It's A Girl!

Guest HoundWorks

Guest HoundWorks

So we got the official word today that they have matched us with Serena. We are planning on changing her name slightly to Siri. Pics are below! She's in a foster home in Florida right now and it'll be a few weeks before she comes up which will give us time to prepare. I think a new fluffy bed is in order, although I'm sure she'll love the couch as well! We cannot wait to meet her!

Serena-front.jpg

Serena-best.jpg

Serena-by-water-bowl.jpg

Serena-2.jpg

Serena-1.jpg

Future brother Dexter is very excited!

Dex.jpg

What a pretty girl! I know you're excited! :confetti

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

She's a beauty! How exciting for you!!

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

She's adorable...congrats :confetti

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Congratulations!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest HoundWorks

Both are gorgeous! Who is your Whippet? Maybe we're related!

Dexter is our Whippet and we found him through WRAP about a year and a half ago. I was told he is a Sportingfield's Whippet. I've run into a few other Whippet owner's who said they are somehow connected through the Sportingfields line. I'm not very familiar with it, but would love to know if Dex has any relatives!

Guest HoundWorks

Thank you, thank you! We hear she is very laid back and mellow which is just what we were looking for. I thought if I had pictures of her it would make the waiting easier but I think it's just made it worse. Now I can't wait to give her a big hug and lots of pets! :)

She's beautiful! Do you find yourself sneaking peeks at the pics at random times? I stalked my adoption group's website to look at Olivia's pictures when I was waiting for her :hehe . You will have so much fun shopping for her, I bet.

Qui me amat, amet et canes meas...et felem.

Olivia (RDs Merrygoround, b. 4/6/07, Gotcha 12/19/11

Chloe (PAR Candice, b. 5/22/08, Gotcha 12/18/12)

Siri is gorgeous and so is Dexter! Congratulations!! :confetti

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest HoundWorks

We do not know her racing name yet, but I'll be sure to share it when I get all the info.

And yes, we've joked about asking Siri what the weather is every morning. I think it'll be just too cute! A funny coincidence regarding the name Siri was that I was out to lunch with a co-worker last week (I hadn't told her yet about adopting a Grey) and she accidentally called a friend's dog Siri (it's actually named Yuri.) She corrected herself quickly and then stated "Siri would be a really cute dog's name!" That's when I had to tell her about our new Grey. :)

Both are gorgeous! Who is your Whippet? Maybe we're related!

Dexter is our Whippet and we found him through WRAP about a year and a half ago. I was told he is a Sportingfield's Whippet. I've run into a few other Whippet owner's who said they are somehow connected through the Sportingfields line. I'm not very familiar with it, but would love to know if Dex has any relatives!

Sportingfields (http://www.sportingfields.com/) is one of the biggest names in whippets. I don't remember seeing Dexter on our WRAP list, but if he wasn't a special case, I usually don't remember them. Hopefully he will love his new sister when she comes home. :)

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest HoundWorks

Yay! Siri may be on the haul for this weekend which means we would be able to pick her up Saturday!! It's killing me that we don't know for sure but by tomorrow it should be a yes or no. Cross your fingers for us that it'll be this weekend. I don't know if we can wait any longer :)