Jack

rascalsmom

It breaks my heart to write this, but my beloved Jack is gone.

handsomeboy.jpg

Jack was our fourth greyhound. He came to us in November, 2009, about 7 months after my daughter was suddenly killed after being hit by a truck while running. We had lost our male greyhound, Buddy, just six weeks before Elizabeth died, and while I could do nothing to remedy the loss of my daughter, I felt I could 'fix' my dog situation--I had had three dogs for such a long time, that two (Rascal and Ruby) just didn't seem right. Jack was a foster dog (yeah, right) who stayed. We adopted him right before the new year of 2010.

Jack was my first bit of happiness after losing Elizabeth. He was very silly, and he brought laughter back into my life.

Over the past 14 months, we have lost Ruby (8/11), Rascal (12/11) and our cat, Daisy (8/12). I never dreamed Jack would be going so soon, too.

I am not going to rehash all the medical stuff here--it's all in the H&M thread--but Jack developed complications this week, due to his disease, and we knew we couldn't ask him to undergo yet more medical intervention.

He was truly my buddy, and his loss brings us to a 'petless' state. I never dreamed it would be so hard, losing my last pet....the house is so empty, yet there are reminders of him everywhere.

And this tribute seems so inadequate, for all the comfort Jack brought me.

Godspeed, my best boy. I will miss you forever.

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh NO!!!! I thought he was starting to do so well. I've been wrapped up in my own stuff this week and haven't checked. I'm so sorry to see this. A huge hug. I know there aren't enough hugs in the world to make you feel any better right now. My heart is breaking for you. Godspeed Jack, you put up one heck of a fight.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'm so very sorry. Your handsome boy had to leave much much too soon.

Godspeed Jack.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest PiagetsMom

And this tribute seems so inadequate, for all the comfort Jack brought me.

Godspeed, my best boy. I will miss you forever.

I don't know that a tribute can ever be adequate for all the love a pup brings you, but you gave him much love in return, and that's all that any pup could need. I'm so sorry that you had to say goodbye to your beautiful Jack :grouphug

I am so very sorry. You both fought so hard.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I can't believe this. :grouphug You know what I see when I look at that photo of your boy? How beautifully Jack's face greyed over his eyes to form the heart, to keep with you forever. :grouphug Just not fair.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy.

Run free Jack. :f_white

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I am so sorry :grouphug So many losses in such a short time

Run free Jack

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Melissa, I am so sorry. I was so hoping he was going to pull through. You and your family are in my thoughts :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I'm so very sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown