Re: Gagging-Much Worse Diagnosis

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hooray!! Go Charlie!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'm so happy to hear that Charlie is home and hoping it is a one time occurrence! I got lots of good info from this topic and your original one. My heart dog Hurley had an exciting life of traumatic incidents every other year and his first was aspiration pneumonia which was a breathing/ gagging issue as well, no idea how he got it. Let's hope Charlie has an uneventful year.....uneventful is soooooo nice!

Be well, Charlie!

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

Charlie Update: No news is good news! Charlie continues to do well and have no symptoms of his peri cardial effusion. He will have an echocardiogram on March 17. Hopefully nothing happens before! So far so good i am thrilled to report! Again thank you so much for your support, you people are the best!

I’m heartbroken. I had to take Charlie to Tufts again last night. He had fluid build up around his heart. I was going to have non invasive surgery to stop that. I am sad to say he has fluid in 2 other places.

His Lungs and abdomen. I am waiting to hear from the vet whether I can take him home and have a little time with him.

I write this through my tears and will try to remember that he was so much loved these past 3 yrs. I may not be back to this forum although you have all been so wonderful.

Hoping i can have a week with him here at home or maybe more. He is only 5yrs old. :-(

This mornings Doctor just called: Charlie will have an echocardiogram tomorrow which should tell them if there is a mass and a sonogram on his abdomen. So maybe? he will be ok? His red cell count is dropping but he ate well. He will stay overnight to be monitored. Prayers please. Maybe it isn't over- will know more tomorrow. I won't let him suffer though, that's for sure.

Prayers and big hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.