Me And You And A Dog Named Boo

Oh...I am just sobbing.....

But, through tears, I can't lose sight of the fact that this hounds is so blessed to have two people who have loved her dearly.

GodSpeek Michael...may all our hounds that have gone before us be there to greet you.....

And to Boo....your gift to your Dad of comfort at the end...is beyond anything that we humans can do.....May you have a long wonderful life with your new Mama.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

What a beautiful and touching story of love, courage, and friendship. Michael must be smiling from heaven knowing that Boo is well loved.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

:cry1:beatheart

Beautiful story, beautiful girl. So glad you could take her in honoring your dear friend's last wish.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest MyCody

What a beautiful story that took my emotions all over the place. Bless you for expressing every wonderful as as well as tragic part of an experience that few could have managed as well as you, Michael, Boo, and all involved have done.

May she have a long and wonderful life with you, and Alimony as well as all of your lucky pups.

I'm sure Michael ls looking down and smiling at the sight.

Such a touching story... so sad in the passing of your friend, but joy that both he and Boo have such a friend.

Bless you all.

Wanda, with the DC Racing Kids,

Eric ( DNT Finbarclancy )  6/29/14    Maggie ( DNT Oh Maggie ) 6/29/14

Lorraine ( DC Don't Rainonme ) 3/15/08 - 4/9/20 ---  Suzie ( DC Lazy Susan ) 3/12/06 - 9/4/18 --- Stormy ( DC Major Storm ) 11/29/99 - 1/21/12 ---- Andy ( Andy's Alibi ) 1/23/99 - 12/30/11

You are a true & loving friend. I am sure Michael was at peace knowing his beloved dog was going to be with you. I am so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers that Alimony is able to make many more wonderful memories with you and your family. Welcome to your new home Boo.

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

I've gotta stop reading these posts that bring tears to my eyes.... What a touching story. I am sorry for your loss and wish that that beautiful lady could have joined your family under happier circumstances. I am sure she is happy that she got to ease your friend's passing and is grateful to you for giving her a home and a new family.

Qui me amat, amet et canes meas...et felem.

Olivia (RDs Merrygoround, b. 4/6/07, Gotcha 12/19/11

Chloe (PAR Candice, b. 5/22/08, Gotcha 12/18/12)

Condolences on the passing of your friend.

I think it's a wonderful thing that you are taking your friend's dog and will care for her even though it will not be easy for you as you mentioned that you have a dog with osteo that needs special attention.

I expect that good karma with come with this action ...

The story is very sad, but the ending is perfect. Boo is where she now belongs.

She is absolutely stunning, and your photos of her are wonderful.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry for your loss of your friend. And sorry for your Alimony's diagnosis, she's so beautiful.

You. Done. Good. You are a true friend in every sense of the word to welcome Boo.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest cristaron

Give your sweet mama Ali all the love you can for as long as you can. Keep her comfortable and as pain free as possible.

Let her leave when you know it's time.

Lord knows, you've been through this so many times and I know it doesn't get any easier. Each one takes a piece of your

heart when they leave but it's a 'good' piece of heart - it's the love of a sweet greyhound that found a forever home that

loved them unconditionally, no matter what.

You done good girl.

:)

Guest avadogner

Oh I am so sorry for your loss. This beautiful story had me weeping. It is so wonderful that you were able to bring comfort to Michael. I imagine knowing Boo would be so well loved was a relief for Michael too. I know how much the love of a grey can ease pain and illness. My Ava helped me through so many days of sickness. These dogs are very special indeed!

Aimee, I'm so sorry to hear about Alimony's dx. I had no idea. How painful it must have been for you to lose your dear friend. Hopefully Boo will help you with your grief over Michael and yet bring you some peace knowing you helped Michael when he so badly needed you.

I hope you have many quality days with Alimony. :grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I really haven't posted much about Alimony's osteo. It's frankly too hard for me to dwell on publicly right now. I am just focusing on keeping her comfortable and happy for as long as possible, and trying to enjoy each day as the gift it is. :heart

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

You didn't only give Boo a home you allowed your friend to leave in peace knowing that the dog he loved so much had a forever home. I cried while I read this....a moving tribute to friendship and these incredible, sensitive dogs. Thanks for sharing your story and many happy days to you, Boo and the rest of your crew!

Aimee, that was such a wonderful thing you did for Michael and for Boo. I am not even 40, but I always worry what would happen to my kids (Remy & Leyla) if I should have some unfortunate accident and go before them...

The gesture of bringing Boo to Michael in the hospital, and on his bed in his final hours in hospice, allowing him to go in peace holding his girl's paw, brought tears to my eyes.... I would want nothing more than to feel my kids' paws and carress their ears in my last moments on this earth.... Thank you for giving Michael those last beautiful moments and for giving Boo a loving home for the rest of her life....

Image removed, not within Signature Guidelines.

... I am not even 40, but I always worry what would happen to my kids (Remy & Leyla) if I should have some unfortunate accident and go before them...

My friend Michael was only 45 when he passed. I have known him for over twenty years. If nothing else, this has been a harsh lesson that having a contingency plan in place for our beloved pets is a good thing, no matter what our age or current health status.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest IHeartDogs

I am very sorry about Michael's passing... You are a wonderful friend to have given him that gift of taking care of Boo.

Welcome home beautiful Boo.

I'm in the same boat as you, treasuring the time left with a beloved pooch. I hope you have many more happy and healthy days with Alimony. :grouphug