Watching And Waiting On A Racing Doggie

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally some activity: Bluebyyou ran a training race yesterday at Mardi Gras. Glad to see she didn't disappear

Good to see her back and officially schooling. Those were good dogs she schooled with. The first two were grade A at Bluffs Run and the 3rd place dog was an A dog at Mardi Gras. She did well at PB and now she gets a chance to run at a little better track with better competition.

Hopefully she likes Mardi Gras and it will be interesting to see how she does.

Finally some activity: Bluebyyou ran a training race yesterday at Mardi Gras. Glad to see she didn't disappear

It's so nervewracking when they seem to drop off the map like that! Happened a couple times with Pizza Joint and it nearly drove me crazy wondering if she was injured, moving tracks, or headed to an adoption group. Always such a relief when they pop up again :lol

Mom of bridge babies Regis and Dusty.

Wrote a book about shelter dogs!

I sell things on Etsy!

I started watching a new girl recently (needed someone to keep an eye on since Pizza Joint retired :lol) and she's up tomorrow afternoon in race 4 post 2 at Wheeling - her name is War Diva. I actually got a picture of her when I was there in August and didn't realize it till this week! I'll have to post it tomorrow (or you can go to greyhound-data to see it since I posted it there...haha).

I sell things on Etsy!

War Diva is gorgeous! I've only seen brindles like that in Whippets.

It's so nervewracking when they seem to drop off the map like that! Happened a couple times with Pizza Joint and it nearly drove me crazy wondering if she was injured, moving tracks, or headed to an adoption group. Always such a relief when they pop up again :lol

I was definitely nervous. I distracted myself by checking in on some of the other dogs I follow, like Go Rocky Blue (I love the idea of a big male; Rocky is 83 lbs), Barts Code Blue (another large male), Blues Fest (a small female), Bluebyyou's littermate Midnight Blue. I have a thing for blues, obviously :lol

BBY ran another training race. She won this time, so I hope she'll be in an official race soon.

War Diva is gorgeous! I've only seen brindles like that in Whippets.

I was definitely nervous. I distracted myself by checking in on some of the other dogs I follow, like Go Rocky Blue (I love the idea of a big male; Rocky is 83 lbs), Barts Code Blue (another large male), Blues Fest (a small female), Bluebyyou's littermate Midnight Blue. I have a thing for blues, obviously :lol

BBY ran another training race. She won this time, so I hope she'll be in an official race soon.

That was a real good schooling race and my guess is she will be in a regular race next time she runs.

I have the all of the blacks and blues from that litter in my VK :D

BBY had a regular race today, Finished last :/ Broke slowly and got jostled by the 6 early on, as far as I can tell.

Apparently I can't edit my posts, so I'm replying again to ask how exactly people get their hounds home when pre-adoption is successful. Is it possible to get them added to a load of dogs being hauled across state/country, or do you typically fly/drive out to pick them up? Also, has anyone had a pre-adoption go poorly, where you and the dog were just not a good match?

In our case we are driving to Florida to get beware of phog.....we leave on Thursday!!!!! in our case we didn't even ask if there were any other possibilities - so next week we are officially "watching and waiting" alumni. I will post updates soon on how our girls take to their new brother - I promise to try to learn to post pictures

Apparently I can't edit my posts, so I'm replying again to ask how exactly people get their hounds home when pre-adoption is successful. Is it possible to get them added to a load of dogs being hauled across state/country, or do you typically fly/drive out to pick them up? Also, has anyone had a pre-adoption go poorly, where you and the dog were just not a good match?

Some states are easy to get a dog hauled to and others are impossible or next to impossible since regular dog haulers make routine visits to states that have racing and greyhound farms.

What state are you in?

I think you can't edit until you have 50 posts and even then the ability to edit only last something like 30 minutes. If you look in the upper left of page you will see it says support. If you want to donate to GT the ability to edit has no time limit and I think it will happen when you donate and not after 50 posts. Someone will correct this if this information is wrong.

In our case we are driving to Florida to get beware of phog.....we leave on Thursday!!!!! in our case we didn't even ask if there were any other possibilities - so next week we are officially "watching and waiting" alumni. I will post updates soon on how our girls take to their new brother - I promise to try to learn to post pictures

Oklahoma would have been easy to get a dog to. I thought picking up the dog was something you wanted to do and never asked if you thought about having her hauled. I should have mentioned it.

Dick

I'm hoping to work through PRH when the time comes to get Pizza Joint (provided I can ever get in touch with whoever has her! Still trying...). We get regular hauls because we're on the route between FL and WV. I know it'll be different with her coming from a farm instead of a track, but we get broods occasionally too, so hopefully it won't be too much trouble. I will, of course, absolutely drive anywhere to get her should she not be able to make it on a hauler.

I sell things on Etsy!

Oklahoma would have been easy to get a dog to. I thought picking up the dog was something you wanted to do and never asked if you thought about having her hauled. I should have mentioned it.

Dick

I didn't explain that very well (as usual for me lol). Since phog had been injured we werent crazy about him making the trip in a hauler - so we didn't even inquire. Protective mommy here already. Plus I am not a huge fan of winter - a few days out of cold weather will be welcome -

teri

I'm soo excited your bringing home your boy! Can't wait to see pics of this handsome boy!!!!

hope to meet him in june!

Kathy, Bo (SK's Bozo), and Angels Storm (Greys Big Storm), Grace (Rise to Glory) and Sky(Greys Sky Dove),

My dog believes I go to work for their food and treats.

I'm in WA, and while we get several loads of dogs to various adoption groups each year, I don't think the timing is likely to line up well. I was planning on flying out to pick up my dog, but I've been reading about issues with crate sizes and flights, so that may not be an option. Driving is out of the question, unfortunately, due to distance, time, and my own physical limitations. So logistics will be difficult....

Since I've decided I want to adopt by the end of the year, I've been considering dogs other than Bluebyyou and it's making me feel a little fickle. I still would love to adopt her one day, but I also really want a dog now. Go Rocky Blue is looking like the best option in terms of timing since he doesn't seem to be running very well lately (I feel bad about thinking of his poor performance as a good thing). At the same time, if BBY suddenly became available earlier than expected, I'm not sure I would be able to take on a second dog right now, so I'm wondering if waiting wouldn't be better.

Hey, I would like to join this thread, I didn't know I would one day join on here, but here it goes!

We adopted Jack (Check my Spots, DOB 29-12-2011) in December 2014. And now we have just found and established contact with his sister Donna Noble. She is still racing, but taking a break (since October). She will hopefully return racing or she will be bred. Then...well depending on DH, we might have a second hound on our couch. Well, in the meantime, let's follow her career! There she is during turnout

Greyhound_Donna_Noble-_3big.jpg

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love