Dino's Official Greytalk Coming Out Party(Picture Thread

So Dino joined my DW and my self a little over a year ago, a 4.5 years old beautiful brindle boy, and what a year it has been.

So a little about Dino (Mani Mongone) or Mongo to his foster mom. Dino is a very big boy and talk about a gentle giant he raced at 82 lbs all 102 races.

When we met Dino for the first time his foster mom opened his crate and we expected him to come flying out, but no he stood up and stretched.

dino.png

After his Doggy yoga he slowly walked around the room and sniffed everyone and got a few scratches when he got to my wife, who I quote "can we get a small female", I watched as Dino paused at her and she petted his head and I watched her hart melt. She looked at me and that was the end of it.

We took him for a short walk and my DW asked if we could take him today.

Fast forward a few weeks and Dino decided he didn't like sleeping alone at night, a few sleepless night and a soft crate later Dino was sleeping in the corner of our bedroom, not a problem but stairs were a confusing to him. So a few weeks of carrying Dino up and down stairs before he figured it out.

A few months later and we celebrated Dino's fifth birthday and he discovers frozen yogurt.

IMG_20130819_201220.jpg

He also has master the art of retirement and has turned in to a very lazy hound

IMG_20131012_080101.jpg

well sort of

he is learing about toys:

IMG_20131029_193600.jpg

well sort of

IMG_20140113_202633.jpg

Dino also enjoy show and I think he prefers the cold, but we do our best to keep him warm

IMG_20140123_073538.jpg

IMG_20131229_111650.jpg

along the last yea Dino also welcomed a little brother home who he tolerates.

IMG_20131213_192545.jpg

Dino has even pitched in to help with the upcoming Easter Holiday playing his part as the Easter bunny.

IMG_20140308_115804.jpg

I think this should have enough pictures for now, and Dino says he to everyone.

Ryan

Dino and Stella

I love this! Thanks for sharing :)

He looks like such a sweetie!

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

Dino's gorgeous - love the big boys!

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

He's very cute. And he clearly has figured out retirement. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

What a handsome pup, sounds like he has the best home ever! Welcome!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Welcome! Love the big, goofy brindle boys. Sounds like he's got it all figured out! ;)

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

:wave Hello and welcome to Dino and his family! :D

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Welcome Dino and family!!

He's adorable! The first greyhound I ever fell in love with was a big brindle boy, too. :heart

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

He looks like a real sweetie, welcome to GT!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.