Feed Milo

GT oldsters will remember the hilarious thread series about a greyhound named Bill, who got extremely picky about eating in his later years.  His humans had a restaurant and brought home delicious leftovers for him every night, which he rejected outright or carefully picked through to eat just a few lucky items.  Under particular suspicion was dark meat from chicken, because it might be from a left leg, which everybody knows is toxic to dogs.

Milo's appetite has been slowly coming back, but he still has at least one supper a week that reminds me of Bill.  So in tribute to that classic tale, may we present:  "Feed Milo"

ME:  Milo, are you hungry?

MILO:  I could eat.  But what's that disgusting smell?

ME:  Fish catfood mixed into chicken kibble.  You love it.

MILO:  I don't even want to get near the bowl.  The smell might knock me over.

GELSEY:  I'll eat it!  I'll eat it!  I'll eat it!  I'll eat it!  I'll eat it!  I'll eat it!  I'll eat it!  I'll eat it!

ME:  Gelsey, get out of the kitchen.  Milo, sweetie, let me smear a little on your nose...

MILO:  Gaaaaak!  Gross!  I'm gonna hurl!  [heads toward the back door]

GELSEY:  I'll eat it!  I'll eat it!  I'll eat it!  I'll eat it!  I'll eat it!  I'll eat it!  I'll eat it!  I'll eat it!  I'll eat it!  I'll eat it!

ME:  Milo, what if I put some cheese on it?

[Milo stops, back to me, as I tear a slice of processed cheese into tiny pieces and drop them on top of the food.]

ME:  Milo ...  

MILO:  [in between gulps] I can't believe you expected me to eat that crap.

GELSEY:  I'll eat it!  I'll eat it! I'll eat it!  I'll eat it! I'll eat it!  I'll eat it! I'll eat it!  I'll eat it! I'll eat it!  I'll eat it! 

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Oh, goodness Milo! :rofl You sound like my senior cat, he stopped eating his prescription diet, so we went to Fancy Feast. I've had to go to stinkier and stinkier Feasts, now he is getting Chicken Hearts & Liver Feast.

Cheap Shakey Cheese, maybe? Heat it in the microwave (STINKYYYYY)? 

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

We loved Bill. 

I think we may have the same thing with Mark eventually. He ignores me when I feed the others and will only eat for Chris. I can get him to eat if I add some wet food to his meal, but I have to let him taste the food in the can first. He will run right to food bowl for his Mom, but not me. It's all about the game...:lol

Milo is just waiting to see if there's a better offer, like Mark. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

MILO:  I don't even want to get near the bowl.  The smell might knock me over.

GELSEY:  I'll eat it!  I'll eat it!  I'll eat it!  I'll eat it!  I'll eat it!  I'll eat it!  I'll eat it!  I'll eat it!

Who could forget Bill! Milo and Gelsey are apparently familiar with the stories :rofl

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

You're a good momma to Milo! 

But seriously, why are so many greyhounds like this? Are other breeds of dogs this picky? All of my friends just dump dry kibble in their dogs' bowls, no issues. Wiki ate kibble greedily for about 18 months then one day was "nah, what else you got?" To a point of going days without eating more than a couple bites until I found the right combination.

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

I have been cooking ground turkey for Logan in the mornings for ages, but it has been hard to find lately, I guess due to supply chain issues. So a couple weeks ago I picked up one of those precooked rotisserie chickens they have at the grocery store. Logan *loved* it, so now I am adding that to his food. It's fast and actually not that expensive since I only put a small handful of the meat on his kibble, then add warm water to create instant rotisserie gravy. The chicken lasts the better part of a week in the refrigerator. I suppose it is not the healthiest additive, but he *really* does love it, and as he is closing in on 13 yo I figure whatever makes him happy :-)

Rob
Logan (April 7, 2010 - July 9, 2023) - LoganMaxicon15K.jpg - Max (August 4, 2004 - January 11, 2018)