A Re-Introduction

I'm Janet and I'm a Lurker!

I've been a Grey Talk Member for many years, in fac, I joined when my first greyhound Foxy was diagnosed with cancer at age 10. Her diagnosis is what eventually led me to found Hope for Hounds. We have had 6 greyhounds in our life, with up to 4 at one time. Foxy arrived in 1999 and gracefully left us 6 years ago at 13 years and 8 months. She started me on on my journey that has evolved way beyond my expectations. My username until recently was foxysmom. I decided it was time for a change and I think my new user name is a better reflection of who I am today, although I will always be foxysmom in my heart.

foxy-405x360.jpg

Jake was my mellow boy. He taught me how to bandage feet like an expert. Keep a good supply of arnica and doxycyclin on hand, and to take things slowly especially when you have a hound with LS and TBD We lost him on the second last day of 2012 at 13 years and 8 months.

100_0430-471x318.jpg

Jet, our spook (I swear he's autistic) is now 12 and 4 months. He's quirky and loveable and surprises me daily with his evolving personality. He's the last of our original 3.

10247264_10152364093611125_3160076221273

Peanut, my pre adopted Follow That Hound pup was my heart. I have never bonded with a dog so quickly and completely as I did with her. I'm pretty sure she felt the same way. We lost her suddenly at age 6 1/2 to what turned out to be a hereditary kidney disease. I get some comfort that in some way her records helped save her brothers lives a few months later.

2005_08110025-312x222.jpgspday2051_1_-398x257.jpg

When Peanut was 4 I took her back to Florida (and the beach) to reunite with her Mama Caffie. We also brought home her new sister my pre adopted racer Grandy. Mama Grandy had 2 puppies to leave with Mama Caffie and Daddy Bill, but she was so focused on going for a ride that I don't think she noticed.

sp061_1_-600x399.jpg

I later took Grandy to the GEM Event in Michigan to reunite her with one of her sons Lightning. Yes, they definitely recognized each other. Lightning gave his Mama plenty of kisses, she was less than impressed.

IMG_0556-540x358.jpg

Grandy's other son Zee was racing until very recently. He now is lucky to live in Miami with Leslie,rycesmom, someone I am happy to call family.

882128_525497157491416_705225875_o-350x4

A few months after Jake's passing my husband surprised me by saying he wanted to adopt a cute 48lb brindle cutie. I thought he was out of his mind, but off I went back to Michigan and brought home our little Maggie Mayhem.

931219_10151371157602735_2020211956_n-60

and now we are a 3 hound household.

Jet my fruit loop with our 10 1/2 year old granddaughter Kalia. (some of you may remember Foxy hanging out with her when she was a baby)

10431463_10152606296676125_7036846370259

Grandy with our other granddaughter Olivia who will be 9 very soon. (Some of you may remember little Olivia when she burned her hands and arms at 18 months. Happy to report she has no problems now)

10420087_10152606285396125_3647707333099

And Maggie our wee brat!

10389695_10152606699216125_5028034516622

10599303_10152606699246125_6253473578080

And me? I'm still making jewelry when I have time, teaching pre school children during the day, running Hope for Hounds when there is work to be done (like now) plus I am also on the Advisory Board of The Greyhound Health Initiative. I am learning so much from Dr Couto and look forward to sharing that with anyone and everyone who wants to know. Ask me about speaking at your events or message me if I can help you in any way.

Edited by HopeForHounds

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I've been wondering how Mama Grandy, Lightning and Zee were doing. After following the birth and their first months here, it is awesome to see this update. Looks like your pack there keeps you hopping!

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Welcome.... again!! (And at least you kept your avatar pic the same!! I hadn't even realized you'd changed your 'name'!! Just saw the pic & knew it was you...)

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest multigrey

I hardly every get on any of the "boards" but was so glad I did today. It's been ages but I think of you often and am hoping we get to see each other again soon! And can you imagine my shock when I saw the Boggles collar on the auction???? What could be more fitting than Boggles (who really did come up with the "Hope For Hounds" name all by himself ) be able to help raise $$$ for such a wonderful cause!!

Love from all of us to all of you..... :beatheart

I hardly every get on any of the "boards" but was so glad I did today. It's been ages but I think of you often and am hoping we get to see each other again soon! And can you imagine my shock when I saw the Boggles collar on the auction???? What could be more fitting than Boggles (who really did come up with the "Hope For Hounds" name all by himself ) be able to help raise $$$ for such a wonderful cause!!

Marilyn, is this really you???

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

WOW!! Janet & Marilyn in the same post on the same day!!!! It's old home week!

(And Janet - I have to tell you... when I first read your title, I read it as "and I'm a Lurcher"!!! hahahaha

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Welcome back & your trip down meory lane. I always followed you before & I still wear my Hope for Hounds shirt from the first year you had them to remind people about our dogs. When I say I've lost 7 & have another cancer girl most people are surprised as they didn't realize dogs get cancers too.

I've been wondering how Mama Grandy, Lightning and Zee were doing. After following the birth and their first months here, it is awesome to see this update. Looks like your pack there keeps you hopping!

Mama Grandy is doing very, very well. She is guardian of our main floor, flat out refuses to use the stairs. She also will not get on the couch, no big deal says Jet, her loss!

Lightning was meant to be a VERY fast house dog. Man is that boy fast, he just had no interest in racing. I see him every year at Sandy Paws and twice at the GEM event. He is a really good boy, stunning looks like his Daddy.

Zee was a very successful racer. He tended to stay in Grade B, move up to A then back down to B. I was lucky enough to see him race live when my friend Vicky and I went to Florida in April We spent some time in the racing kennel too, he knew we had come to see him, and pushed everyone else out of the way. He is a beauty with his Mama's gentle face.

Do you think he knew we were there to see him?

zee_zps4b440f51.jpg

Being weighed

969920_10152314161496125_1314017918_n_zp1525673_10152314150431125_807070610_n_zp

Leslie - rycesmom will have to share some photos of him from now on.

Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

A big part of why I had to have that collar Marilyn. I think of Boggles from time to time. :heart That collar is doing very well.

Summer-3bjpg.jpg

Me too! So nice to get an update! :D

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

:wave Janet

Hope to see you at Planet Day....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

:wave Janet

Hope to see you at Planet Day....

You will, I'll be vending. Lots of new goodies to show too. ;)

Summer-3bjpg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...