First scream of death experience!

Our little Rocket who has decided to start sleeping on the couch for a few nights instead of his bed, made his first scream of death since we had him! He did stuck his leg in between the 2 couch covers and couldn't get out of it (he is already liberated in the picture) and this while sleeping.

Let's just say that in the middle of the night while you are sleeping there is nothing more terrifying that this :blink:

Capture.JPG

Poor baby Rocket!  His legs were attacked by a scary monster in the dark!  The only good thing about the Greyhound Scream of Death (GSOD) is that it usually signals nothing major. When it is something serious, the hounds go all stoic.   But it's hard to think of that in the immediate aftermath of the shock on your eardrums and heart rate. 

My favorite GSOD story is of when about a dozen hounds were running and playing in a big field next to our adoption kennel.  Suddenly, a dog pulled up short, screamed, and held up a front paw.  Humans ran to her from all corners of the field, convinced it was a broken leg at the least.

No, the little girl had stepped on a slug and it had gotten wedged between her paw pads.  She wanted the whole world to know just exactly how DISGUSTING that felt.    

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

35 minutes ago, EllenEveBaz said:

Poor baby Rocket!  His legs were attacked by a scary monster in the dark!  The only good thing about the Greyhound Scream of Death (GSOD) is that it usually signals nothing major. When it is something serious, the hounds go all stoic.   But it's hard to think of that in the immediate aftermath of the shock on your eardrums and heart rate. 

My favorite GSOD story is of when about a dozen hounds were running and playing in a big field next to our adoption kennel.  Suddenly, a dog pulled up short, screamed, and held up a front paw.  Humans ran to her from all corners of the field, convinced it was a broken leg at the least.

No, the little girl had stepped on a slug and it had gotten wedged between her paw pads.  She wanted the whole world to know just exactly how DISGUSTING that felt.    

:rotfl

1 hour ago, EllenEveBaz said:

The only good thing about the Greyhound Scream of Death (GSOD) is that it usually signals nothing major. When it is something serious, the hounds go all stoic.

So very true :drama When Journey first arrived she did GSOD if I looked at her toes or went to touch them.  Years later not a peep when she broke her toe right before her nail twice.  Silly girl all that drama to see if she can get her way.

1 hour ago, EllenEveBaz said:

:lol

It's very hard especially waking up in the middle of the night! 

To be fair to her, I am sure it was a disgusting sensation :rofl

17 minutes ago, 1Moregrey said:

So very true :drama When Journey first arrived she did GSOD if I looked at her toes or went to touch them.  Years later not a peep when she broke her toe right before her nail twice.  Silly girl all that drama to see if she can get her way.

They are such drama queen/king :) 

I suppose we will have to get used to it as it's really scary to hear at first! I think I never run out of bed so fast!

5 hours ago, Greysfriend said:

They are such drama queen/king :) 

I suppose we will have to get used to it as it's really scary to hear at first! I think I never run out of bed so fast!

Wait until the middle of the night when you hear the beginning of an upchuck :rofl

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

3 minutes ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Wait until the middle of the night when you hear the beginning of an upchuck :rofl

Yes! This is what I was coming here to say.  Not on the carpet! Not on the carpet! :lol:

Both situations made all the more traumatic when you can't see and waste precious seconds deciding if you want to put your glasses on or not.

And I too would scream if I had a slug stuck between my toes.

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Colin screamed the vet office down with what everyone thought was a slipped disc in his neck because he couldn't move his head or neck anymore.... Nope, just a little inflammation in his throat. Didn't even need antibiotics, just honey, joghurt and a snood... :rolleyes: