Molly's Surgery

Guest fastcasper

Glad to hear you are giving her a chance. You never know....she may be one of those who gets months and months out of it. Fingers crossed for you both.

Kim

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Continued good wishes to you and to Molly!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Did I miss the final path results???

The diagnosis the oncologist gave me was "disseminated histiocytic sarcoma, spleen, liver, and lymph nodes" She did talk to the pathologist, so I assume whatever else he found confirmed this.

So far she has done fine. She was pretty restless last night, but has been eating well, no diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting, so I am hoping she will finally catch a break with the side effects!

I'm sorry to see the results of Molly's biopsy. She sounds like a brave little girl. How is she doing after her first chemo treatment? If you have any questions about diet, etc. let me know. Fiona lost the taste for a number of her favorite foods each time and I had to search for ideas on what to feed her. I had to be very creative.

Hugs to you and Molly.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I'm sorry to see the results of Molly's biopsy. She sounds like a brave little girl. How is she doing after her first chemo treatment? If you have any questions about diet, etc. let me know. Fiona lost the taste for a number of her favorite foods each time and I had to search for ideas on what to feed her. I had to be very creative.

Hugs to you and Molly.

thanks, I will take you up on that if she starts getting picky. She can be a quirky eater, so that part had me pretty nervous. So far, a light scattering of crumbled bacon makes anything enticing :lol

The diagnosis the oncologist gave me was "disseminated histiocytic sarcoma, spleen, liver, and lymph nodes" She did talk to the pathologist, so I assume whatever else he found confirmed this.

So far she has done fine. She was pretty restless last night, but has been eating well, no diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting, so I am hoping she will finally catch a break with the side effects!

Well, crap-that's a pretty narly diagnosis. Prayers the chemo will give you both good quality time together.

Awww, shoot. I am so sorry about the crummy path report. :grouphug I hope the bacon does the trick for a long, long time. Of course, there's always bacon flavored ice cream!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I just saw her first post surgery roach :) It didn't last long, but at least today she is feeling good!

Yeah for roaching!!! :)

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

Roaching is fabulous!!! Glad she's feeling good!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Honestly, you just never know-their resolve is a very powerful thing and you are providing every advantage to allow her to fight.

A friend's girl had to have her spleen removed-a 7 lb. hemangiosarcoma. I do not know if they biopsied anything else, but, she did 5 rounds of carboplatin and is still doing well and it has been about 2.5 years now.

Hoping that Molly continues to tolerate treatment well :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--