Is My Beloved Dying?

Guest Hewlett

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I'm So VERY sorry ... I wanted to hear a much different report today. Please accept gentle hugs from another who has lost a beloved hound.

I'm glad that you were there with Hewlett when he needed you, and that he wasn't alone in a strange place when he passed.

I got my first tattoo in memory of him. I'm in my 50s so of course everything thinks I'm nuts

You are in good company here. We love you and know the pain you are feeling for Hewlett. Feel sorry for those who do not understand your loss, for they know not what they are missing.

When you are ready we would love to see your tattoo in memory of Hewlett.

Edited by Tallgreydogmom

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Guest greyhoundgirl1

I am so sorry to hear about Hewlett. Even though he was nearly 12, we always feel they've gone to soon. Someone posted recently a quote about James Dean by the Eagles that surely applies to our beautiful greys no matter what their age was:

"You were too fast to live, too young to die. Bye bye." James Dean by The Eagles

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beloved boy. :cry1 He will live on forever in your heart. :beatheart Godspeed, precious Hewlett... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Say not in grief, "he is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was. ~ Hebrew proverb

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest tysmom
Say not in grief, "he is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was. ~ Hebrew proverb [/color]]

Just beautifully spoken...

How heart breaking.

deb

I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, sweet pup.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry for the loss of your Hewlett. We are all grieving along with you.

Run free Hewlett, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest mbfilby

I lost my heart dog this spring unexpectedly as well. I know exactly how you feel, but profound sadness turns into fond memories eventually. I'm sorry for your loss.

Guest alannamac

I am so very sorry for your loss, but glad to learn that he was able to wait for you and say goodbye before he had to go. There was nothing you could have done, it was his time. I hope that you and your family recover from the shock of his loss in good time. Just as you did not want him to suffer, he certainly would not want you to either. Greys are the most kind, playful, forgiving, loving souls.

:f_red :f_red

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Hewlett.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so, so sorry. I know the pain all too well, and I certainly don't think you're nuts. I didn't get a tattoo (I very nearly did, but chickened out because I'm allergic to so many things and had heard that you can become allergic to the inks many years later) but I still have all the dogs' collars and tags, at least one of each hanging on picture frames or displayed somehow around the house. I have their caskets in the dining room (some think that's creepy, but who cares?) and Jack's favourite yellow duck sitting on his casket. I cannot even put it away, and it's been nearly two years.

I love the Hebrew saying. In time, you'll be able to think of Hewlett with gladness, though there will always be sadness too.

I hope you won't think this is insensitive, but personally, I think you're quite lucky. To me, it's a blessing to have a beloved dog die at home with you after a short illness (a week seems like years at the time, but really isn't), and so quickly. I was blessed like this with my first, most beloved Jim, who died overnight in his own bed of very similar heart problems - congestive heart failure, failing valve, calcification of the aorta etc - and I was so glad for him that he did. I didn't have to make that decision for him, unlike all the dogs since. Some of the decisions have been agonising, but when they 'decide' to go all by themselves of natural causes, trust me, you tend to work through the worst of the grief so much quicker.

:bighug

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop