Watching And Waiting On A Racing Doggie

She's pretty! And I LOVE her name! Donna was my favorite companion :lol

And Donna is the name of our adoption coordinator! It'll make a tribute to all!

Donna Noble is a really nice racer. She ran at Flagler, Naples and Mardi Gras which are all good tracks and did pretty good so I can see why they might breed her.

She is :) I am not surprised they would breed her. Her mom has had 2 litters from Kiowa Mon Manny, and both performed very well, I'd keep those genes around if I was the owner! I am surprised they did not breed her sister as well.

Good luck to War Diva! :)

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

War Diva is in race 11 this afternoon - post 1.

Having dropped to C her last race and getting out on top in that race, then getting offstrided, she should get out on top again and with no speed near her she should be able to get to the middle of the track where she wants to be.

The 5 is a nice pup, but if she makes the turn on top she will have a good chance to win.

I have lurked on this thread for a while now, but now it's time to de-lurk! We adopted Trixie (Most Aggressive) in 2015. She had a decent racing career (thank you, Dick, for the analysis in the other GT thread!) and then had one litter in July 2014. GALT (Greyhound Adoption League of Texas) got her in May 2015 and we failed our first fostering attempt. :P She is a funny little girl (61 lbs) who at 5.5 yrs old keeps us in stitches.

So... I've been watching greyhound-data and trackinfo since late summer to see if her puppies were going to show up at any of the tracks. All seven (2 males, 5 females) are in the databases, but only one has any races so far. Quick Shot won her first maiden race on Jan 12 at Daytona, if I am reading the info correctly. She is racing today in race 5 grade D. I'm watching Daytona's live streaming right now. Race 4 is just about to start, so just another 15 minutes or so until her race will start (I think).

Anyway, I'm so excited to watch Quick Shot run. Thanks for keeping this thread going.

Jennifer, mom to Galen (GableTeletubbie) and Trixie fka Mooch (MostAggressive)
Always missing Connie (Connies Fullofit) and Chase (No Worries aka "Ace") & IG Angels Velvet and Bitsy

Quick Shot won both schooling races and then her maiden race. She will certainly be the favorite in her race today and if she doesn't get in trouble she will probably win. If she keeps running like this she won't be at Daytona very long. They will move her to a better paying track.

Some kennels break their dogs in at lesser tracks to give them some experience and see how they do. If they do well they move them.

Hope she runs well today.

Thanks for that info, Dick. She took third but it looked like she got caught at the first turn when she and the 2 and the 6 got jammed up and she lost position. It looked like she went to last place and then made up a lot of ground to take third in the end, so with some experience she may do better at judging how to avoid "traffic jams" with others?

It was exciting to watch. When she fell to the back of the field, my heart sank and didn't suspect she would make the gains she did by the end. I don't know all the lingo yet, so please bear with me if I don't describe something correctly.

For the others in her litter, I have them in my virtual kennel on trackinfo. Is that the best way to keep up with them for now? If any of them flunk out of racing, there might be a spot on the couch here in Texas...

Always missing Connie (Connies Fullofit) and Chase (No Worries aka "Ace") & IG Angels Velvet and Bitsy

Jennifer,

That girl can run. That was very impressive to see what happened to her at the turn and have her come back to be 3rd. It is easy to run when you are the best dog in the race and you are 1st to 2nd to the turn and basically have no trouble. But to see if a dog has any heart you have to see what they do when things go wrong.

These are always my favorite type of races early in a dogs career because it really defines what kind of racer they are.

Here is the race and she is the 5.

http://www.trackinfo.com/video-box.jsp?raceid=gdb%2420160116a05&runnername=Quick+Shot

It is easy to run when you are the best dog in the race and you are 1st to 2nd to the turn and basically have no trouble. But to see if a dog has any heart you have to see what they do when things go wrong.

True of people too, in the race of "life". :lol Thanks for the commentary on Quick Shot's performance. I can't wait to see how her career goes. And hopefully some of her littermates will start racing soon too. (Quick Draw Fire, Quick Power, MRL Oh Jesse, MRL Old Hippie, MRL Outbound, & MRL Overpaid - in case anyone recognizes those names)

Guest Bean_Scotch

I'm excited and touch envious of you who are bringing your W&W dogs home or at least have been in contact with their connections. I still haven't heard back from anyone involved with Bluebyyou and she still hasn't run a race since mid November, so I may have lost her :/

I actually tried to watch a dog and adopt it when they retired from Blu Too....but they pretty much blew me off...I'm currently working on potentially owning a racer in the future, so not all owners are like that...but they were really rude to me....just fyi

Would you let me know how it goes for you, the whole owning a racer thing? I would love to do this but don't know how to go about it. I thought it would be awesome to see if I could buy one of Pizza Joint's pups but seeing as how I don't know the first thing about it it probably won't happen. Alas... :lol

Mom of bridge babies Regis and Dusty.

Wrote a book about shelter dogs!

