Do They Sleep This Much?

Yes, it is pretty normal :) I tell people my greys sleep more than my cats do, although really they are about the same, and like cats, a lot of their daytime sleep is more like dozing, a light semi-sleep. They will perk right up if a walk or a treat is offered :lol

As long as she is alert and active when she is awake, she is just doing the 45 mph couch potato thing.

Yup...sounds like she's happy and calm!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

If you take her out for a long event, she'll stay awake. When you get back home, she'll sleep deeply for hours.

We do a meet and greet every Saturday morning from about 8am to noon. We're usually back home by 12:30, and both dogs are asleep by 12:32. (Since I get up earlier on Saturday than any other day of the week, I'm asleep by 12:45.) We wake up about 5pm, the dogs get walked and have dinner, and we're asleep again by 6 or so.

Some Saturdays, we might have a second event, and the dogs are fine for it. The girl (she's 9) will sleep in the car between events, but the boy is wide awake. And if the girl is really tired at a meet and greet, she'll go to the back of the booth, turn her back on everyone, and go to sleep--waking up if anyone comes to pet her.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Oh yeah, ours is 6 years old and sleeps about 20-ish hours a day. Sometimes she'll hang out with my husband in the office while he's working or maybe spend 5-10 minutes playing with a toy, but even that will bore her fairly quickly and she'll make her way back to her bed or the couch. She'll stay awake on the weekends if we take her on trips with us, but if it's more than a few hours she starts to get very grumpy and will promptly pass out in the backseat like an overworked toddler. Our usual routine is to go outside/take a nap/eat breakfast/take a nap/go back outside/take another nap/eat again/more naps, etc, etc... We have four cats and often joke that she sleeps as much as the lot of them combined.

Even our 2 year old will sleep for hours! She gets up to pee more often than the 6 and 10 year olds, but otherwise she'll sleep until I get her up! The *only* greyhound exception to this rule is a young puppy, up until that are about 2. Then they are awake WAY more than you want! :P

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I seem to remember either on this board or somewhere else, someone being accused of photoshopping a picture of their greyhound because they were standing up, not lying down! My four sleep most of the day, but generally in the same room as me. So if I move, everyone does. But they sleep a lot!

Yes, in general they sleep a lot, especially as they get older. Mine are just the weirdos that don't sleep all the time. :lol:

I seem to remember either on this board or somewhere else, someone being accused of photoshopping a picture of their greyhound because they were standing up, not lying down!

Whoever made that accusation never met any of my Greyhounds. :lol: They've always lived with Dalmatians, a Galgo, or Ibizan Hounds so my Greyhounds are actually fairly active. My youngest Greyhound (at almost 8...geez) has been here since she was 8-weeks-old and has always been a wild child (5+ mile hikes? No problem! Run for hours with Ibizans? Daily! She swims, barks, digs, etc.). :rofl

Ok sounds like her! She had her first trip to daycare today for a few hours and the said she did really well and played with the other dogs in her group. When I came to oick her up, I called her name and she looked so surprised to see someone she recognized.

My family laughed; I have ent them all sorts of pictures and they said "...um...does she do anything? These are all pics of her sleeping..." 😁

Yep, eat, sleep, p&p, sleep some more (roached, of course!). It's a dog's life. :bgeorge

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Yes - they're famous for it! Watch this, keeping an eye on the clock in the background!

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.