Joe Is Not Doing Well

Joe's pain has increased significantly this week. He is now getting 50 mg tramadol and 100 mg gabapentin every 3 to 4 hours along with 37.5 deramaxx every day. As of today, he is no longer willing to put weight on the leg and has been somehow managing two legged. I am scheduled to go into OSU on Monday. I am anticipating that he will not be coming home from there.

The only treatment that we haven't done is pimidronate. When I talked to Joe's oncologist yesterday afternoon, she didn't sound encouraging that this would help at this point.

If the pain continues to escalate, my oncologist will make a special trip in to OSU for me this weekend -- even though she is not on call. I would like to wait until all of Joe's best friends at OSU are there next week so they can say goodbye.

Jane

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jane, out thoughts are with you both. We will be thinking of you all weekend and please know you have done everything for Joe and he loves you for it.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm sorry you're facing this, Jane. You and Joe have done so very much for others -- I wish I could be there closer by to support the two of you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest snakes

Good thoguhts for you and Joe that this weekend is a comfortable one with lots of love to add to whats already there.

:grouphug

Rio aka El Rio (Dec. 4/07) - Home May 16, 2010
Tiana aka CTW Tyra Time (June 7/07 to December 9, 2016) - home July 1, 2010, we miss you terribly, Sweet Girl :weep

Willy aka Starz Predator (Oct. 15/06) - home Aug. 29, 2010
and littermates Merlin aka CTW Excalibur & Mirage aka CTW Mirage (Jan. 1/08) - home Dec. 5, 2010
& June 3, 2012
missing Beagle-Chihuahua, Kasie Lynn (March 15/95-Sept. 13/10)

:grouphug I'm so, so sorry. I hope you get in lots of extra cuddles and special treats this weekend.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Guest IrskasMom

Jane , I am so sorry for the sad News.We will be thinking of you and Joe through this difficult Times. Lots of gentle Hugs to you and Joe :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Jane, my heart is breaking for you. I truly wish I could give you the comfort you have given me. Know you and Joe are in our thoughts and prayers.

:crying :crying :crying

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Edited by Tallgreydogmom

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Jane I hate seeing this. Sending you some hugs, prayers and lots of good thoughts. :grouphug

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest jettcricket

I'm so sorry...I know how incredibly hard this is for you and your pecious boy. Sending you peace and white light....

Jane, I am SO sorry to hear this. I know how your heart must be breaking.

We'll be praying for you & Joe & sending all our love & prayers.

Kathy & Desi

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Jane, I am so sorry. We will be with you and Joe in spirit and in prayer. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

:grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown