Suspected Cancer - How Long To Wait.

That's great!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Great news! What a huge relief. I am a little confused on one point: I thought you'd been giving him Gabapentin, which does target nerve pain, rather than an anti-inflammatory. For what it's worth, Sweep's limp did not respond at all to Gabapentin either, but she does well with Previcox (NSAID). Regardless, I hope rest and the right meds do the trick for Honor.

Giving gabapentin which helps. Limp is 50% better with it.

Check his paws for corns - they can be very hard to spot. If you are unsure, take pictures of his paws and people here will be able to tell.

Feet have been checked very carefully. The limp is the same even in parts of our home that have plush carpet. It's not a foot/pad thing.

Great news. And glad you aren't spending your weekend thinking it's your dog's last! Chiro sounds like a good idea. Might think about a Neuro consult first if you have access to that. Though of course they'll recommend an MRI, which you may not want to do at this stage, but they may get closer to a dx and be able to recommend the appropriate therapy.

Edited by NeylasMom

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Good news, X-ray is clear. More then just clear. Everything looks first rate including the portion of spine that was captured. The vet simply could not get a pain response. Tried everything.

Just a thought: I wonder if Honor might have had some pain medication still working in his system which might have masked some of his pain during the vet's physical exam.

Great news that his X-ray was clear! Yea!

Excellent news!!!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I would 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) corn too...but it might even be something in his neck which is showing itself in a limp in his walk. SO hard to tell with these guys. :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest LazyBlaze

Just seeing this thread for the first time now. So very glad that the x-rays were good. Thank goodness!

Hope you can get to the bottom of Honor's problem soon. What NeylasMom says above about next steps would be mine, too. Gabapentin can take a while to have appreciable effect on nerve pain, and you may need to slowly increase the dose.

Very relieved it's not your worst-case scenario though. You've only just started getting to enjoy this boy, and he his life with you.

Hey KickReturn,

so happy to see the results of Honor's xray!!

at my house today the foster bit Remy in the head. now he has a bloody ear. and his limping is worse today. so i have to get his x-ray this week. i hope i get good news too.

Peggy - Pete (Wild Pan Thief), Remy (Exotic Ziricote) Buddy the Golden 11-26-04 to 9-18-15, the KATZ - Ozzy, Freckles, Jake and Elwood Hubba, Desert Tortoises Tortilita, and Athena. and when I figure out how to make a PET collage they will all be included in this signature. I included my 2 most recent fosters. Marie a sweet darling of a girl. And Willie, a dog I want to keep. He is a loveable mushy boy.

c696c116-3584-4443-ba69-446cbc22cba8_zps

I try to avoid chemicalpain meds as long as I can. The visit with the chiropractor is a very good idea. Mine go there every 4 weeks just to keep the muscles relaxed. I just remembered a galgo with a severe limp. The vet wasn't able to find the cause. The pup's owner as her last hope went to my chiropractor and what happened?

The galgo had a blockage in one of his toe joint. Do you know the sound when you sometimes move your fingers? She loosened the blockage and the limp was gone.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Good news, X-ray is clear. More then just clear. Everything looks first rate including the portion of spine that was captured. The vet simply could not get a pain response. Tried everything. The fact that an anti-inflammatory had no effect suggests some kind of nerve pain. We have a very good animal chiropractor in town. Worth a check up with her. Right now it's a mystery, but it's still one heck of a limp for no obvious reason.

Just checking in to see how Honor is doing. Has he seen the chiropractor?

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

So thoughtful of you to ask - thank you.

Honor is doing very well. He is back to lots of walking and only very rarely does his step look "off". He scampers around quite a bit on our walks, running up to any inviting looking dogs or people. I don't think he is in any pain. I have not taken him to the chiro although I will soon. We have great one in our city. She also does horses!