I sell things on Etsy!

I actually tried to watch a dog and adopt it when they retired from Blu Too....but they pretty much blew me off...I'm currently working on potentially owning a racer in the future, so not all owners are like that...but they were really rude to me....just fyi

I'm not following any Blu Too dogs because I've read that they aren't a friendly business.

Oh my gosh - our experience has been so different -- although we named beware of phog, so it was not the same from the beginning - everybody could not have been nicer ----- dawn (his owner) of course knew of us anyway since we named him - but was fabulous and totally gracious. Henry and Belinda Parker, his trainers, we're so nice - even though there were big stretches of time when we had no idea what the heck was going on with him -- keep in mind the number of dogs in the kennel they are responsible for feeding, training, racing and post race stuff - they are really busy folks! But always so friendly and appreciative of our interest, ect.

WEDNESDAY IS THE DAY!!!!! We have actually arrived in st Pete already and will be at derby lane Wednesday morning to get our boy :). Update soon

I'm not following any Blu Too dogs because I've read that they aren't a friendly business.

Not my experience with Blu Too at all. Don't believe everything you read. They put their dogs first and foremost. What they do or don't do is done for a reason. Get to know them yourself then decide. And everyone keep your personal opinions to yourselves. This thread has been civil for almost 7 years. See it stays that way.

Not my experience with Blu Too at all. Don't believe everything you read. They put their dogs first and foremost. What they do or don't do is done for a reason. Get to know them yourself then decide. And everyone keep your personal opinions to yourselves. This thread has been civil for almost 7 years. See it stays that way.

I don't see what is uncivil about sharing negative experiences with a business, and telling people what actually happened when you tried to interact with someone is not a matter of opinion. You're the first to say anything positive about working with BluToo, so I'm skeptical of your experience. And my own account comes from reading their facebook page where they effectively shot down someone's inquiry about pre-adoptions. Should I not believe what Blu Too says about themselves?

Bluebyyou had another bad run a couple days ago. She broke well but lost ground around the turn and finished last. I think she'll be dropped down to B races now.

First let me say that Nancy was the person that got permission to do the Watching and Waiting thread and that permission came with certain parameters. So the best thing to do is stick to Watching and Waiting and everything will be fine.

Bluebyyou will drop to B her next race. Moving from PB to MG is a step up in the quality of dogs she is running against. Plus the tracks are different. PB is a little shorter at 545 yards and the turns are sharper and the surface is a little harder.

Dropping to B will be good to build her confidence up, as long as she can compete and win at that grade. Whether she is an A dog or a B dog or even a C dog at MG only time will tell.

I don't see what is uncivil about sharing negative experiences with a business, and telling people what actually happened when you tried to interact with someone is not a matter of opinion. You're the first to say anything positive about working with BluToo, so I'm skeptical of your experience. And my own account comes from reading their facebook page where they effectively shot down someone's inquiry about pre-adoptions. Should I not believe what Blu Too says about themselves?

Bluebyyou had another bad run a couple days ago. She broke well but lost ground around the turn and finished last. I think she'll be dropped down to B races now.

Be skeptical all you want. If you want this thread to continue, I suggest you drop it and stick to W & W. If you want to be the reason this thread goes away after 7 years, carry on. I did start this thread all those years ago and it was not easy. More people than not here would be very happy if it went away. Your choice.

Back to business... :)

I've been watching Polish Ritz since about June. He was one of the ones whose name stuck with me after I got home from Wheeling. Anyway, he's up today in race 16, post 7. If I remember correctly, he was rather handsome! I may have a picture somewhere... I'll have to look when I get home (just offloaded all my pictures to a hard drive, so of course NOW I want to find one... :lol). PRH adopted out his sister, Rock Star, back in December. She was a hoot!

I sell things on Etsy!

Back to business... :)

:gh_run2:thumbs-up Quick Shot is running this afternoon in race 11, post 5 at Daytona. Hope she does better today than Saturday! They are about to start race 7, so I am guessing she'll be running in about an hour.

:gh_run2:thumbs-up Quick Shot is running this afternoon in race 11, post 5 at Daytona. Hope she does better today than Saturday! They are about to start race 7, so I am guessing she'll be running in about an hour.

About 15 minutes between races is what I figure also, but I always check about 15 minutes before the time I think to make sure.

Good luck to Quick Shot today

Looks like Polish Ritz didn't do too well - came in 7th. I haven't watched his replay yet so I'm not sure if something happened or he just had a slow day.

But it looks like Quick Shot had a great race!

Edited by Roo

I sell things on Etsy!

Lurking to see news of Beware of Phog ..... :)

I still watch some dogs but am not in a position to adopt any more right now, alas. Two is our limit for now.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Looks like Polish Ritz didn't do too well - came in 7th. I haven't watched his replay yet so I'm not sure if something happened or he just had a slow day.

He got pushed a little wide at the turn, but nothing bad. He loves the rail and it looked like he just tired at the end like the comment said.