Archie, Architard, My Boogerbear

Guest SoulsMom

Guest SoulsMom

I've never had to do this before for such longtime companion and this has taken me a while to compose. Partly because shortly after Archie left DBF’s Mom went into ICU and passed away so I had to fly off to Texas rather suddenly.

Archie was my JRT/Whippet mix and it’s always been me and Archie against the world. We were together 14 years and have lived in Oklahoma, Texas, Oregon, Connecticut and Massachusetts together. He has been there with me through both my parent’s deaths. He was my feisty, grumpy, pushy terrier terror and I loved him with all my heart. But he was old and failing and I just couldn’t let him go on like that anymore. Shortly before the procedure he had a little seizure/stroke confirming that I was making the right decision. As he was passing my wonderful vet, Dr. Schettino, scratched him behind the ear and said "Bye little tough guy." I will remember those words forever. Soul and I are having a bit of trouble getting used to life with out him bossing us around.

I miss you Archie. Thank you for being by my side through so many life changes.

73274_1500117775251_1003351716_1119296_4763757_n.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Archie.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Amber, I'm so sorry for your loss of Archie.

:grouphug:f_red

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I'm so sorry for your loss of Archie.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Oh, Amber and Soul, I am so very sorry. I loved your Archie stories. He will live long in many, many hearts.

Cindy

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest momofevie

I'm so sorry for your loss. You already know this, but you gave Archie the greatest gift possible; he knows you love him.

I'm so sorry. Godspeed, Archie.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest TwinklenRea

Amber,

I am so sorry for your loss of Archie. I know you and Soul Man miss him greatly. Please know he is happy & no longer in pain.

:grouphug to you both for the tough time you have had these past few weeks. Please know we are here for you to lean on!

Erin, Twinkle & Rea

I'm so very sorry.

Godspeed, Archie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a wonderful, interesting, long life Archie had - he looks like he was the best little buddy. The littlest ones often take up more of our lives than would seem reasonable & leave a much bigger hole than we would expect. Best wishes to you & Soul. Godspeed Archie! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest vahoundlover

I am so sorry your special friend had to leave you. :cry1 I hope the memories you made together will help heal your broken heart

Godspeed Sweetheart :f_red

I'm so sorry Archie had to leave you Amber. I'll miss hearing Soul man talk about him. :grouphug

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

I'm so sorry, Amber. :grouphug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.