Happy Gotcha Day Buddy!

Buddy has been with us for two years today! I can’t believe how quickly that time has passed. In the two years that we have had the honour of sharing our lives, he has much improved with other dogs and we have met lots of nice people in our area because they want to stop and stroke his lovely soft head. 
We didn’t celebrate properly last year as I didn’t realise there was such a thing as a Gotcha Day but now we do know, we are celebrating in style! Buddy enjoyed his carrot and apple pupcake this morning (and this evening) and we are going to spend the evening doing Big spoon, Little spoon with belly rubs.

Some pictures below from the last two years (apologies for the Instagram heading but I can’t always work out how to just post the picture! I’m a complete Luddite, and I only joined Instagram so I could post pictures on this forum - but look - I got another follower in between posting these pictures!)

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

Happy Gotcha Day, Buddy!  You are one handsome dude! 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Happy Gotcha Day Buddy.

I'm in Grace's bad books. I forgot it was her second Gotcha Day on Wednesday last week :(

Going to make up for it tomorrow though when it's her sixth birthday :D

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

Happy 2nd Gotcha Day Buddy. You look like one lucky boy!

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and wishes! After the excitement of yesterday (plus another pupcake and bonus frosting) Buddy is exhausted and trying to ignore the thunderstorm going on around us. Bloody weather!

Belated happy Gotcha Day, Buddy.  Love your pics, especially the cuddles and roach-from-reverse ones.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

We too are late to your party, Buddy, happy belated Gotcha Day!  :confetti Doin it rite!

Would your mom share the recipe for those cupcakes? And knot to worry, paper is good fiber :lol:

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

17 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

We too are late to your party, Buddy, happy belated Gotcha Day!  :confetti Doin it rite!

Would your mom share the recipe for those cupcakes? And knot to worry, paper is good fiber :lol:

Certainly!

Carrot and apple pupcakes with cream cheese frosting:

Cakes:

200g/7oz buckwheat or brown rice flour 

130g/4 3/4 oz grated carrot

75g/ 2 3/4 oz rolled oats

(optional: 1tbsp ground flaxseeds, 1tsp ground cinnamon)

200g/7oz plain live yogurt

150g/5 1/2 oz unsweetened apple sauce (I used stewed Bramley apples from Granny Janny and Grandpapa John’s apple tree)

3 eggs, lightly beaten (I used large as the recipe doesn’t specify)

for the frosting:

150g/ 5 1/2oz cream cheese

90g/ 3 1/4oz unsweetened apple sauce

decorate with flaxseeds, slices of dehydrated apple or carrots or finely chopped fresh rosemary

oven should be 180C/160C fan oven/ gas mark 4. Recipe suggests to use a 24 hole mini muffin tin but there was too much mixture, so I used a 12 hole mini muffin tin and a tin with fairy cake cases. These are sized somewhere between a mini muffin and a cupcake.

in one bowl, mix the dry ingredients including the cinnamon and flaxseeds if using.

in a jug, mix the wet ingredients 

gently and thoroughly mix the wet into the dry ingredients. Spoon into prepared tins (lightly oiled) and bake for 15minutes. (Toothpick or skewer should come out clean). Cool completely.

beat/blend the frosting ingredients together depending how smooth you want it and smooth over the cool cakes. Decorate if you like, and these can be frozen for up to four months.

The recipe is from a book called ‘Dogs’ Dinners’ by Debora Robertson and since this was so easy, I am going to be making some more (beef and potato muffins, a birthday cake, doggy breath bones) and I’ll let you know how they go and share those recipes if you would like them. Happy baking!

17 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

Belated happy Gotcha Day, Buddy.  Love your pics, especially the cuddles and roach-from-reverse ones.  

I think the cuddle picture in his elf coat might be my favourite! He approached me slowly and just keeping inching into me and eventually he was nuzzling into the crook of my neck. He’s a big cuddleslut anyway but this was the first, and so far only, time he has done this. I might have to start smearing my neck in peanut butter...

3 hours ago, MerseyGrey said:

Certainly!

Carrot and apple pupcakes with cream cheese frosting:

The recipe is from a book called ‘Dogs’ Dinners’ by Debora Robertson and since this was so easy, I am going to be making some more (beef and potato muffins, a birthday cake, doggy breath bones) and I’ll let you know how they go and share those recipes if you would like them. Happy baking!

These look great! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

You said Cuddleslut :lol That should be a bumper sticker, or at least a fridge magnet:  Buddy is a Cuddleslut   :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

2 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

These look great! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

You said Cuddleslut :lol That should be a bumper sticker, or at least a fridge magnet:  Buddy is a Cuddleslut   :lol

Hahaha I will have to see if I can find a company who does customised bumper stickers, I’m sure there’ll be one on Etsy