Dawn 6-10-01 To 3-01-12

Dawnnziggy

I have tried to start this several times but I just could not get myself to finish it. Our sweet little girl is gone. I feel awful. I took her to the vet and had her put to sleep and she did not want to go into the vet's office. It seemed that she knew why we were there. She was suffering so much that I didn't want her to try to make it one more day. She was bleeding from her mouth and throwing up blood. She wouldn't eat anything. I tried baby food, ice cream, yogurt, chicken, cottage cheese, cheese, milk, cheese crackers, and anything else I could think of to try. She couldn't lay down for too long at a time without having to get up and move around. Anyway, I cannot think of her without tearing up. I think I feel more bad for myself because I miss her so much.

We got Dawn in late August of 2005. She ran right up to our DS who was 6 and gave him a big kiss. I had read that they did not kiss and had told him that. Boy were we wrong. She was a big kisser. She loved her family, and gave us lots of kisses. She had a special bond with our DS. She slept with him every night. She would go in and stand by his bed for special loving. Then, she would flop onto her bed and sleep most of the night. He was hers. That was how it seemed. If there was a storm, she would go in his room and lay right beside his bed. She wanted to protect him.

We hadn't had her for too long when we decided to go away. We usually took her with us but this time we didn't. My DH had just bought a huge bag of toilet paper. She had a heyday while we were gone. She shredded the whole bag! Our living room looked like it had been snowed in. I laughed and laughed and laughed. She trained us because we never left toilet paper out again.

She was a great friend. We will miss her always. Run like the wind, Sweets and know that your mama misses you with all her heart! :weep:brokenheart

Run free Sweets! No more pain for you. :gh_run

IMG_0326-1.jpg

I'm so sorry. Run free Dawn :gh_run

You did the right thing by easing her suffering. :grouphug

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

She must have been a real sweetheart. I'm so sorry you had to say good-bye.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm so sorry you had to say "see you later" to your good friend. :grouphug

Godspeed Dawn. There is an endless supply of tp at the Bridge for you to work your magic on. :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I know you will miss her sweet kisses so much. It's clear that when you made that saddest of decisions, her quality of life was most important. I'm so sorry you lost your precious Dawn.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I am so very sorry for your loss. Take comfort in knowing that your sweet girl is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

I am certain there is a new star shining brightly in the heavens tonight named Dawn.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so sorry for your loss. It is never easy to have to make such a decision, but it was a great gift of love to make her comfortable and relieve the pain.

God speed sweet girl.

Wanda, with the DC Racing Kids,

Eric ( DNT Finbarclancy )  6/29/14    Maggie ( DNT Oh Maggie ) 6/29/14

Lorraine ( DC Don't Rainonme ) 3/15/08 - 4/9/20 ---  Suzie ( DC Lazy Susan ) 3/12/06 - 9/4/18 --- Stormy ( DC Major Storm ) 11/29/99 - 1/21/12 ---- Andy ( Andy's Alibi ) 1/23/99 - 12/30/11

That must be where all our snow has come from -- she has found the TP cabinet in heaven. :wub:

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, Dawn.

Edited by Batmom

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

That must be where all our snow has come from -- she has found the TP cabinet in heaven. :wub:

:nod

Godspeed, Sweet Girl. Not only did you bring joy to your Mama, you clearly opened up a little boy's world so that he would know the love of a hound. What a beautiful gift to have given....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 Your sweet girl left far too soon.

Godspeed Dawn.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I thought and thought all of these wonderful things to say about her. When I actually started typing, all I wanted to do was cry. I'll do a better job later.

She was a great hound and super friend!

Thanks for all of your kind thoughts and words. It helps.

Guest RyanR

Oh my goodness, you too? And on the same day. You, well we, did the right thing ending their pain. The hardest thing is taking on all this grief in exchange for doing what's best.

Hang in there..

Guest greymama002

Deepest sympathy to your family on the loss of your precious Dawn, she loved dearly & was so dearly loved. Run pain-free, sweetheart and watch over your family who's missing you so.