Help Celebrate The New Addition

Please join me in welcoming SE's Jeff C to the family. Jeff is son to my Jaynie (Barts Orchid) and Flying Stanley. He recently retired from Tri State in West Virginia.

There are many people to thank for getting him here, starting with his owner, Colleen Pace, who agreed to give me first right of refusal when he became eligible for adoption, and followed through.

A huge thank you to his trainer, Sherri Comas, who ensured he arrived pre-spoiled and in superb condition. While in the racing kennel Jeff had a cushy pet style bed in his crate, enjoyed premium kibble as part of his diet (Blue Buffalo if memory serves) and was just generally spoiled and loved.

She personally drove him to Wheeling where they shared a night on a friend's couch before she dropped him off with the adoption group, ensuring his training as a spoiled house pet got off to an immediate start.

Another huge thank you goes to Lisa Corbly, Greys Landing Greyhound Placement, for agreeing to take Jeff into her busy program, and for fostering him in her home, where he received the basic training every hound needs prior to going to their forever home. He needed to learn, for example, that unlike the racetrack, the direct route to your goal is not necessarily the best route at home:

JeffCouch1-1.jpg

She also brought him on a trip to Erie with a couple of GUR pups, and that is where Jeff met his mama Jaynie and jumped into a car with Ontario plates to head home. I wish I had photos of that part of the trip but it was a bit hectic.

Jeff was understandably pretty insecure the first 24h at home, and snuggled up to his mama. Amazingly she let him. One time only :shakefinger .

201203JeffandJayniesleeping.jpg

He hasn't needed the belly band since that first day.

He's a big boy (nearly 80 lbs) yet seems to favour the smallest bed, who knows why? :youcrazy

201203bigdoglittlebed.jpg

And while mama may feel her days of nurturing her babies are over, she is certainly willing to do zoomies with him, and is often faster in spite of being more than twice his age, and a lot smaller. Go mom!!

DSC_0119.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

Jeff loves his ball!

DSC_0117.jpg

Although I have no photos of the two together, Jeff and Rickie get along just fine too.

Welcome home Jeff :confetti :confetti :confetti

201204Handsome2.jpg

Edited by Rickiesmom

What a handsome boy! But apparently he came from a pretty momma - love her markings!

Not to hijack my own thread, but Jaynie is gorgeous, not that I'm biased. Here are a couple of mama photos:

Looking pretty on a walk:

Jaynie-prettyprettygirl.jpg

The Jaynie classic: stolen mango:

201007Jaynieandmangolite.jpg

Toward the end of a fun run:

jaynie14.jpg

Woohoo!

Congratulations! He's a very handsome boy. And those pics of him running and jumping with his Mom are wonderful. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Smiley-loveshower.gifSmiley-congrats.gifSmiley-loveshower.gif

He's stunning, as is his mama! wub.gifwub.gif

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

What a great story, and great pictures! All smiles here. Congratulations!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Wow, that is fantastic!! So neat to see the two together - bet it's magical for you!

We just road tripped to Ohio from Ottawa to get a pup and had we known, could have brought Jeff back with us!!

Congrats!!

Doe's Bruciebaby Doe's Bumper

Derek

Follow my Ironman journeys and life with dogs, cats and busy kids: A long road

Guest Roadtripper

Love the first pic of Jeff strolling across the TOP of the couch! Hilarious. And he has the sweetest expression in his eyes--must be his awesome genes!

Congrats!

Amy

Guest goofydog

Mary, Jeff looks like an awesome dog and a wonderful addition to your home! Just wish both he and Jaynie could make the trip to MtH sio I could meet him in person. Welcome home Jeff!