Watching And Waiting On A Racing Doggie

You need to visit the GHOF...you need to visit the Eisenhower Museum...You need a tour of the NGA...lots of reasons to go to Kansas.

Excellent, more things! I was planning for the GHOF, but beyond that wasn't sure what else there was! Maybe I should google :lol

Mom of bridge babies Regis and Dusty.

Wrote a book about shelter dogs!

I sell things on Etsy!

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Nancy,

Good to see you here on GT. Don't hear much from you anymore, but you are probably on FB

Hi Pam!

Nah, I don't come here much at all anymore Dick and I do have a FB page. Much easier, quicker to post photos on FB and ignore people who annoy me. Lol! Hope you are well. Can't believe this thread is still here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Do Bee celebrated his 9th birthday last week. It seems like it was just yesterday that he was tearing up the track at Southland. He still loves to run and is still my goofy little boy.

IMG_0368_zps7oe2rgr6.jpg

IMG_4181_zpsza7vnrwc.jpg

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Just saw this post on top and wanted to say hi all! It was good to read the last couple of pages and catch up--- beware of phog is a funny boy - he and rollover Ronee, and rowdy Jill keep us hopping :). Thanks for keeping the thread alive. Roo also check out greyhound gatherings in abilene -- halfwayhome greyhounds has one coming up - didn't go last year, but have been in the past and had a great time!

Just saw this post on top and wanted to say hi all! It was good to read the last couple of pages and catch up--- beware of phog is a funny boy - he and rollover Ronee, and rowdy Jill keep us hopping :). Thanks for keeping the thread alive. Roo also check out greyhound gatherings in abilene -- halfwayhome greyhounds has one coming up - didn't go last year, but have been in the past and had a great time!

I'm really hoping to attend this year! Need to wait a bit to see if another trip comes up (a maybe-maybe-not-will-let-you-know situation :rolleyes:) but if that doesn't happen, I'm hoping to go to that event!

I sell things on Etsy!

Guest goofydog2

Do Bee celebrated his 9th birthday last week. It seems like it was just yesterday that he was tearing up the track at Southland. He still loves to run and is still my goofy little boy.

IMG_0368_zps7oe2rgr6.jpg

IMG_4181_zpsza7vnrwc.jpg

Still looking good Do Bee! Great to see you too Judy

• 2 weeks later...

Dick, what can you find out about M's Pretty Boy? Birthdate 7/29/05. We'll be adopting him soon. Wish I knew what his call name was because his current name, Allen, is kinda blah.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Dick, what can you find out about M's Pretty Boy? Birthdate 7/29/05. We'll be adopting him soon. Wish I knew what his call name was because his current name, Allen, is kinda blah.

He ran 44 races between Raynham, Flagler and Naples, all good tracks. He was all over the place with his break. Sometimes he would be 1st or 2nd and then many times he was 6th or 7th or 8th. He had no consistency in that regard. He could close some coming from 3rd or 2nd to win and there is one race he broke last and won.

He would be a very tough dog to bet because you never knew what he was going to do. LOL

He was basically a C/D dog at those tracks.

Can't help you with his kennel name.

Good luck with him.

• 2 months later...

Pizza Joint is officially on her way to me! I found out yesterday morning that he was ready to retire her, and she is supposed to be getting on a haul this morning. She's heading for Florida​ and will have a layover there until the hauler heads up north again. I can't believe she's finally on her way! I'm excited and a little terrified all at the same time :lol

Edited by Roo

I sell things on Etsy!

HOW EXCITING !!!!!!! :yay

The wait is almost over !

Wanda, with the DC Racing Kids,

Eric ( DNT Finbarclancy )  6/29/14    Maggie ( DNT Oh Maggie ) 6/29/14

Lorraine ( DC Don't Rainonme ) 3/15/08 - 4/9/20 ---  Suzie ( DC Lazy Susan ) 3/12/06 - 9/4/18 --- Stormy ( DC Major Storm ) 11/29/99 - 1/21/12 ---- Andy ( Andy's Alibi ) 1/23/99 - 12/30/11

Pizza Joint is officially on her way to me! I found out yesterday morning that he was ready to retire her, and she is supposed to be getting on a haul this morning. She's heading for Florida​ and will have a layover there until the hauler heads up north again. I can't believe she's finally on her way! I'm excited and a little terrified all at the same time :lol

Awesome! Congrats! How long did you wait for her? I don't come here much anymore.

I am SO happy to read this - we both had great happy endings to 'watching and waiting!' I know pizza joint will give you as much joy as phog has added to our home.....and it is truly special that we glimpsed a part of their life that I had never experienced with any of our other adopted greys. I'm so happy for you and can't wait to read pizza joint is home and see pictures!!!! Teri

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...