Harrison Is Gone

Guest cypselus

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to your lovely boy.

That last photo is wonderful...

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

This is one of the sweetest tributes I've ever read. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your precious Harrison :grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest avadogner

I am so sorry for your loss. Your tribute was so beautiful and really captured the love, laughter and happiness that these special dogs can bring into our lives...if we are lucky. Your pictures really show the charming if a bit sneaky personality Harrison had.

I feel so blessed for every extra day we have with our Ava who recieved a terminal diagnosis of 3-6m 4 months ago. I hope when her times come, I can do her the honor of a tribute as beautiful and moving as you have done for your Harrison. Blessings of peace and comfort are being sent your way.

-ava& augie's mum

Guest cypselus

We loved him so much, and he was with us when we dated, when we married, when we had children, when we moved, when we remodeled, when we fought, when we made up. There was so much joy in our years together, but now the grief is nearly crushing. He made me smile every day, no matter what, and now he's gone. He'll never bark at me at 10:00 PM when it's time to eat, or excitedly greet me at the front door, then grab a stuffy and head for the back door to sprint around the yard, or sneak into bed at 1:00 AM and curl up in a little ball behind my knees. I feel his absence acutely, and feel more than a little anger, guilt, and regret as well. I feel ashamed for feeling this way, too. I know we did all we could, but it doesn't stop the feelings. Grief is hard, and it will take some time for me not to expect to see him everywhere, time to become accustomed to this new, impoverished normal. I'm sure I'll love other dogs some day, but he was special, and came at a special time in my life, and it's gone now with his passing.

Harrison was very special, and so was your tribute. I went from a chuckle (how he trained you so well) to outright laughter (sharing the french fry) to tears on that last remarkable photo.

Rest in peace, Harrison; my sincerest condolences to your family.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

What a lovely tribute to your sweet Harrison. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 Your special boy picked just the right family, and you chose just the right dog. I wish he could have stayed longer.

Godspeed Harrison.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

What an incredibly perfect boy he was. I'm glad you could give him the joy of living with you. I'm sorry he couldn't stay longer.

Godspeed, Harrison.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

If ever a tribute made me smile through tears, it was yours. He was exceptional, wasn't he? Dogs like Harrison leave a huge empty space with their passing. I hope in time, that space will be filled with your wonderful memories. You have a lot of them.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Harrison.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Harrison....I love the name and I loved reading about your time with him. I wish it could have been longer. You have some wonderful memories of your boy...I hope those help. Rest well, handsome Harrison.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest madredhare

So sorry for your loss. Sounds like you have many wonderful memories. What gets me through some days is the thought of my hounds waiting for me at the bridge.