I Just Want To Talk About Fudgie

DianeFG

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fawn_Molly

I love the story of how your first meeting Fudgie and Goods. Little fawn girl? Hah! I can see how you ended up taking the two of them though - what a gorgeous and striking duo. And you know what? The guy at the kennels really did you a big favour, didn't he? I'm so glad he kept them together as a pair for you to love.

Your photos are lovely and please post your memories as they occur to you. I'm enjoying reading this celebration of life. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

I will be letting my two young daughters read this thread as, as already mentioned, you have a lovely way with words and they love to read greyhound stories. :)

Such great stories!!! I was smiling and giggling thinking of sweet Fudgie and all his goofy antics. One thing that helped me was to take a notebook and just write down random memories, anything you can think of. It's the little goofy things that will make you smile down the road and this way you won't ever forget.

Guest MySkye

What a handsome, goofy (giraffe on crack, I mean gurl, you need to start writing more stories you have TALENT) wonderful pupper! :P:P:P

What is it about the DH that need to take pictures of us in bed with our dogs???? I have a few of those as well, but it will take an act of Congress to place those on the website! :blush:blush

Greyt momma telling greyt stories!

I love the ROO face, you always know when it is coming!

More to follow I do hope!

:f_white

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes
He rooed like nobody's business.  If I started he would chime right in!!  ......... I'm really missing that. 
1614885[/snapback]

Diane, The story of you meeting Fudgie and Goods just made me laugh and cry at the same time. Thanks for sharing your stories.

Gus just wants you to know that you can borrow him any time you need to, and he'll join you in a roooo.

:grouphug

Fudgie liked to poop on tree branches.... I don't know why, but who am I to question something that made him quite obviously so very happy. He'd back up like an 18 wheeler, until I'm sure he was getting stabbed in the hiney by pine needles, then he'd poop :huh and go hopping off...... he was so different from his brother. Goods is very reserved and Fudgie was just a plain goof. Goods wouldn't be caught dead pooping on a tree branch :lol

The picture of the tennis court back a few posts ago, we use to go there a lot before fencing in the yard, I'd pack a water bowl, a big jug of cold water, toys, treats, their coats, poopie bags...... we get into the court, which was always a production because I'm paranoid of possible escape routes. I get them in there and satisfy myself that all is fine. Right next to the tennis court is a full basketball court... with probably 30 kids playing and hanging around. They are watching me and ooohhing and aahhhing over the dogs. I'm feeling pretty proud :) I put my windbreaker (coat) on the ground and start setting up their water bowl, getting all their stuff organized..... I hear the kids laughing.... there is Fudgie peeing on my coat :blink: Akk!! I pick the coat up and the pee rolls off :( I wash it down with water from the water bottle. Now Fudgie is pooping.... and pooping... and pooping so more! The kids are all yelling "Ewwww!!! Gross!!! She's touching it!!!" Well, what the heck was I supposed to do?? I used a poopie bag :dunno Fudgie pooped like he hadn't pooped in 5 days.... I was so embarrased. I went home and told DH we need a fence <_<

I have never, ever, ever been able to open the refridgerator without him knowing. He'd be sound asleep on his bed, and I'd try and peel the fridge door open so quietly, as if I were trying to dismantle a bomb, and it would make a little, tiny suction sound... pssttt.... and Fudgie would be struggling to get up as quickly as possible so he didn't miss a possible treat prospect :) Bread was another problem. I've never made a sandwich without his nose about 2 inches away from the counter........ just incase :D

When we first got Fudge and Goods, again we hadn't yet fenced in the yard, I'd have to take them out on a leash to potty.... no problem. Well, one night Fudgie wanted out. It was dark, it was cold.... I was in my feetie pajamas :blush yes, I own feetie pajamas. I snapped his leash on, slipped on my DH's sneakers *because I was only going to be a minute* :rolleyes: and off we went. I hadn't fastened his leash properly and the little springy thing on the latch popped. He was off to the races.... up the driveway and off to the right. :o I went running after him!! Big ole sneakers flopping! And just for your visual pleasure, my feetie pajamas had clouds and moons and stars and sheep on them :blush

I went through a few of the neighbors yards in hot pursuit, yelling "Treat!" "Cookie!" He wasn't coming back :( He stopped to pee and I grabbed him by the collar. Whewww!!

