Watching And Waiting On A Racing Doggie

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a new girl that I am tentatively "waiting" on. Her name is MM's Good Girl and she just started racing at Bluff's Run. Her owner is Melissa Schmidt and is awesome about letting me know what is going on with her. She thinks that she might need some longer distances so I'm excited to see how she continues to do. She has had a couple of rough goes and seems to be a fighter!

amr236.jpg
**Shellie with GiGi aka: Good Girl (Abita Raginflame X Ace High Heart) and two honorary hounds Butter and Bella**

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GiGisCloset2?ref=si_shop

Keep us posted on how she is doing.

MM's Good Girl can close in sprints so trying her in longer races is worth a try. Because you close in sprints doesn't mean you can run the extra 110 yards from 550 to 660, but your girls dam was a good 660 dog at Southland so that is a plus.

Dick

I have never shared in this thread - too superstitious! But Im ready. We got Naming rites to two pups a couple years ago as a 'reward' from our group, halfway home greyhounds, and teddy Palmer. They were off spring of Monica Crowley and Ariel battle. We named one black pup wins Jayhawks (nga altered the actual name we picked a little)... he is currently racing at wheeling. The other is black as well and we named him beware of phog - he is at derby lane. Both are named because my hubby and I (daughter too) are alums of the university of Kansas and we love all things Crimson and blue. We have followed both of their careers, but really got attached to watching phog. He was even featured in our alumni magazine in a fun article! We have told Hhga, track, trainers and his owner that we would love him to retire here with us. He is currently not racing after a collision on the track - his second period with time off - but we really hope to adopt him when he's done. I would have to think long and hard about trying to get wins Jayhawks if he became available as well. We also watch ample pleasure who races at Pensacola - she is our rollover ronees daughter - the only one of her pups left racing. Same deal - I'd have to think long and hard about it if she became available. So on our radar - we definitely want beware of phog and we watch with great interest wins Jayhawks and ample pleasure. Thanks for this thread

I have a new girl that I am tentatively "waiting" on. Her name is MM's Good Girl and she just started racing at Bluff's Run. Her owner is Melissa Schmidt and is awesome about letting me know what is going on with her. She thinks that she might need some longer distances so I'm excited to see how she continues to do. She has had a couple of rough goes and seems to be a fighter!

I heard Bluffs Run is closing at the end of the year. I'm not sure how many dogs will move on to another track or just be adopted out, but I thought I'd let you know!

jakesigsmall_zps254e191c.jpg

Photographer in Phoenix, AZ www.northmountainphoto.com

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

Update on O Ya Jennifer:

She was sent to the farm in Iowa back in the early spring for breeding. Her owner says he wants at least one litter, will wait to see how that litter does on the track to see if he will breed a 2nd time. So it looks like i have at least another 18 months or so before i bring her to her couch.

I'm still watching Pizza Joint (Tessa)! Thanks for the tidbit about hers being the fastest time at the track yesterday - I hadn't known that but how cool! So far not officially waiting (need to learn who bought her for breeding when she retires and then get in touch with said person about potentially adopting her) but definitely watching. And admiring :wub:

Mom of bridge babies Regis and Dusty.

Wrote a book about shelter dogs!

I sell things on Etsy!

I've been watching a little girl ATASCOCITA JOLIE. Just watching. We aren't adding to the family any time soon. This little girl is a great closer and I love watching her.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Glad to have you take over Watching and Waiting Dick. I can't believe it is STILL going years after it began in 2009. I think it is important to keep it going, though I have no interest in doing so. Thank you.

Edited by gazehund

My first pre-adopt is home being lazy.

I got to visit pre-adopt #2 yesterday, Shrubby. It will be a while (hopefully)!

S%20Jul%2015%201_zpskda7w6it.jpg

I've also got my eye on this guy who's just started being hand slipped - Templeton (the red boy)

templeton2_zpsvafrypg3.jpg

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

I saw Shrubby on fb and he's still as cute as ever.

My pre-adopt has been home for almost 2 years (August 13, 2013. Katiebug is a good girl and greyt addition.

Chad, I think you have me beat for the longest wait now. I waited 51 months.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I watched a dog for his many years of racing but never knew if I would be able to bring him home as someone else wanted him, the kennel owners wife. SO i knew I was down on the list as a future home.

But anyway, i started watching him as he had a roman nose, but i had never seen it, those track muzzles hide that wonderful aspect.

I watched what would be his last two races, he was up and down the grades, and tracks and distances, But his second to last race he won, 660, grade C at Derby Lane, next race was a 660, B. He pulled up in the last turn, finished OOP.

Next day I got the word, hed torn a hind muscle, did i want to drive to Abilene to get him? um, no, done the drive a few times, 25+ hours. He got his free ride back to his home kennel, Flying Eagle. After nationals he caught a ride on a hauler going to wheeling, i drove from GiG. Midnight meeting in a motel parking lot in Ohio!

And he came home with me.

Flying Han Solo

gallery_9376_3027_31977.jpg

Thank you Shelley Lake for letting me know about him and following along with his career.

gallery_9376_3027_10401.jpg

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Solo - Flying Han Solo 3/20/11

Missing: Murphy, Shine, Kim, Sprite, Red Dog, Lottie & Harry

Still no sign anywhere of beware of phog. Not listed in entries or schooling again this week -- but wins Jayhawks and ample pleasure both running tomorrow - wins Jayhawks (phogs brother) at wheeling grade a race 13 6 spot and ample pleasure (our ronees daughter) at Pensacola race 4 grade CT 2 spot. Run safe and run fast!!

I'm not trying to bring anybody new home, already got suckered into brought home a spooky racing school dropout whom we love dearly, and 2 is our limit right now. BUT I watch a little tidbit of a distance girl at Palm Beach, name of Horse Chips. Tiny, black, great name, distance runner ... doesn't get any better!

Also noticed that Devious Speed's first baby to race, Polar Vortex, just won her maiden at Southland. Will be watching her too!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm not trying to bring anybody new home, already got suckered into brought home a spooky racing school dropout whom we love dearly, and 2 is our limit right now. BUT I watch a little tidbit of a distance girl at Palm Beach, name of Horse Chips. Tiny, black, great name, distance runner ... doesn't get any better!

Also noticed that Devious Speed's first baby to race, Polar Vortex, just won her maiden at Southland. Will be watching her too!

I won the rights to name a puppy and she is Polar Vortex!

It was a combined effort with friends Martha and Halise.

She finally won her maiden the other night!

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

I didn't know you'd named her! Great name.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I didn't know you'd named her! Great name.

Yeah, halise and Martha met me for breakfast one morning and said they had the perfect name for a Billy dog.. Billy Sr tend to use short phonetic names.

Arctic vortex, spelling it 'R-tic Vortex'

An auction had just come up with 3 pups available for naming. Two fawns, i think and a white with a black spot. I had an early bid in on a fawn, but shifted over to the white dog due to the name. Gave Steve three names artic vortex, polar vortex and I do not recall the third. He picked his choice and put it into the nga.

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07