Introducing Slick

win4profit

We picked him up Saturday afternoon at 1:30 and were totally smitten by 1:35. He was very reserved but greeted us with a smile. He rode in the van like an old pro, even took a quick nap. Introductions to Gypsy were made outside and she immediately approved. We were warned that he likes to mark everything so we were ready with a belly band and kept a close eye on him at all times in the house. We determined that he has a UTI and got him started on antibiotics yesterday. He is very curious and follows us everywhere. Nothing seems to shake him, he is very laid back. He still hasn't quite figured out the nice beds on the floor are for him. :rolleyes: He prefers to lay on the towel in front of the patio door. He loves the sqeaky toys. He crates easily and doesn't make a peep. I decided to sleep on the sofa next to his crate the first night and awoke around 4 am, he was circling in his crate and I reassured him that I was right there and to lie back down. Unfortunately, in my sleepy state, it didn't dawn on me that he needed to go. So even with the belly band on, he let loose and soaked himself, the bed & the pen. Once he was done, I took him outside and of course Gypsy had to come too. So I am walking him on his lead (afraid to let him loose in the dark on his first night, even though we have a fenced yard) and I can hear Gypsy jumping up on the 6' privacy fence. I try not to yell, seeing as it is 4AM, telling her to stop. She is completely stretched out up the fence. As I am walking towards her I see that there is something on the top of the fence, I can't make out what it is, but it is not moving. Just about that time, Gypsy makes one final leap and snatches it off the top of the fence and starts shaking the ** out of it. If didn't matter then that it was 4AM and I yelled bloody murder for DH. He comes running out in his boxers to see what all the commotion was. I handed Slick off to him and went to go get the high power flashlight and went out to see what it was. Evidently when I screamed, Gypsy dropped the critter and ran to the other end of the yard. So now we can add a possum to her growing list of kills. So here we are at 4 in the morning cleaning Slick, cleaning his crate and adding new bedding and washing the poo off of Gypsy. Thankfully, last night was much better. So without further ado, the pics......

My handsome boy

100_1938.jpg

I believe Gypsy was whispering 'you are really gonna like it here' :wub:

100_1933E.jpg

He finally started climbing on the bed late last night.

100_1940E.jpg

He really wanted to taste test the chicken

100_1939E.jpg

Gypsys booboo from her encounter with the possum

100_1944E.jpg

I think they are going to be best buds

100_1943E.jpg

Everyday-4.jpg

Congratulations! He's definitely a looker! :confetti

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

congrats!!!! he's handsome!!!

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Welcome home Slick!!!!

What a handsome dude!

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

WOW, is he ever handsome!! :beatheart

Welcome home, Slick!!

:confetti

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Congratulations! He's so cute and looks right at home.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Congratulations!

Sounds like he's settling in really well. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Wow! they are both really good looking! Congratulations on your new addition. :yay

Taunya and her Supreme Grace, Anna - Sharsanna (Kiowa Sweet Trey x Camden Coming), Surge (no races), Kelsos Yorktown (Trent Lee x Kelsos Spotswood), Galgo Espanol - Valentin. Forever waitin' on Red (Kiowa Mon Manny x Bella Ionic).

• 5 weeks later...