes, but Fudge and Goods would act like they just ran the Boston Marathon when they were done and fall on the floor exhausted! :rolleyes: Funny, funny boys.

Edited by Diane FG

Diane

:hehe Crazy Dog Time I can only imagine those little IGGY's running for cover :lol :lol

:grouphug:)

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Guest Angie626

I've really enjoyed checking back in for Fudgie stories.... Thanks for sharing. He was a really neat little guy. I can see how much he will be missed.

Really enjoying these stories and pics. Thank you for sharing them.

I hope he didn't back up to the Xmas tree ... but if he did ... well ... you asked for it, didn't you? :lol :lol :lol

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Diane I am rolling on the floor laughing! If you ever need a Fudgie fix, let me send my first greyhound, Future, over to you. From the miscalculated fly bys, to the fridge police, to the tree branch pooping, to the Crazy Dog antics, so much is the same! I am enjoying your wonderful memories along with everyone else here. I hope you are beginning to feel a bit better. Keep the stories coming, they are great! :bighug

Fudgie was never perfectly house-trained. He could go outside and pee, then come in and walk right over and pee on one of the kid's backpacks like he hadn't gotten a potty break in 8 hours :blink:

He had his little world, it consisted of the kitchen and livingroom area. That was where his bed and his food were. That was where the door to the yard was, everything he could ever need and want was in the kitchen/livingroom area..... his comfy bed.... the refridgerator and yard access :lol If something was left in his world that wasn't normally there, then he'd pee on it :huh I became so paraniod of people leaving something in his world and having him mark on it that I would scan his world everytime I walked in there :unsure Every now and then I'd make the fatal mistake of leaving my Dyson sitting in the middle of the livingroom because the phone rang or something distracted me....... sure enough, he would go water it. I tried putting a really nice palm tree in his world....... pee on it. I tried putting a globe bar in his world.... peed on it so many times that map that was glued on the globe warped and I had to throw it out (I kept trying to clean it... I should have just moved it out of his world, but it looked so nice in there :( ) A pair of sneakers, a purse, a coat, a backpack..... all peed on.

I hate to be evil, but after 3,509 times of telling a kid to pick up their sneakers because Fudgie WILL pee in it, and having them ignore me.... I did get some perverse pleasure from seeing their horror when they'd pick up the sneakers to put it on and pee would pour out of it :evil:ph34r

BUT, if all things stayed as they should be in his world, he was perfectly housetrained :) So, who was the owner and who was the pet here :lol I would run around making sure Fudgie's world was in order so he wasn't disturbed :lol:rolleyes: I miss him :wub:

Diane