Signature Guidelines

Guest Kryspen

Here goes for another silly question.

Where/how can I create a banner image to go in my signature, please?

And remember - I have the advantage of using a Mac :nod

David

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 year later...

Greytalk%20dog%20collage%20-%20original.

I'd like to use the above for my signature but I know it's too big. I'm hoping I don't have to read through all 18 pages to figure out how to make it smaller. I read the first post in this thread, but it doesn't tell me how to do that.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

this online editor works well https://pixlr.com/editor/

Thanks. Ok, I got it down to 500 X 150 but the size is too big at 20 KB. I can't seem to figure out how to get it down to 15 or less. There doesn't seem to be anything to reduce that down.Greytalk%20dog%20collage%20-%20Rev1.jpg

Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie

Ok, cool....thanks! I changed the file size to 13.9 but I don't know how that transfers here because of Photobucket....will this image now work for GT?

Greytalk%20dog%20collage%20-%20Rev2.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Hey!

I'm having trouble adding a new "hyperlink" for my newest adoptee Felicity to my signature. I don't have an editing icon that says "hyperlink" in my editing box, or in the BB code drop down menu, only one for "link" and that does not allow for adding a word to replace the URL. I even tried copying the text from "inspecting the elements" of the other hyperlinks and replacing it with new info and that didn't work either.

What am I doing wrong? :dunno

Her GD URL

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=2258425

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

WooHoo! :yay That worked! :yay

But does that mean *you* can't see any of the linked pages in my signature?? GD requires a login to use the site now, so are they blocked for non-users? If so I might just do away with that part of my signature since it uses up the line limit.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I can see the pages at the bottom of your signature image, the URLs have names in them rather than just numbers. The top 2 link, I can not view.

You can probably play around with the URLs looking at the bottom ones, and make the top ones similar and work without a login.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

• 11 months later...

I keep getting an error when I upload a signature that says it exceeds the size. I have uploaded several smaller than 500 x 150 and received the same message. Then I had one made for me and it is 500 x 150 and I am getting the same error.

43337127562_908f9a01e0.jpg

because physical size and data size are only loosely related. The image you have above is physically the correct max size, but the file/data size is 22.7k, just need to compress it a bit more.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

• 5 months later...

Thank-you, Jeff, for helping me with my signature! You saved me a lot of time and frustration---you are awesome!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown