Rescued Fuzzy From Iowa ! (Greyhound X Scottish Deerhound)

Guest Isabella

Since no one else has said it, I will - she's beautiful! :beatheart:lol PPPLLLLEEEEZZZEEEE post lots of pics of her.

GT has different forums so depending on your question, you can pick which is most appropriate.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Since no one else has said it, I will - she's beautiful! :beatheart:lol PPPLLLLEEEEZZZEEEE post lots of pics of her.

GT has different forums so depending on your question, you can pick which is most appropriate.

This. But if you're not sure, try Everything Else Greyhound. The mods will move it if it needs to be.

:)

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

She is such a cutie. You will have to post lots of pictures. She already has a fan club.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

We promise not to discriminate against her as a fuzzy if you keep posting pics! What a cutie! Welcome to you both!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Hey everyone! This beautiful creature is the newest member of my family, she is a 20 month old American Staghound, which is part Greyhound part Scottish Deerhound that I adopted from a rescue. I had every intention of adopting a retired racer and that is what I was looking for when I came across this girl and it was love at first sight! This is my first sighthound so I am sure I will have MANY questions and look forward to getting to know some of you. I was very pleased to hear that this community doesn't discriminate to "the fuzzies" as I really want to have a place to turn when I have questions!

644349_3005316269120_1212751203_n.jpg522543_3005316469125_118022900_n.jpg420249_2970048067437_1543410608_n.jpg

Ohhh myyyy....she is just stunning! From one "FUZZY" owner to another...Welcome!

She's beautiful! Congratulations!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest Isabella

Thanks everyone for all the great compliments, I , of course, think she is beautiful but it's nice to hear others say it also! I am a picture fanatic so don't worry more pics will be coming! She is settling in nicely although she is still very skittish with loud noises or quick movements. If all greyhounds are this sweet there will definitely be more in my future!

Thanks everyone for all the great compliments, I , of course, think she is beautiful but it's nice to hear others say it also! I am a picture fanatic so don't worry more pics will be coming! She is settling in nicely although she is still very skittish with loud noises or quick movements. If all greyhounds are this sweet there will definitely be more in my future!

You beat me to my comment.... I was going to say you could always add a greyhound brother or sister :)

She IS gorgeous. I could look at pictures of her all day. Hopefully I will get a chance to meet her someday. I am in Cedar Rapids.

I'm not sure where you are, but it you are close, you could bring her by for a run in my large backyard with 6 foot fencing :)

siggy2.jpg

Guest tnchelle

She is beautiful! :wub:

Just thought I'd say welcome as well...I haven't been around the forums in a long while myself so I feel like a newbie as well...lol.

I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of your baby! :nod:nod

Oh goodness, she's a cutie!

Whereabouts in Iowa are you? I'm in the Quad Cities :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Welcome to GT. As you can see, we DO love fuzzies here. My beloved Takoda was a fuzzy, and he was just the sweetest boy, although he was a bit of a lost soul. In January, I added now 6mo old Holly to my pack, who is an UN-fuzzy staghound. Your new girl is just beautiful!

Edited to add, to me, there is just something special about the greyhound-deerhound mixes. I can't put a description to it, but they always steal my heart.

Edited by mangos_mom

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

Guest Isabella

Tuff & Krissn333, I live in central Iowa, by Webster City & Ft Dodge, Both of my daughter's are in Iowa City though so I am over that way quite often!

Mangos_mom, I would love to see pictures of more fuzzies, where do I go look?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sooo cute!!!! Love the fuzzy ones.

My friend just adopted this girl from HUA in Nebraska. They sort of look a like and I think are about the same age. Wonder if they're related?

http://www.hua.org/adopt-a-friend/homeward-bound/altona.html

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

So adorable! What sort of personality does she have, so far? (As we all know, she'll be developing, blooming, and revealing more of herself as time goes on.) Congratulations!

bth_FredandKimbaGreytalksignature1.jpg?t

Loving Kimba & Fred, missing Booker & Polly, first greyhounds, never forgotten.
"I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights.
That is the way of a whole human being."
Abraham Lincoln

• 3 weeks later...