Update On Omg I Need Advice

On Monday, we took Dawson to the vet. They took x-rays and told us they thought he had cancer. They showed us the films from last October and the one they took that day. There was a dark shadow. They gave us pain meds and told us we could put him down, keep him comfortable, or do a bone biopsy. We did the bone biopsy! I took him in today and picked him up around 5pm. The vet told me that they think he's the one in a million that it isn't cancer! The bone was nice and firm and not soft. They think it is a bone cyst. Now, I realize we won't know for sure until we get the results, but at least we have HOPE!

It has been a very solemn, teary-eyed week. He is the sweetest, kindest dog I have ever had. He wouldn't hurt anything, except maybe a cat! He loves children and lets our neighbor boy kiss on him and hug him, he's only 3.

Best thoughts!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thanks everyone. He is very aware tonight and in a lot of pain. I have given him a Tramadol. How long should I wait to give him something else? I have Rimadyl but they told me to hold off on that until morning. I don't see any sleep in his future or mine. He's had surgeries before but I don't remember him being in this much pain. I guess it's because of going into the bone?

Bone biopsy is very painful . You definitely need to managed it with pain meds. Not sure of the healing time.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Bone pain is hellish! Get with the vet and load your boy up on pain meds. Better he's dopey from the meds than in pain. The news is very encouraging. I'll be keeping you and your beautiful Dawson in my prayers through this difficult time. The waiting for results and seeing our hounds in pain is very stressful. Stay strong and positive. Sending gentle hugs.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

This is what I have been doing. He gets a Tramadol and Rimadyl at breakfast and at bedtime. I give him a tramadol after the afternoon walk. I also have to give him his antibiotics after supper. This is all I have been told to do. He has slept and lay down since his breakfast meds. It is really swollen so I tried to put an ice pack on it but he would have nothing to do with that. I gave him chicken in the night so I could give him a Tramadol. He ate it all. I have also been giving him milk as he isn't drinking much. I don't want his kidneys to be damaged!

Oh, they said they did 2 biopsy's of his leg. I slept in the living room with him last night. I slept on the floor with him Monday after they took his x-rays.

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I am emotionally spent.

I'm sorry, why would you give him milk? Most dogs are lactose intolerant and milk is certainly not a normal part of their diet. Now some ICE CREAM...that's a treat!!

A few days of pain meds are not going to harm him.

Were you perhaps thinking of milk thistle, an herb, that can help protect a dog's liver?

I would URGE you to send the x-rays and biopsy results to Dr. Couto as soon as possible.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck