Signature Guidelines

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have not made one before, but there are online photo editing websites (read: free) that you could use. One I have used is picnik.com . It's very user friendly and has lots of fun fonts, etc. The only problem with it is that you can't upload & edit multiple pictures at once. If you are just using one picture, you can crop it to the correct size and upload & edit.

If you want something fancier than that, I know there are plenty of people on GT who are good at making signatures and would be able to create one for you. I think a lot of them just ask for a donation to a greyhound organization in return.

Hope that helps!

Nope. You can use whatever you want to make your signature.

I have not made one before, but there are online photo editing websites (read: free) that you could use. One I have used is picnik.com . It's very user friendly and has lots of fun fonts, etc. The only problem with it is that you can't upload & edit multiple pictures at once. If you are just using one picture, you can crop it to the correct size and upload & edit.

If you want something fancier than that, I know there are plenty of people on GT who are good at making signatures and would be able to create one for you. I think a lot of them just ask for a donation to a greyhound organization in return.

Hope that helps!

Thank you, I would just love to have them.

I remember a while back that someone gave step by step instructions (with cut and paste instructions) on how to make a siggie. I have searched and searched the forum and cannot find it anywhere. Could you help me wiht that. They were awesome instructions. But I thought I remembered that he mentioned that one must have adobe or something. But just above, someone stated that I dont need anything installed - just make the siggie.

I would appreciate if you could help me with finding this post. Thank you!

I remember a while back that someone gave step by step instructions (with cut and paste instructions) on how to make a siggie. I have searched and searched the forum and cannot find it anywhere. Could you help me wiht that. They were awesome instructions. But I thought I remembered that he mentioned that one must have adobe or something. But just above, someone stated that I dont need anything installed - just make the siggie.

How To Make A Signature Using Photoshop

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

How To Make A Signature Using Photoshop

Thank you for that. Yes, that one is the one where I saw Photoshop involvement.

• 4 weeks later...

The file size was probably too large, if so, why were you out of compliance for at least 2 years?

I dont know. I had another greytalker make the siggy for me and I know its been over two years ago, because chip and wendel have been gone to the rainbow bridge that long ago. and Gracie has been gone over a year.

and when I see others, mine didnt seem that big.

In loving Memory of: 

Chip, Wendell, Tessa, Moose, Moody, Noble Storm, Thunder, Gracie, Duke

and when I see others, mine didnt seem that big.

File size and image size are two different things. You don't visually see the file size. So while it didn't seem that big as compared to others, doesn't mean the file size wasn't too big.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest SugarFire

Hi there! I'd like to add a signature since I can't change my profile pic till I reach 50 posts but unsure how. I have a pic that meets the criteria and when I enter the url in the signature edit area it comes out as a red "x".

Help please

Tried to do it here but it gave me this error:

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

this is the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/98881773@N04/9684842025/

you are trying to link to the page that holds the image, not the actual image itself.

what you need should look like this without any spaces:

[ img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7326/9684842025_e6a8ccddde_m.jpg[/ img]
9684842025_e6a8ccddde_m.jpg

large.greyhound_signature.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

all of a sudden the picture in my signature is gone and it says it's not following the guidelines? I've been using that same one for months now, nothing's changed?

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

hmmm. Well I know when I changed it a while back, I had to keep resizing it to get it to be accepted when I was uploading it, and I'm pretty sure it was 15k or less. It's on my personal pc and not this one (work pc) so I'll have to check it later. Weird!

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway