Desi's Coming Home!

Guest BleuDog

Praying that this new day brings some more progress.....These Greys are AMAZING Babies...

Hang in there, and feel the Love and Support coming to You and Desi....

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SO happy to hear this!!! :yay

You might give extra thought to the width of the ramp. We bought one, about 17" wide IIRC. But the dog who needs it has a widening stance with his back legs, a function of LSS I think. So he tends to step off the side of the ramp with a back leg while we're guiding his front end up. So we quit using it and just let him do a short jump into the back of our sedan instead of using the SUV with him. Unfortunately, I don't think our experience was unique.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Sunday update: HE WALKED!!!!! He's just toe touching, but he knows that leg is there, & tries to position it, whereas he was just

dragging it like a chunk of wood. We went out today (after a really good PT session) and he combo walked/hopped almost 30 yards to

the grass where he could poo. I was SO PROUD!!!!

Found the big hard lump / clot about halfway down his thigh, above his knee. Gnarly. We did gentle massage around it for a bit and

I'm guessing he thought it felt good, cause he fell asleep.

I went out to the tx area to get his pills ready, and when I came back..........HOUSTON, WE HAVE A ROACH!

I was never so happy to see anything in my life.

I really think we're gonna make it. That man WILL walk. It might be gimpy, it might not be fast, it might not be pretty, but so what.

Dr. Couto said weeks.....months......WE'LL SHOW HIM!!!!

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Tears in my eyes so happy for you and Desi. Seriously, you are a great team and you WILL show all of the experts.

Sending more healing thoughts, but you're well on your way. Love and persistence will win.

Oh my goodness! Glad he was so much better today. Best thoughts for continued healing.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:confetti

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

I got to see Desi today. That boy is just so SWEET! He is doing very well. I got to see him walk, and he definitely knows that the leg is there. He enjoyed some kibble with some beef liver mixed in.

I can't tell you what an inspiring team he and Kathy make. They love each other so much. I think Desi would move heaven and earth for Kathy, and vice versa.

Jane