Back to the house, everything is fine except I've aged 10 years in 10 minutes. I figure nobody has to know. He's safe.... so DH and kids don't need to know anything, especially because I harrass them about making sure they are taking all safety precautions. Well, the next day, DH comes in the house from work howling laughing...... he just talked to the lady across the street, apparently she heard someone yelling "Cookie!" in the middle of the night, she went to her window and taa daa!!! There I was, in all my glory. Her and her DH Dave had a midnight show for themselves. I was apparently a wonderful source of entertainment, and my outfit wasn't lost on them either because before I took Fudgie out, I had conveniently put on our flood lights so I could see :rolleyes:

I am thankful they moved 2 years ago........ I didn't want to hear about that story anymore. It always came up at cookouts and pool parties.

Fudgie was just silly, and I loved that :) He'd sleep with his tongue hanging on the floor and one eye would pop open when you walked by :) He was my big, silly boy...... He's provided me with so many funny memories...... some are coming back to me as I sit and think :)

I truly appreciate you all telling me how much you enjoy hearing about him. I wasn't able to talk much about losing him, but I feel so much better remembering all these funny things now :) Thanks

Diane

4463Fudgie_and_Goods_draft_2_sharpened_small.jpg

Fudgie 2/27/96 - 8/14/05 and Goods 2/27/96 - 3/12/08 ~~Together again~~

What a sweet and silly boy. Your memories made me laugh and cry all at once. :grouphug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest GiJenn51

Diane-

I want to thank you for sharing Fudgie. It's been a long time I've laughed so hard I cried then my tears turned real because of your loss. I feel so special that you have shared Fudgie with me and the others here.

Do you still have the pics from last year with all the snow? I loved those...

I truly enjoy the Fudgie stories. As long as you want to share, I will feel privileged to read them. Thank you & a big thanks to Fudgie for creating a sharing your memories. :)

edited for spelling

Edited by Lala

What a beautiful and special sweetheart...thank you for sharing. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I loved reading your stories. Please don't hesitate to share more if more come to you.

What a pup, and what a family his trainer weaseled him into :lol !

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Meredith

Diane, those stories are just great. I do hope you capture them in a notebook or scrapbook with journaling so that you have them in later years, when the memories aren't so fresh anymore. I just laughed out loud at the thought of you running through the brightly lit yard in your feetie pjs yelling "cookie!" while your neighbors watched the show. I'm sure Fudgie enjoyed every minute of his excursion!

Guest Mommydog

Tears in my eyes as I read your stories, reminds me of my bridge boy Raffie. They leave you with wealth of memories don't they, some good, some bad and some downright scary, but you'd never be without them. :grouphug

Guest MeandRory

What wonderful stories about Fudgie. He has a very expressive face - like he is always ready to cause a rucus. Thanks for sharing. I can see why you miss him so much. I was crying my eyes out about Bomber, but I could not help but laugh when I read about Fudgie.

What great Fudgie & Goods and the adventures of Diane stories :lol :lol

He is so beautiful in his pictures and in each of your stories, it reminds me of things Major and Black Jack have done :rolleyes: (pooping on the tree limbs/bushes, flyby's, refridgerator ears... ) :lol :lol They are amazing creatures aren't they? :)

Thank you so much for sharing your stories and pictures... feel free to post them ANYTIME!!!!

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Diane, thank you so much for sharing the stories of Fudgie. We share your grief, and we can also share your laughter at your goofy boy. Goods must miss him a lot too. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg