Watching And Waiting On A Racing Doggie

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a comeback for QS in the stretch! She looks so much like her momma - coloring and compact body shape and movement - it is like getting to see what Trixie would have looked like at Quick Shot's age. So fun for me to see! Super exciting that she won even with that bad start - hoping she will learn quickly.

Is there any way to find out what their call name is? I suppose trying to contact the trainer is the best way?

Jennifer, mom to Galen (GableTeletubbie) and Trixie fka Mooch (MostAggressive)
Always missing Connie (Connies Fullofit) and Chase (No Worries aka "Ace") & IG Angels Velvet and Bitsy

I have a little question for all of you. Who do you contact for pre-adoption? I was told by Donna Noble's trainer to contact Teddy Palmer who does the adoptions for Alvie Simons (her owner) yet, she hasn't responded to my e-mail. Should I call? Teddy or the owner? I don't want to be rude, I know those people must be really busy...

Additionally, if you have ever had to deal with these people, I'll take any advice you may have :)

Thanks for the advice :)

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

I have a little question for all of you. Who do you contact for pre-adoption? I was told by Donna Noble's trainer to contact Teddy Palmer who does the adoptions for Alvie Simons (her owner) yet, she hasn't responded to my e-mail. Should I call? Teddy or the owner? I don't want to be rude, I know those people must be really busy...

Additionally, if you have ever had to deal with these people, I'll take any advice you may have :)

Thanks for the advice :)

I would try Teddy again. She is usually good to work with and maybe your first email just got lost in the shuffle. Teddy moves a lot of dogs each year and is always on the go.

Beware of phog is home!!!!! We picked him up at derby lane Wednesday morning and started the drive back - arrived home to oklahoma this evening -- more to come very soon........

Locket - I will talk to teddy and see if she got your email - She is amazing and is always on the go for sure - more on this soon as well -

Beware of phog is home!!!!! We picked him up at derby lane Wednesday morning and started the drive back - arrived home to oklahoma this evening -- more to come very soon........

Locket - I will talk to teddy and see if she got your email - She is amazing and is always on the go for sure - more on this soon as well -

Glad she is home and congratulations.

Congratulations on the homecoming!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thanks all! A bit crazy here between being gone for a week, laundry, getting everybody adjusted to everybody and phog getting acquainted with retirement. He is HUGE! Makes ronee look small and jill tiny...lol. He is very gentle and sweet. 21 hours in the car and he was a real trooper - couldn't have been any better. His only vice so far is that he would really prefer water from the toilet than his water dish - lids down for awhile here. He found toys a bit ago and is in heaven deciding what to play with -pretty hilarious - my girls are just laying looking at him like he's crazy. It's cold here - when we put a coat on him this morning, his muzzle was still hooked there by it from unloading (we don't muzzle here) and he wanted it - I know he thought he was entered today...poor guy. We spent the night in Tupelo, ms on the way home - in the morning there was a white pickup packing up - he started pulling that way and trying to run toward it - we noticed at his kennel the trainer drove a white pick up - know he thought Henry was there too. I have pictures but am still quite unskilled at posting so it will take me a little time to get them loaded and I don't have that right now - bear with me! soon.......thanks all for your interest!!!!

Edited by teri_d

teri_d, your little story made me smile. Glad you are all home safe and that his first days with you have gone well.

I'm pretty sure my first two greyhounds (and some after that) thought they were going to race every time I put them in the car :lol .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

The following greyhounds from your watchlist are entered in races:

Nb's Fugitive, Orange Park, 01/23/2016, Afternoon, race 9, post #3.

Polar Vortex, Wheeling, 01/23/2016, Afternoon, race 20, post #8.

gallery_9376_3027_10401.jpg

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Solo - Flying Han Solo 3/20/11

Missing: Murphy, Shine, Kim, Sprite, Red Dog, Lottie & Harry

Tonight is the Daytona 550. If is one of biggest races of the year as it's an invitational race so some of the best dogs from different tracks are at Daytona.

Here is the line-up.

https://www.facebook.com/Daytona550/photos/a.804646116265945.1073741828.803626796367877/1057501800980374/?type=3&theater

United Greyhound Racing put this race on the last two years and it should be a great race.

Waiting to watch Quick Shot in race 7 tonight at Daytona in grade C. I found that one of her littermates (Mrl Overpaid) was in a schooling race at Orange Park on Thursday (1/21) and is scheduled next for Monday (1/25). Should be fun to follow her too.

The Daytona 550 should be an exciting race tonight with both Seldom Told and Need My MoneyNow racing. I've been watching the commentary on the live stream in between races and it is interesting to hear the viewpoints. Our first two adopted greys had no offspring, so I never paid much attention to the racing world. Now with our Trixie having a potential of 7 racers starting their careers now, it has sparked my curiosity. I'm really thankful that this thread is here, still going after so many years! I have learned so much already - so much more to learn though. Thank you Nancy and Dick!!!

Always missing Connie (Connies Fullofit) and Chase (No Worries aka "Ace") & IG Angels Velvet and Bitsy

That was a pretty ugly race for Quick Shot. If the 8 didn't rush up and shut her off she would have been fine. She was still running hard at the end so she doesn't give up.

Because Daytona shows the replay in slo-mo you can see the dogs change leads. As you may or may not know the greyhounds have to be on their left-lead going around the turns and they switch to their right-lead in the straightaways.

The last paw down on their left-lead is their left front and you can clearly see that in slo-mo. Then watch as they are on the straightaway and their right front is now the last paw down because they have switched leads.

Guess she's going to have to learn how to position herself better to not get cut off? She does look like she has heart and loves to run.

Thank you for the explanation about left-lead/right-lead. I didn't know that before you explained. The slo-mo replay is helpful for seeing it.

When we were watching the results, we saw the letters "SCR" by her name. Does that mean scratch? Just curious.

Guess she's going to have to learn how to position herself better to not get cut off? She does look like she has heart and loves to run.

Thank you for the explanation about left-lead/right-lead. I didn't know that before you explained. The slo-mo replay is helpful for seeing it.

When we were watching the results, we saw the letters "SCR" by her name. Does that mean scratch? Just curious.

Yes, SCR means the dog is scratched

What a great race. many people didn't think Husker Magic could break with this field and being in the 7 box was a big disadvantage. But, we were all wrong as the "old lady" showed us there is still a lot of fight in them old bones.

I loved the 8, Needmymoneynow, as he has tremendous speed and had the advantage of the 8 box. I figured he would break, shut the 7 off and Husker Magic would be done, but the old girl broke on top and rushed the turn on top with Needmoremoneynow in hot pursuit. Needmoremoneynow was going to pass Husker Magic at the far turn and she shut him off and I thought he was done and Magic would win. However, Needmoremoneynow had other ideas and dug in and in a very gutsy performance caught Magic deep in the stretch.

Here is the replay.

http://www.trackinfo.com/video-box.jsp?raceid=gDB%2420160123E10

That was a heck of a race, wasn't it, Dick? Two very fine dogs.

That was a heck of a race, wasn't it, Dick? Two very fine dogs.

The funny thing about the race is the two oldest dogs in the race showed the young ones a thing or two. Husker Magic has won 96 races and almost got number 97. She turns 4 in April so she should have no problem getting to 100 unless the owners decide this is it for her.