Eagle (Carolina Heron)

Guest EaglesMom

Guest EaglesMom

9 years ago I talked my husband into adopting a dog, a greyhound, a breed I was told did not bark, shed or have a doggie smell. Eagle came into our life with a skin infection that made him stink to high heaven and virtually no hair at all. He was not well socialized and had a wild look in his eyes, made a run for every door that he thought he would escape from. Within a year, I had the sweetest, furriest (and boy did this dog shed) love of my life. He had great fears, fear of shiny floors, of change, baby gates, trash bags, men with beards, and my lord, I could not get him to budge into a passenger side of a vehicle, always had to be the drivers side. It was because of him that not only did I trade in my car of less than a year for a SUV, I started volunteering with a local adoption group and met wonderful folks, many of which have become my dear friends. I then started fostering and helping out with GUR’s which caused me to get over a fear of bridges, I HATED to drive over them, hated to be in a car, period. This escalated into a trip to florida where I was able to visit a greyhound farm that had many, many dogs that needed to find groups to take them, out of this trip, East Coast Greyhound Aid was born and dogs from that farm and later, dogs from Birmingham Race Track begin their journey into adoption and their forever homes.

Eagle was the best of the best, he lived in a hotel with me for six weeks while I was away at school and became the class mascot, you COULD NOT meet this dog without falling in love with him. He once met a child at a local meet and greet that the parents had brought there to try and conquer his fear of dogs, within an hour, the child was sitting on the floor with Eagle’s head in his lap, he was that sweet.

I cannot and will not try to sum up the love I have for Eagle, 9 years ago I adopted a dog, that dog changed my life and opened up a whole new world for me. That dog changed me as a person and because of that dog, many, many, dogs are now on their couch, safe, warm and with a family to love them.

Run free Eagle, not only will you not be forgotten, your memory will forever live on in my heart.

I love you forever and always.

Guest FawnFan

I'm so sorry for your loss of Eagle. He sounds like the perfect greyhound ambassador who's mission in life was to make positive changes wherever he possibly could.

Run free Eagle run free dear kind boy

edited to correct a typo

Edited by FawnFan

.....and because of that dog, many, many, dogs are now on their couch, safe, warm and with a family to love them..

This is the greatest gift your sweet boy could give.

I am so sorry, Becky, that your beloved Eagle is gone. We know the terrible pain you are feeling. Words can't take the pain away, but know that we're thinking about you tonight. When we see you again, we will toast to Eagle and to Bee Wiseman, two amazing dogs that changed our lives forever.

:grouphug

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

I'm so sorry for the loss of your very special boy.

Godspeed, Eagle.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry for the loss of your very special Eagle.

Say not in grief, "he is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was. ~ Hebrew proverb

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

What a wonderful dog. I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

So sorry for the loss of your boy.

I know only too well the pain of saying goodbye to a faithful friend.

Remember the good times....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Becky,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

Eagle was truly special and he was a fine ambassa-dog.

Run free, Eagle.

Please let your mom know that you are OK in some special way so she will know that the message had to come from you.

Many hugs-

Carol

Greyhound Fleece Jackets

Greyhound Pack: EdWin, Jethro. and Lucky; Foster Jinks; Angels Janet, Faster, Blake, Navarre, Murray, and Festus.

I am so sorry for the loss of your very special Eagle. Thank you for sharing him with us.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Becky, I am so sorry. Eagle was such a sweet boy and had the cutest ears :) It is so hard when one of our hounds leave us, but there is something about losing our 1st hound that makes it the hardest. They are the ones that introduced us into this wonderful world of greythounds. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Godspeed handsome Eagle :f_white

gallery_1200_2898_10946.jpg

He did his work well, on this plane. :heart I'm so very sorry it was time for him to go. :cry1 Godspeed, sweet Eagle... go run like the wind with the angels. :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.