Osteo Thread Part 10

:confetti  :confetti  :confetti  :confetti  :confetti  

I just saw your post on FB and had to stop here first!!!  

• Like 1

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

YES!!!!!!!

:confetti

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

Amelia had her 6th and final chemo treatment today!

She is good. Wiped out, but good.
Hopefully she will bounce back in the next day or 2.

• Like 3

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

Gooooooooo Willa!  :confetti 

Goooooooo Amelia!  :confetti 

• Like 2

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

1 hour ago, 2greyhoundMINI said:

Amelia had her 6th and final chemo treatment today!

She is good. Wiped out, but good.
Hopefully she will bounce back in the next day or 2.

Cheeseburgers to celebrate! :confetti 

• Like 1

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds
 Sweep and Willa:heart

:confetti Yay!!!

• Like 1

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I want to throw her a party with all her favorite people!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Willa has been ouchie, and I'm a worried momma. She's always had a weird gait, with her back right leg (same side as her amp) kind of skipping, but it's gotten more pronounced recently. That's why I asked the vet to x-ray all her legs last week. He didn't even see arthritis, except maybe a tiny bit of calcification on the remaining front leg. She seems stiff in the back and has been more vocal (whiny, which I'd dismissed as boredom but now I wonder), particularly when she's circling before laying down. She injured her sartorius (whip muscle) on that side at the track, and the PT suspected she probably injured her iliopsoas at the same time, so I am thinking all these months of compensating and being a total nut are catching up to her. I've also noticed some spasming/twitching in her hamstrings. She also isn't being walked much between the heat and Doolin's not wanting to walk in our neighborhood. She doesn't seem to have any trouble assuming the position for #1 or #2.

I can't get a pain reaction from her anywhere I massage or gently squeeze; she actually starts dozing off. She had her first at-home acupuncture session yesterday and she definitely noticed the needles in her back, but she was a good girl. We're also doing myofascial release and massage for her.

I've had her on Previcox for a few days and I think it's helping a little, but I'd hoped to see more improvement. I emailed the oncologist today to ask about a muscle relaxer and/or more films and am waiting to hear back. I know the odds are soft tissue strain, but you know where your mind always goes. Talk me off this cliff, please. :unsure 

Edited by ramonaghan

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds

Oh sweetie…

I get it 100000%!

Keep calm and positive vibes are being sent :grouphug

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, 2greyhoundMINI said:

Oh sweetie…

I get it 100000%!

Keep calm and positive vibes are being sent :grouphug

Much appreciated—and I know you totally get it. I hate the roller coaster!

Edited by ramonaghan
  • Like 1

It's the muscles. Nothing to see here. It's previously strained muscles working overtime is all. Nothing to see here. You're doing great with the Previcox and starting A/P for her. Nothing to see here.

:grouphug

• Like 1

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Willa is a lucky, lucky girl to have humans who are so proactive about her health and comfort.  :grouphug 

Would a funny story help get you at least a few steps down the cliff?  My first grey, Eve, was obsessively food motivated.  In her later years, she got regularly scheduled accupuncture to help with back problems, and it did seem to make things better.   But every single session, when every single needle was unwrapped from its plastic, she had to check said wrapper for possible food content.  So much for lying there relaxed.  

• Haha 1

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

5 minutes ago, EllenEveBaz said:

Willa is a lucky, lucky girl to have humans who are so proactive about her health and comfort.  :grouphug 

Would a funny story help get you at least a few steps down the cliff?  My first grey, Eve, was obsessively food motivated.  In her later years, she got regularly scheduled accupuncture to help with back problems, and it did seem to make things better.   But every single session, when every single needle was unwrapped from its plastic, she had to check said wrapper for possible food content.  So much for lying there relaxed.  

Thank you. Willa must be related to Eve—she squeezed herself between the coffee table and the couch yesterday to pursue my string cheese wrapper.

• Like 3

Well, friends, we won the crap lottery again. Willa developed a swelling over her right hip this weekend and we got her in this morning for x-rays. It's a soft tissue mass by her pelvic wing—unclear whether it's metastasis or a new primary tumor—but the treatment plan is the same and the prognosis equally dire. There's no bony involvement yet, so fortunately there's a very low risk of fracture, but she's getting a Zoledronate injection to stave that off and hopefully provide some more pain relief. We'll increase her Gabapentin and keep up the Previcox. We probably only have a couple of months left. :brokenheart 

• Sad 6

Oh I am so sorry :brokenheart

Sounding love and positivity to you and sweet Willa.

• Like 1

I always am devastated hearing news from my fellow grey parents…

But this one hits so close to home. 

• Like 1

Willa 😢 Journey and I are sorry that you are dealing with this.  Journey sends kisses and leans your way.  Moma sends prayers and good thoughts.  Your have a great mom and she will take the best care of you.  Extra love, snuggles and special treats every day is precious, just stinks when we know how much more precious they are.

• Like 1

Thank you, everyone. She is home and in good spirits. She's still full of her Willa-ness, and the moment she isn't we'll say goodbye.

41 minutes ago, 2greyhoundMINI said:

I always am devastated hearing news from my fellow grey parents…

But this one hits so close to home. 

I know, our girls are the dynamic duo. Keep fighting, Amelia!

• Like 1

:(   So sorry to hear his news.  I know you'll do whatever is best for your girlie  :hope

• Like 1

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg