Crystal Falcon

MP_the4pack

How do you describe the life of a beautiful girl after knowing her only 18 days?

I do know she had a lot of races.

She had two litters of pups, 7 in each.(registered)

She had a home that loved her but the husband died and the wife went to assisted living.

She had another home that didn't love her and kicked her out when she was 10.

A fellow GTer was swooning over a handsome boy at the Rescued Racers site and when I took a peek, I saw Crystal. She was being called Falcon at the time.

It took years for me to finally break down and adopt an older broodie. I just can't face it when I lose them. But, she needed a home. She was an 11 yr old double bounced broodie.

I spoke with the adoption group and after some questions I filled out the application. It was only afterwards that I looked her up on the database and found she was Topaz's niece. (my first white black girl who I lost at age 5). That sealed it.

We found a great transporter (Dog Runner Pet Transport) since we didn't want her to fly.

042.jpg

She arrived in the Garden State (NJ) on April 21. It was love at first sight.

049.jpg

I got her home and introduced her to the rest of the family, and the beautiful back yard. She discovered the pools instantly. (she's on the right)

071.jpg

Mingled with the Bwat (who's 52 lbs, to Crystal's 70)

069.jpg

She knew she was home.

Just days after being introduced to her new home she was packed up lock, stock and barrel with the rest of the pack and off to GIG.

This is one of the few rare pix of have of all four of them.(thanks Tricia)

GIG4pack1.jpg

She did the fun run. I didn't get to hear her speed because she beat me to the other end.

(Thanks Steve for the great shots)

She had that 'little old lady gallop'

Crystalrun3.jpg

I brought home an exhausted but very happy girl Sunday.

On Thursday, when I got home from work all the girls went outside to run around. And Crystal was right there in the middle of the pack. This was a first. While she wanted to play with them, she was a little reserved until she would get to know her new sisters better. And Thursday seemed to be the day.

Then she found a stuffie and tossed it a couple of times.

We went in for dinner. It was after dinner I noticed she was uncomfortable and her belly was bloating, so I rushed her to my local vets. After an xray they said it wasn't bloat, just probably gas.

At bedtime she wasn't better. I called and they said to give her tramadol and if she didn't feel better in an hour to take her to the ER.

At 1 AM, she wasn't better and I shot off to VSEC in PA. By 5 AM, the news was that she most probably had cancer. Hemangio. But they couldn't confirm until the ultrasound doctor came in at 7 AM. I went home without her.

I got a call at 10 AM and they said she had a HUGE mass. It was attached to the body wall and not operable. All I could do was take her home and make her comfortable. If she didn't have another bleed, she could be with me for some time. She did look better when I picked her up.

Sunday I had a friend over. She took these last two pix of Crystal. Crystal was feeling very good on Sunday and I had hopes of having her a little while longer.

Crystalgrass.jpg

But she had stormaphobia and stressed all day Tuesday when we had rain (no thunder). By Wednesday I knew her time had come.

Her personality was just starting to blossom. And it looked like she had a WONDERFUL personality.

Here she is sassing the photographer on Sunday.

Crystalsassing.jpg

Crystal, I only had you for 18 days. But you stole my heart as if it were 18 yrs. I will never forget you.

You were loved. You were home. And I was your forever Momma.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sooo sad to read about Crystal's passing. You did a wonderful wonderful thing by taking her into your heart and home so her last days - but who knew? -- were immersed in love and fun. She will indeed be missed.

Mary Pat, those were the best 18 days that Chrystal had, let that be a comfort to you. I love the pool picture.

I'm sorry you had to say goodbye to her too soon.

Hugs!

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Unfair to both of you, that you didn't get to spoil her rotten for longer.

Godspeed, little girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Please don't hesitate to adopt another senior. They are worth it. But I understand if you cannot. It is not easy... I have lost so many... but luck is not always so bad.

Thank you for giving her eighteen wonderful days. I'm so sorry you didn't have longer together.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

I'm so sorry she couldn't stay longer. I'm sure Crystal's personality was starting to blossom because she was so happy to be with you. She had 18 very special days and moments where she was dearly loved.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest PiagetsMom

I know her time with you was far too short, but I think she was meant to come to you. She was a very pretty girl, and I'm so very sorry :grouphug

Edited by PiagetsMom

How do you describe the life of a beautiful girl after knowing her only 18 days?

Just the way you did, MP. You loved Crystal with all of your heart. That's how. I'm so sorry she couldn't stay. :grouphug

Godspeed pretty girl. f_yellow

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I don't know what to say. At least she was cherished and you had a chance to give her your love. So sorry.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

Guest patgam

I am so sorry!

What a beautiful girl she was.

Thank you for giving Crystal a TRUE Home!

:f_pink :f_pink

Miss Pat G.

Guest Yankeegreyhound

I can only imagine how hard it was for you but I'm sure, knowing you were there with her, made a world of difference to her. She was loved.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

I'm so sorry for your loss. Crystal deserved so much more time with you & her family. But what a glorious time she had while she was here! Those are the memories she carried with her to the bridge & I hope those will be the ones you carry too. She was a beautiful girl. Godspeed Crystal! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest IHeartDogs

I am deeply saddened that you only had her for 18 days... She was a beauty. Thank you for giving her a joyous time here before she left for the bridge.

Run free sweet Crystal...

Crystal was such a special girl. I'm so happy she had her home with MP and that she got to go to GIG. I was hoping that you would have many, many years together and that Crystal would be one who made it to 15. She had so much life in her it's hard to believe she's gone.

She was one of those dogs that as soon as you meet them you love them. I'll always remember her as the first dog that I ever specifically asked if our group could take. I fell in love with her on the farm the minute I saw her.

I know she met up with her first dad who loved her and I know she'll be waiting for MP when the time comes. You can see in the pictures how much she loved you and how at home she felt.

Thank you for making her last days wonderful ones.

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05