Molly's Surgery

Hoping to hear more good news today!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we are home. They wanted to check her coagulation factors one more time (normal :yay ) She is still oozing some from her incision, they gave me some gauze pads to replace if it seeped through the bandage, which it had by the time we got home, so I tried to replace them and have made a mess! She has this elastic body wrap, looks like a net version of racing silks. "just roll it up, replace the gauze pads, and roll it back down" easy-peasy NOT. Still she seems comfortable, she is eating fine. She has some edema in her lower legs, back legs in particular, so I am supposed to see that she walks around some to help that absorb. She ended up getting 7 units of blood and three of plasma :yikes I take her back tomorrow for a check on her incision, then if all is well, a check in with her surgeon in about a week. I am so pleased to have her home, but so afraid I will do something to mess her up :(

administer kisses on her nose, at least 10, every 1/2 hour!!! :)

so glad your girl is home!!

:yay

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

So glad she was able to come home! Gentle scritchies for your girl, and hugs for yourself. Hoping for only good (if messy) things from here on out!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Absolutely fantastically wonderfully joyful news!!!!! Go Molly! Please keep the pupdates coming!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest PiagetsMom

I am so pleased to have her home, but so afraid I will do something to mess her up :(

So glad you have your girl home :grouphug You'll do your best for Molly and it will be fine!

Edited by PiagetsMom

I am so happy you have your princess home with you. Molly will have a more comfortable recovery at home. Take each day one at a time and she will do terrific in your care.

Hugs to both you and Molly.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

She's home. I am so happy to see this. We are keeping you and Molly in our thoughts and prayers. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I am not sure that they didn't send her home too soon. Her incision is still oozing, not unusual I know, but I have not been able to do a very good job with the bandage changes, I feel like such an incompetent idiot :( She also has edema in her legs and feet. On the up side, she is eating well, and so happy to be home! I am taking her back today for a check on her incision (scheduled when we left yesterday), so we will see if my clumsy bandaging is good enough, or if she has to stay. I hope not. Her clotting factors are normal and her PCV is in the 30's low for a greyhound, but within canine normal.

Edited by Remolacha

I hope the checkup goes well today.

I'm sure your bandaging is fine :)

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

I'm glad she is home. Don't worry, you will take great care of your girl.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I am not sure that they didn't send her home too soon. Her incision is still oozing, not unusual I know, but I have not been able to do a very good job with the bandage changes, I feel like such an incompetent idiot :( She also has edema in her legs and feet. On the up side, she is eating well, and so happy to be home! I am taking her back today for a check on her incision (scheduled when we left yesterday), so we will see if my clumsy bandaging is good enough, or if she has to stay. I hope not. Her clotting factors are normal and her PCV is in the 30's low for a greyhound, but within canine normal.

How did it go?

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

If she has to stay, it won't be because of your bandages. Fingers and toes crossed for a good appointment!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

OK, I guess I didn't break her :) They were pleased with the way the incision looked, and thought it was oozing less than it had been yesterday. They did some bloodwork, her PCV is 33%, still low but improving. The edema they think will go away as she reabsorbs fluids, so she won't have little Lab feet for too long. They showed me how to massage her feet and legs to help with that. It will take some time, but she should eventually be OK. Her regular vet is coming tomorrow to look at Sallie's foot and will check her incision and rebandage. I will deal with leaks until then, what I had been doing was fine.

Unless anything changes, I will update next week after she has her surgical follow up and I hopefully have the biopsy results. Thanks you all again for helping her get through this!

:) :) :) Good job, you. :) :) :)

:) :) :) Good job, you. :) :) :)

I could not have said it any better. You are doing a terrific job of caring for Molly.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Fantabulous news.

If it's not too wearing for you emotionally, those of us in her fan club would enjoy a little incidental update or two before next week.

On your picture of her --

here is a recent demonstration of her best bed fail

That doesn't look like a bed fail -- more like a bed celebration. :)

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I just saw this. So happy for the positive updates and her return home. Looking forward to reading more good news.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Greyt update! :yay Let the healing continue! :yay

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Good point.... she's made great progress in those 5 days!

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala