I Just Want To Talk About Fudgie

DianeFG

Guest MomofCash

I have just read this entire thread and have gone from crying to laughing and giggling. Your stories are priceless and you should always cherish them and your memories. I can't thank you enough for sharing your world with us ... I am so very sorry for your loss. Godspeed sweet one ... the angels will take good care of you.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried putting a globe bar in his world.... peed on it so many times that map that was glued on the globe warped and I had to throw it out (I kept trying to clean it... I should have just moved it out of his world, but it looked so nice in there :(  )  A pair of sneakers, a purse, a coat, a backpack..... all peed on. 

I hate to be evil, but after 3,509 times of telling a kid to pick up their sneakers because Fudgie WILL pee in it, and having them ignore me.... I did get some perverse pleasure from seeing their horror when they'd pick up the sneakers to put it on and pee would pour out of it  :evil  :ph34r   

BUT, if all things stayed as they should be in his world, he was perfectly housetrained :)  So, who was the owner and who was the pet here :lol  I would run around making sure Fudgie's world was in order so he wasn't disturbed :lol  :rolleyes:   I miss him :wub:

1618411[/snapback]

OMG...I am chuckling so loudly!! I hope they don't drag me upstairs (the locked ward). :lol:lol:lol:lol Thanks for sharing these wonderful tributes...and seeing beyond the annoyances to the blessings that were there.

Edited by ZGrrl

Guest mleg2001

Diane, I love the stories, and I hope your telling of your adventures with Fudgie helps to heal your heart. Well without a doubt Sunny is definitely related to Fudgie, must be a Dutch thing :lol , I have had the joys of trying to clean up poop off shrubs and also have experienced the staring at the clouds, the tongue in my dinner plate, the toy craze and even the rambunctious greeting at the kennel, so I understand just what makes Fudgie so special to you, and if he is anything like the mighty hunter Sunny is, there is going to be a few funny tales to be told yet.

Oh what a boy. How lucky were you! and how clever was the kennel guy. I think Celebrating Greyhounds magazine needs you stories! Grey lovers everywhere would love to hear Fudgie stories!!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

I've been watching, and I see Fudgie's original thread is last on this page.... I've been dreading that :(

I have only written funny and silly stories about Fudgie... I can't bring myself to write about the many sweet stories because I still cry too much.

Someday soon I will tell all his sweet stories, because there was much more to him than his goofiness. He really knew how to give a wonderful hug back, I truly felt like I was getting hugged by him :)

I don't want to cry tonight. I'm too tired.

I think of you often Fudgie, and when I went to look for Avery tonight I took your leash and collar hoping you'd help me find him. It felt good holding you collar and leash... I liked seeing it my hands again, I didn't think I ever would be holding that while I walked through the woods again. I know you were right there next to me as we walked through the rain in the quiet. I felt you there. I miss you Fudgie, I hope you know that.....

Diane

4463Fudgie_and_Goods_draft_2_sharpened_small.jpg

Fudgie 2/27/96 - 8/14/05 and Goods 2/27/96 - 3/12/08 ~~Together again~~

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Someday you'll be able to talk about him without feeling like your chest will cave in.

Someday both of us wont look for the threads we wrote about our beloved boys to see if someone new read their story... (it's been 8 months... still find myself looking)

And I'm hoping a day will come when I can mention my boys name around my friends and family without them lowering their gaze the the floor and clamming up. -- But I'm confident it will happen.

I'm always here for you Diane if you want to talk.... I can't promise I wont cry with you... :sad1 But I promise to listen!

:grouphug

Guest jettcricket
I think of you often Fudgie, and when I went to look for Avery tonight I took your leash and collar hoping you'd help me find him.  It felt good holding you collar and leash... I liked seeing it my hands again, I didn't think I ever would be holding that while I walked through the woods again.  I know you were right there next to me as we walked through the rain in the quiet.  I felt you there.  I miss you Fudgie, I hope you know that.....

1628506[/snapback]

.....My heart is hurting with you...I so feel your pain. What a lucky boy Fudgie was to have such a loving Momma....and, yes, he knows how much you miss him. But you know they never really leave us. We just have to hold on to that.... : :beatheart

Oh Diane, this is the most wonderful Tribute to Fudgie. You loved him very much, even with his silly, quirky ways.

:grouphug

Fudgie is certainly remembered well! :)

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

• 2 weeks later...

My younger sister was just here doing some laundry, so I was reading her your stories. We enjoyed them very much. And the pictures...

You should print all this out for a memory box.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

How fun to read that! Thank you for sharing your special memories!

I'm glad you had such a wonderful dog in your life.

I know it is never long enough, but gosh imagine if you'd never had

Fudgie at all, the fun you would have missed.

Wishing you peace.

:bighug

Guest vwagner1

Diane, I just love hearing your stories! I still cannot think of my Kimmie without a tear. I know one day I will be able to but I am suck in this sort of funk that just won't go away. Fudgie sounds like such a funny guy! You were so lucky to have each other.